Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

:lol:

No, I go because it's fucking class and there's a refreshingly small amount of bullshit surrounding the women's game :)

Edited by OpenC

1 minute ago, OpenC said:

No, I go because it's fucking class and there's a refreshingly small amount of bullshit surrounding the women's game :)

As the women’s game grows the bullshit will follow.

literally the only thing that bothers me is the stadium announcer insisting on giving the team again over the end of Local Hero :lol:

Edited by OpenC

Just now, FloydianMag said:

No doubt, so I'm delighted to be one of the people who can rattle on in the future about how it didn't used to be this way :lol: you can sense the women's game taking off at the minute, imo. I hope Newcastle make it before FFP starts protecting another big four or six

3 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

The sky bullshit is already mental. It's possible to respect their side of the sport without ramming it at you. To be honest I occasionally watch games and keepers aside it's no worse than some lower league games 

Looked like an epic diving stop from the much criticised Grace Donnelly today btw, not sure if anyone spotted it or can confirm. I was behind the other goal but it appeared quite the save.

Edited by OpenC

5 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Looked like an epic diving stop from the much criticised Grace Donnelly today btw, not sure if anyone spotted it or can confirm. I was behind the other goal but it appeared quite the save.

She made two great saves at both 2-0 and 2-1 and got close to saving the penalty. Would say she did her job well today.

Looked like she got a hand to the penalty but I couldn't tell from where I was, definitely looked like it hadn't gone in cleanly though

Edited by OpenC

She definitely got a bit of her hand on the ball, I was about to celebrate the save but the pace of the shot was a bit too much unfortunately.

Edited by Sifu

5 hours ago, OpenC said:

Well she's the reason I'd go. I think I'm in love.

Screenshot_2024-02-18-23-55-49-950~2.jpeg

Edited by BonesJones

3 hours ago, Stifler said:

Just for the record, the father of one of the players is in here, please be respectful, and try not to act like you’re going to be outed on the NUFC creeps Twitter page.

What's the username of said poster?

1 minute ago, JonBez comesock said:

Daisy is going on loan to Middlesbrough until the end of the season.

Hopefully get some playing time and more experience. 

Training with both Newcastle and Boro.

I thought that she was a first team starter?

Could do with keeping some defenders around like - we're starting to feel a bit light in that department.  I'm not sure what happened to Olivia Watt yesterday but she's potentially another one down.  Looked to be feeling the hamstring, I hope she wasn't like

Edited by OpenC

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

I thought that she was a first team starter?

She was last season 

Started every game at Right Back

Changed system this season and brought in about 14 New players , all with a lot more experience.

To be honest I don’t think any of them in her position are any better , however I am biased.

The loan will do her good. 

Still only 18 so lots to learn.