Newcastle United Women

toontownman

Alas Nikita Parris has gone to Brighton. 

We looked good last weekend, but that would have been an amazing icing on the cake if we'd pulled it off. Probably fair for her to want to stay in the WSL though. 

4 minutes ago, stozo said:

Alas Nikita Parris has gone to Brighton. 

We looked good last weekend, but that would have been an amazing icing on the cake if we'd pulled it off. Probably fair for her to want to stay in the WSL though. 

Michael Owen is her favourite player. No thanks.

I think they just about had it up and running by the end of last season to be fair :lol:

Anybody going on Sunday? I haven't bought a ticket but I'll be passing by anyway so I'll see if I can get in :) suspect the crowds from the end of last season might have dwindled back to the couple of thousand that were routinely going.  I still owe you a pint @Stifler

Edited by OpenC

Will be interesting how many do turn up. Looks like over 2000 seats have been allocated in the West Stand but as all seated tickets are now allocated I'm not sure how paying on the door will work. With standing and East Stand  I guess there will b 3-3500. Have you noticed that Southampton, Bristol City, Blackburn, Birmingham, Sunderland and Charlton have all changed the venue of their home game against us to their men's stadium. Think the rest of the league expect more from us than we do! 

I'm there on Sunday and can't wait. 

As @OpenC says, I think all of last seasons home games were available to watch, at least on YouTube. I’d imagine the app is just using an embedded YouTube tool or similar.

This leagues has their own TV rights deal, and also YouTube channel. So I’d imagine our games available via the app will be on a game by game basis.

As attendances go, the stands that you could see in their opening league game was full mostly of our fans. I was rather surprised at how many there was, it must have been a few hundred.

With that being an away game in London, and also available on YouTube, it is encouraging that the attendances will be there.

Honestly if you have a family and they even so much as a passing interest in football, take them to a woman’s match, especially if you have daughters who are still at an age that it could peak their interest.

@OpenC Haha, no hurry mate, I’m sure I’ll catch you at the next one we go too.