Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Hodgson was raving about Mitrovic's performance against Derby and compared him to Alan Shearer as a target man.

Consider a hypothetical Mitrovic for Benteke swap deal. Would Benteke's attributes suit a Rafa striker and could he get him firing again with his penchant for improving players and really putting them in position to excel? Please discuss.

Guest Howaythetoon

I quite like Benteke and he has actually been doing a lot of what Rafa wants in a striker for Palace last season in lots of ways. The goals have dried up though and he’s a bit of a donkey at times. He’d be a huge upgrade on Gayle and Joselu, mind anyone would be an upgrade on the latter.

I quite like Benteke and he has actually been doing a lot of what Rafa wants in a striker for Palace last season in lots of ways. The goals have dried up though and he’s a bit of a donkey at times. He’d be a huge upgrade on Gayle and Joselu, mind anyone would be an upgrade on the latter.

Thank you for actually making an effort to answer, unlike a certain mole enthusiast  :D

I tend to agree with you, which is why I brought up the question. He has a lot of very useful attributes that I imagine Rafa would like, and so I do wonder if with Rafa's excellent instruction and preparation he could get back to scoring goals as he did quite well in the premier league previously.

Having been very highly rated previously, he has now lost his way a bit, and so I did wonder if it's a situation worth taking advantage of, as there won't be a ton of interest and his value would be a lot lower than before.

Think we have the right manager to really get him back on track.

Guest Howaythetoon

When Kluivert did play he was decent, especially alongside Bellamy. I don’t think Sir Bobby wanted him and I don’t think he really wanted to be here either. One of my fave ever players though and someone I just had a feeling would end up here for some reason so in a way it was a pleasure to get to watch him up close for my team even if it wa a brief and he wasn’t at the top of his game.

Guest Howaythetoon

Christian Benteke...officially shitter than Joselu last season

No he wasn’t, I watched a canny bit of Palace last season them being a ‘rival’ if you like and while the goals dried up and he could look like a donkey at times, his general play pisses all over Joselu who I regard as one of the worst players I’ve seen in our shirt, such a non entity and a waste of a shirt.

Benteke looks like he has severe Wilfried Bony syndrome. The Benteke of years past would have been an ideal signing, he is someone with pedigree and many of the attributes that I look for in a forward to lead the line, but I do not want him in his current, afflicted state.

Despite being young, he looks half the player he was in his first season at Villa. On low wages, it would be a decent risk, but he'll be able to get a higher wage from another Premier League side or China.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

No he wasn’t, I watched a canny bit of Palace last season them being a ‘rival’ if you like and while the goals dried up and he could look like a donkey at times, his general play pisses all over Joselu who I regard as one of the worst players I’ve seen in our shirt, such a non entity and a waste of a shirt.

They were both crap last season and Joselu's numbers were better. I saw Palace when they were on TV and Benteke was awful, just as Joselu was awful.

Guest Howaythetoon

They were both crap last season and Joselu's numbers were better. I saw Palace when they were on TV and Benteke was awful, just as Joselu was awful.

Regardless, Benteke is a much better player than Josleu. Much better.

Joselu, one of the worst players to pull on our shirt?  Sorry but thats just grade A horseshit.  He's a shit goal scorer, but his link up and general play is decent overall.  He's nowhere near what we want, but not even close to our worst Footballers.

Joselu, one of the worst players to pull on our shirt?  Sorry but thats just grade A horseshit.  He's a shit goal scorer, but his link up and general play is decent.

Glad i'm not the only one to think this. :thup:

Shame, but realistically he's never going to be Prem level.

Best for him to move on and settle elsewhere rather than sit on the outskirts of our set up for years. Maybe he can return if he progresses well. Always looked like a boy against men when he turned out for us though and I'm not sure he's developed all that much since tbh.

Joselu, one of the worst players to pull on our shirt?  Sorry but thats just grade A horseshit.  He's a shit goal scorer, but his link up and general play is decent overall.  He's nowhere near what we want, but not even close to our worst Footballers.

Totally agree.