Transfer rumours

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

Pogba, Sancho (tho he will come good) Angel Di Maria, Sanchez, Lukaku (albeit still think he was doing fine), Martial etc

I don't know what Man United's aim is with their signings - I think Neville's speculated that they're signed with too much marketing in mind - but none of the players they've signed are bad, there just seems to be very little joined up thinking in terms of team cohesion.

18 minutes ago, kisearch said:

I don't know what Man United's aim is with their signings - I think Neville's speculated that they're signed with too much marketing in mind - but none of the players they've signed are bad, there just seems to be very little joined up thinking in terms of team cohesion.

It is hilarious how Ronaldo was going to go to citeh untill the last minute I'm sure pep is glad he did now. 

Manure are at that point where they don't need to be successful now they will just make money regardless. With their American owners I'm sure as long as the dollars keep coming in they won't care 

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

Why’s he going to Toronto? Strange move 

Yeap very strange, defoe went there and hated it and surely we can offer him a better wage. Plus over there you can still play at top level when you are 40 so no harm in a 2 year pit stop at the toon first

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Man United signed those players because they had profile and were available, they just had zero idea how they were meant to fit into a long term plan or approach.

Martial was the strangest 1 they signed him out of nowhere and there was so much hype but then stuck him out on the wing and fucked him up. He probably can't wait to get out of there

3 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Martial was the strangest 1 they signed him out of nowhere and there was so much hype but then stuck him out on the wing and fucked him up. He probably can't wait to get out of there

How was it out of nowhere? Arsenal, Spurs and Man United were all linked with him for ages before they signed him. He'd just been called up to the French squad too.

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

How was it out of nowhere? Arsenal, Spurs and Man United were all linked with him for ages before they signed him. He'd just been called up to the French squad too.

I thought he was heavily linked with arsenal then man United swooped in and got him. Also with some balon dor clause in the transfer fee as well

Just now, Gazzaschicken said:

I thought he was heavily linked with arsenal then man United swooped in and got him. Also with some balon dor clause in the transfer fee as well

Man United were definitely linked. He should have been a really good signing, and has still scored a lot of goals for them. Just really badly managed.

It's like with Sancho - they were crying out for someone on the right and then barely played him.

6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Man United were definitely linked. He should have been a really good signing, and has still scored a lot of goals for them. Just really badly managed.

It's like with Sancho - they were crying out for someone on the right and then barely played him.

Totally agree but you look at who's been in the dugout for the last few tears and it starts to make a bit of sense. If they're prepared to appoint and keep a manager based on sentiment then they're capable of signing players without much idea of what they're going to do with them. 

30 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

It is hilarious how Ronaldo was going to go to citeh untill the last minute I'm sure pep is glad he did now. 

Manure are at that point where they don't need to be successful now they will just make money regardless. With their American owners I'm sure as long as the dollars keep coming in they won't care 

Reckon there is any truth to the reports that Ronaldo was never really joining City but they noises were made from his side to force Man-U into coming in for him and paying him stupid money?

16 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Sancho the fans were calling out for it that's probably why they signed him cause the just thought about shirt sales etc. 

It's Ronaldos fault really as they didn't really need him and should have stuck with greenwood he started the season really well then Ronaldo came and they pushed him back so Ronaldo could start up front meaning it's greenwood and sancho fighting for the same position. Rang nicks formation is a 4 2 2 2 so interesting to see where he fits into that as well.

He really would fit in great at city but we won't get into the history of that. Unless pep knew something we don't know? 

Edited by Gazzaschicken

3 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Reckon there is any truth to the reports that Ronaldo was never really joining City but they noises were made from his side to force Man-U into coming in for him and paying him stupid money?

Maybe but I'm sure a player of his calibre doesn't need to do that does he? 

Just now, Gazzaschicken said:

Maybe but I'm sure a player of his calibre doesn't need to do that does he? 

On the face of it you would think not but Man-U didn't need him and as we've seen they are worse off as a team, it was a signing made using emotion and not logic 

But aye if City were really interested in him then they have definitely not suffered as a result of the last minute change