Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest Cheesy Beans

He always looked better when he had a run at opposition players rather than trying to control a ball Lascelles hit at him from 60 yards away.

But he’s never going to show off his dribbling or passing skills when he’s the only NUFC player in the opposition half with 2 or 3 defenders around him.

There’s clearly a decent player in there, but we’ll never see him.

He was forced to play as a lone striker because Gayle and Carroll were permanently injured and Muto must have a clause in his contract on appearance fees or something. He was also being managed by Steve Bruce.

If Matt Ritchie is indeed going the other way, how do people figure the valuations of both players will play out?

I've seen mentions of Bournemouth wanting £30 million :lol:

If so, how much does Ritchie potentially knock off of that? I'm guessing £10 million?

Considering his injury history I wouldn't pay more than £20 million at the very most for Wilson. Ritchie + £10 million.

I’d say Wilson would be £10-15m more than Ritchie. If Gayle was fit I’d have tried sending the pair in a straight swap. If we get Fraser I think we’d have ended up much stronger for £0 spent.

I reckon Bournemouth would want £15M and Ritchie.

Joelinton just had a bad year. Total lack of confidence after 10 games or so. Never got it back.

He tried though, there was very few if any games where I thought his attitude was wrong.

A deeper role where he can make runs, give and go type shit, that’s where he’ll prosper.

The problem is, if someone like Callum Wilson comes in, who do you drop to give Joelinton a place in the team?

He is a luxury player for us. He cannot play central. Has to drift pit wide. That's fine except he doesn't create or affect play enough when out wide to justify his starting spot.

We can but wish the best for him but barring a complete rejuvination in confidence and a role that works, which of course we will be told has happened, I don't see him making progress. Hope this is an embarrassing post to look back on when he lights it up.

Joelinton is fucking awful lads, it's nowt to do with being played out of position or Bruce's tactics, he is simply not a good football player.

:lol:

So easy to say and just so lazy, but you're entitled to your opinion man.

He is a luxury player for us. He cannot play central. Has to drift pit wide. That's fine except he doesn't create or affect play enough when out wide to justify his starting spot.

We can but wish the best for him but barring a complete rejuvination in confidence and a role that works, which of course we will be told has happened, I don't see him making progress. Hope this is an embarrassing post to look back on when he lights it up.

Don't think he'll ever light it up under Bruce unfortunately. Be happy to be proved wrong though. Hard to believe it's the same player in the clip below, but just look at the forward runs from all the players around him and how that allows him to initially drop deep as you said, and then arrive late.

He gets a hat-trick that way and then a brilliant assist for the last goal. All of last season with Newcastle he had no one ever making runs forward off him. Too bad.

Batshuayi would be very good, i.e no chance in hell

The sad thing is if we want him we could get him. Chelsea have decided to move him on, particularly as he is in the final year of his contract now, and they will be using Werner, Abraham and Giroud, while Havertz can also play up top.

Going to be interesting to see who we end up with, if anyone. There are a decent number of options out there in the likes of Callum Wilson, Josh King, Alfredo Morelos, Michy Batshuayi, and even Ollie Watkins. It will be terrible if we end up blowing it.

Please stop pushing this rumour - it makes me vomit in my mouth every time I read it...

Unrealisitc signing? Or you think he's bad?

Absolutely awful signing. Not good enough, and frankly broken in the head.

Would certainly prefer the money collect interest in Ashley’s account and persist with Joelinton.

Raconteur[/member]

Thought you might like this. Seems like an amazing guy  ;)

Don't think he'll ever light it up under Bruce unfortunately. Be happy to be proved wrong though. Hard to believe it's the same player in the clip below, but just look at the forward runs from all the players around him and how that allows him to initially drop deep as you said, and then arrive late.

He gets a hat-trick that way and then a brilliant assist for the last goal. All of last season with Newcastle he had no one ever making runs forward off him. Too bad.

His performance against Man City in the Champions League aswell around October 18 was also fantastic. Who knew playing a player in completely the wrong position would result him in not playing to his level.

Fraser and Callum Wilson would be a lot better than what I expected this summer.

Bit annoying that Wilson isn't that much younger than what Rondon was when we refused to sign him for his age though

I doubt we’d be after Wilson if Bournemouth didn’t want Richie to offset some of the money

Fulham are looking into the possibility of signing Bertrand Traore from Lyon.

The former Chelsea winger has two years left on his contract at the French club.

Lyon are understood to be open to selling Traore this summer and the newly-promoted Cottagers have joined Newcastle, Leicester, Everton and Crystal Palace in taking an interest in the 24-year-old.