Transfer rumours

Yorkie

We'll be in for a CB or two in the summer I think with Mbemba and possibly Clark moving on, think I would like someone a little better than Dawson. Nastasic is out of contract in the summer, think he would be a great pick up. If we are looking for a back up, bring in a promising youngster to groom rather than this 28 year old.

Thought Dawson was much older than that, I would definitely take him assuming we're letting people go. Big threat at set pieces as well.

£15m seems just the normal price for any functioning PL player.

Hence why Joselu was £6m. Not even half a functioning one.

Thought Dawson was much older than that, I would definitely take him assuming we're letting people go. Big threat at set pieces as well.

£15m seems just the normal price for any functioning PL player.

Really?

I'm surprised he's that old. Doesn't seem long ago since he was scoring goals for England U21s.

Lascelles & Lejeune should be our starting CBs next year if we can help it. No reason to intervene in what is a promising partnership. Lascelles does a very good job of playing the cover role when Lejeune steps out to close down attackers as he's inclined to do. Can't underestimate the importance of a duo that actually compliment & understand one another's game. We have that with these two. In my opinion, centre back is one of the last places I'd look to improve in the squad, much more priority in nigh on every other area.

Lascelles & Lejeune should be our starting CBs next year if we can help it. No reason to intervene in what is a promising partnership. Lascelles does a very good job of playing the cover role when Lejeune steps out to close down attackers as he's inclined to do. Can't underestimate the importance of a duo that actually compliment & understand one another's game. We have that with these two. In my opinion, centre back is one of the last places I'd look to improve in the squad, much more priority in nigh on every other area.

Aye if we get better full backs.

I am pretty happy with the entire team apart from strikers, it would not bother me one bit if we started the next season with the exact same starting 11 as we closed with but, for the exception of someone who can get on the end of the ball and actually finish the chances the team creates.

(And I never thought I would ever think the above where Paul Dummett is concerned)

I am pretty happy with the entire team apart from strikers, it would not bother me one bit if we started the next season with the exact same starting 11 as we closed with but, for the exception of someone who can get on the end of the ball and actually finish the chances the team creates.

(And I never thought I would ever think the above where Paul Dummett is concerned)

I would be horrified it that happened.

Pretty happy to keep that team as a squad but add 4 or 5 players, out of that I think we need two full backs to go straight in.  At least one striker, a midfielder and a couple of wingers.

Would imply everyone else is just gonna stand still which obviously won't happen.

Given that reality, staying up would be unlikely.

Saying that though, it won’t be easy for a new fullback to keep Dummett out permanently for example. Not unless we’re spending way above what I think is realistic.

Probably quite a few situations where we could get a Merino who comes in and doesn’t immediately improve the first team.

With a quality striker I think without injuries we really should make the top 10 with the same team (that's assuming we keep the two loanees we want). With a bit of investment on top of this (full backs, number 10 and a quality CM) then we could solidly make the top 8.

The gap between the top 8 (Burnley excluded somewhat) and the rest is so large I can see why from a business perspective Ashley wants to spend fuck all.

It quality striker would have certainly have made a difference and converted some of those draws into wins and maybe some of the lose loses in to draws but we really could do with some players to go straight into that side.

I'm spending all the ridiculously low transfer fund Ashley will sanction on a striker like, let any other holes be addressed through money made from sales (assuming Ashley permits re-investment) and loans.