Newcastle United Women

toontownman

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

I only just realised that NUFC’s official YouTube channel is streaming some of the women’s matches.  Baaaals.

Anyone know if they’re streaming the Halifax match?  I’ll happily watch the matches when they’re on.

If it's a home game then most likely aye.

1 minute ago, NE27 said:

If it's a home game then most likely aye.

Excellent.  Set a reminder on my phone.

Can’t tell if I should’ve been more aware, or if Newcastle hasn’t done the greatest job of letting the world know.  God knows I get enough junk emails from them. 

Signed Nicki Gears according to social media. Striker apparently. Dangerously tinoesque appointment when the only real concerns appear to be at the other end but championship player all the same

Edited by OpenC

48 minutes ago, OpenC said:

the only real concerns appear to be at the other end

I think their was only really a 'problem' at the other end in the last game. The tally this season is 34 for: 4 against (and three of these were in that last game). The problem seemed to be playing three in defence against two pacy wingers (and wonder goals / missed tackles, that are rarely going to happen). On the other hand, a g.f. of 34 suggests little problem at the other end (unless Galloway is injured). In that senario, we'll still score goals but the league could come down to g.d. (though Burnely's g.d. is 17, playing one game less).

Edited by Cclay

1 hour ago, OpenC said:

Signed Nicki Gears according to social media. Striker apparently. Dangerously tinoesque appointment when the only real concerns appear to be at the other end but championship player all the same

Hasn't Rebecca Ferguson got a long term injury from the other week

3 hours ago, Cclay said:

I think their was only really a 'problem' at the other end in the last game. The tally this season is 34 for: 4 against (and three of these were in that last game). The problem seemed to be playing three in defence against two pacy wingers (and wonder goals / missed tackles, that are rarely going to happen). On the other hand, a g.f. of 34 suggests little problem at the other end (unless Galloway is injured). In that senario, we'll still score goals but the league could come down to g.d. (though Burnely's g.d. is 17, playing one game less).

I don't know, I feel fairly sure that if (when) they go up the defence will be exposed pretty ruthlessly by championship teams. Barely even tested this season as you say so it's just a hunch but they do make me a bit nervous at the back. I always feel like they've got plenty of firepower and a lot of teams just end up resolutely pinned back by the strength of the attack.

Last weekend is the first time I've seen a team set up to just play through us and have a go anyway, and it worked much better then the obvious gulf in class and quality between the teams would have suggested it should.

Edited by OpenC

I agree about the jump in class to the Championship, where the current team will not be able to pin teams back. We'll see that, I guess, against (WSL) Manchester United. Still, I expect any gaps will be filled when / if we go up.