Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

20 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

Halifax and Hashtag United :lol: 

Christ, i've followed Hashtag for years, never thought i'd see a day when a team of theirs would come up against Newcastle :lol: 

16 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Great that, properly enjoyed it. They were more nervous than usual but all good in the end. Potts and Barker the standouts for me

Potts with almighty challenge(s), at the end, almost certainly preventing goal scoring opportunities. Though Portsmouth's passing past / around players was good. They were, largely, (except in the first few minutes) prevented from gaining anything from this.

Was praying for KB to get in ... but her cross for the second one was class (as was the cross into her).

Edited by Cclay

Fun game, got to watch most of it this morning as the babies actually slept a little bit. Thought we looked nervous in the first fifteen or so, but really good the rest of the way. It's funny after our goal they always looked like scoring, just had that weird feel where you know one is going in. Great to see the response late in the game though, just relentless.

Looking forward to the final, really hoping it's on YouTube as well.

First time ive been able to watch them live this season, and the the standard is so much better than last season!

Couple of observations -

Should have had the game wrapped up by half time!

Our keeper made a great save just before half time, that shows the difference it makes having an actual goalkeeper coach at the club (which is extremely rare in the women's game outside of the WSL).

We need to learn some game management, 7 minutes added on after we scored, and not once did we take it to the corner, which allowed them a couple of chances to equalise.

As someone else has already said, the final being in Luton is absolutely ridiculous!

Great result though, and you could see what the occasion meant to the players

On 24/02/2024 at 17:42, christ said:

Taking the daughter tomorrow. Her only previous matchday experience she burst into tears when we scored because of the noise. Hoping that the lasses game is a bit more sedate.

Delighted to report she had a mint time. Massive smiles at the end when we got the winner. I get the feeling we’ll definitely be back.

My first time going to see a lasses match. The entire atmosphere around the game is really refreshing. Just relentless positivity and everyone having a nice time.