Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

What I've liked this season (thus far) is Becky Langley's ruthlessness, she's not afraid to drop the heroes of last season for the greater good of this season. She's definitely adapted well to the professionalism we have to adopt for this season. 

When we were 5-2 up at half time, she had a very displeased look when going back to the changing rooms. She's a proper perfectionist.

On 12/11/2023 at 18:11, Sifu said:

What I've liked this season (thus far) is Becky Langley's ruthlessness, she's not afraid to drop the heroes of last season for the greater good of this season. She's definitely adapted well to the professionalism we have to adopt for this season. 

When we were 5-2 up at half time, she had a very displeased look when going back to the changing rooms. She's a proper perfectionist.

Unfortunately, for the girls, it's something that absolutely has to be done. It's a real tough call for the manager to make too, as you can become unpopular very quickly, as there's still plenty of sentiment in the women's game. But, there are plenty of instances of players who look incredible at a lower level, then when they go up a tier, it doesn't happen for them. Up North, we had a striker that hit 13 goals in 10 games for a mid-table second division team. Looked like the complete package. She scored two goals in 43 appearances in the top division. Have seen similar with plenty of midfielders, who dominate matches, go up a league and just can't match the competitive nature of the league every week.

Looks like another big game this weekend, Forest having switched away from their usual venue of Grange Park to take advantage of the men's international break and play at the City Ground instead. The 3-0 win over them a few weeks ago in the cup should give confidence, but I expect it'll be a challenging fixture and one where a win would strengthen the promotion push significantly.

On 10/11/2023 at 20:46, LiquidAK said:

Daisy Burt won the award for Tyneside's most promising youngster last night - can't recall the username but her dad was on here I think? Must be mad proud 

EDIT: First ever female winner too, awesome 

Yes super proud 🖤🤍

Great for Daisy to win such an award and all of it is down to her own hard work. 

Lots of new signings this season for the Womens team , so lots of competition for places. 

New formation too !

She’s just turned 18 , So it’s only the beginning with Newcastle, who knows maybe in a few years they can get into the WSL.

Unbelievably proud. 

I'd been wondering for a while and don't think it was covered on here at the time, but seems that the home match with Halifax that didn't take place when the World Cup final was on will be rescheduled later in the season rather than forfeited and a points deduction. They have been fined £250 which seems incredibly low. A local business person could cover that without even noticing it.

I guess it's an extra home match to play for Newcastle, and a chance for more people to see them as interest continues to grow, but seems Halifax got off very lightly. It would be pretty ironic if that one ended being played at SJP.

Edited by Paullow

Just taken the lead on the hour against fellow high flyers Forest at the City Ground, Elson. Just following updates as don't think there is a stream - sounded like Forest just about had the better of the first half, but Newcastle were knocking on the door early in the second.

42 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

Looking at the table just now and after nine games played they've conceded one (1) goal against.

Preeeeetty preeettty good

Didn't realise that. The table I always look at never has F or A just GD:

https://fulltime.thefa.com/index.html?league=872938

But aye, 8 clean sheets in 9, and the only goal conceded was against Stoke in a 3-1 win (was 2-0 at the time of conceding). Good going.