Transfer rumours

Yorkie

What are traore's stats like? In premier league with boro Karanka switched what flank he was playing on at half time so he was always near the bench and he could shout instructions at him. May be Karanka being rubbish but could also be with him not being able to listen to coaching. if he doesn't pay attention he won't get on with Rafa.

He's been really good since Pulis came in, suprisingly. For all he's a knacker he's just let Traore do his thing and it's worked.

Something Rafa wouldnt do . Not to say he would or wouldnt be a good signing .

Of course we'd focus on defence rather than sorting our goalscoring issues out  :lol:

Article makes it clear we are focused on attacking options though.  We need an upgrade or at the very least serious competition for Yedlin

Guest chopey

Any idea why we always pay up front for players but accept staged payments for the ones we sell ?

Any idea why we always pay up front for players but accept staged payments for the ones we sell ?

the buying idea is to offer money up front and get the player for a cheaper overall fee as i recall it, and the selling one is because noone else would be stupid enough to do that

I’d imagine Ashley got heavily stung when buying the club, he didn’t realise we still had to pay out £millions on transfer fees. Think it was said we still had to pay installments for players that no longer played for us.

And staged payments for the ones we sell it’s cos no other club works that way and wouldn’t pay everything upfront

Edit: Ashley’s statement in 2008

The club is still in debt. Even worse than that, the club still owes millions of pounds in transfer fees. I shall be paying out many more millions over the coming year to pay for players bought by the club before I arrived.

I thought the accounts showed we actually owe 25 mil in staged payments and are due to receive 60mil?

So maybe it's not always anymore? :lol:

My feeling is that it's a way for us to negotiate higher sale prices. For example, some clubs may be more willing to pay 15m spread over a few years, instead of 12M in a lump sum at close. Overall it makes buying our players more attractive.

We've bid 1,3m for Kerim Mrabti of Djurgården according to Belgian media. Fuck knows why Belgian media are reporting it though.

Good player in the Swedish league, but not sure hed fit in the PL