Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

Live scores are on Bet365, so saves going on various twitter accounts, but still 3-0. Forest and Burnley have both scored at pretty much the same time and lead 1-0 after 74 mins, but obviously if we keep winning then it won't matter what those do.

4-1 win. Stoke pulled it back to 3-1, but Galloway added a 4th a few mins later.

Forest won 3-0, Burnley won 2-0, so as you were in that respect, but one less fixture to go.

image.thumb.png.942c9f1842644df8c7b4ff1f4e8b4b8d.png

Remaining fixtures:

10/3 - Stourbridge (A) - reverse fixture 5-0 win

17/3 - Wolves (A) - reverse fixture 3-0 win

24/3*

31/3 - Liverpool Feds (H) - reverse fixture 4-0 win

14/4 - Huddersfield (H) - reverse fixture 4-0 win

21/4 - Halifax (A) - reverse fixture 7-0 win

5/5 - WBA (A) - reverse fixture 1-0 win

*League Cup final vs Hashtag United.

If nobody drops points we will be champions away to Halifax but with any luck Burnley and Forest will drop points and we will win the league at home to Huddersfield. Would love to win it at home and have Kingston Park bouncing. Wolves away could be tricky but the lasses are really up for it now.

Just now, Nucasol said:

Do Forest and Burnley play each other before the end of the season? Just thinking a draw could provide even more breathing room.

No, Forest beat them just the other week., and Burnley won their first match.

Forest's hardest matches look Wolves (A) next week, and their derby with Derby (A) at the end of the month. Burnley have 9 matches left, so could maybe catch up with them if they have to play midweek, but their fixtures look quite straightforward.

Leicester currently playing Chelsea (7th against 2nd) in the WSL at the King Power stadium and there looks like about 5000 or so in attendance. Puts some perspective on the 2000 a week in the 3rd tier and the 20 odd thousand at SJP we attract.

Even Manchester City are only bringing in slightly higher numbers than us. Arsenal way out ahead in average attendance last time I looked, they must play a few at the Emirates or have regular access to a big stadium

6 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Even Manchester City are only bringing in slightly higher numbers than us. Arsenal way out ahead in average attendance last time I looked, they must play a few at the Emirates or have regular access to a big stadium

They sold out the Emirates today according to talksport, it was the largest football crowd today.

15 minutes ago, Sima said:

What are the comparative ticket prices for the lower attendances? I’d imagine that plays a significant part.

I'm not sure it's massively more. Friend of mine is going to the Manchester derby at the Etihad and I'm sure she said she paid £34 for two tickets.

8 minutes ago, pubteam said:

They sold out the Emirates today according to talksport, it was the largest football crowd today.

60K today. I saw half of them on the Tube. They had slightly more against Man U earlier in the season at the Emirates.

That said, I believe they do a package pre-season for Emirates games. You pay £50 for five games at the beginning of the season. Half price or thereabouts for kids. Sold out obviously doesn’t mean they’re all there. Interesting though. Good opportunity to see football at a big stadium for a cheap price.

11 minutes ago, pubteam said:

They've averaged 35k this season, with half their games being at the Emirates and half at Borehamwood. They're strides ahead of all other women's teams when it comes to attendances.

I think they've sold out hospitality at the Emirates for the last 2 games too, which as we all know Is where the money us!!

1 minute ago, iklgizmo said:

They've averaged 35k this season, with half their games being at the Emirates and half at Borehamwood. They're strides ahead of all other women's teams when it comes to attendances.

I think they've sold out hospitality at the Emirates for the last 2 games too, which as we all know Is where the money us!!

Yeah, I just checked and the price for five Emirates games at “Club Level” is £150. If I didn’t have to factor in the cost of a frontal lobotomy I’d be tempted. Again, no idea how many people actually go to the games though.

Edited by leffe186

3 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I'm not sure it's massively more. Friend of mine is going to the Manchester derby at the Etihad and I'm sure she said she paid £34 for two tickets.

I went to the Manchester women's Derby at the etihad last season. Decided to treat ourselves and got to experience 'the tunnel club' for £105 each!! 

Booked a hotel in Luton rather than facing the drive there and back in a day. Of all the places I never expected to be spending a night, Luton was pretty high on the list :lol: but solves my car parking dilemma as well, long as I can park early

Edited by OpenC

I was introduced to the Busway when we played at Luton in December.  It is a bus that comes off the road and then goes on to a tram line.  Stops outside the ground.  Once it is on the tramline, it is really quick and I think I paid £2.20 one way.  If parking near the ground proves difficult as I was told it would be (albeit that was for a first team game) then parking near the busway might be an option.  Got away pretty quickly after the game as well.

No, they've just got two home games left this season. If they're going to win it would be nice to do it in front of a big crowd I guess, so might be considered

2 hours ago, OpenC said:

Booked a hotel in Luton rather than facing the drive there and back in a day. Of all the places I never expected to be spending a night, Luton was pretty high on the list :lol: but solves my car parking dilemma as well, long as I can park early

Car parking is something I hadn't considered. Save me doing my own research, what is the deal? 😅 We'll be driving on the day but I don't mind getting there plenty early.

Edit, overcoming my own laziness, there is useful information here: https://www.awaygames.co.uk/away-day-guides/luton-town-away/#1467752466853-8bcf3018-3343

Edited by Dr. TC

I searched online for parking and paid £8.25 to park at Sainsbury's 4 minutes from Kenilworth road. I may have been scammed but won't know till I get there.

Your parking space.co.uk

Never used them before 

There's a fine looking country road just a bit south of the stadium which is where I was considering abandoning mine :)

Looks like it's a popular choice Screenshot_20240303-210324.thumb.png.23ef134836c43bee9df79be461d28841.png

Edited by OpenC

4 minutes ago, OpenC said:

There's a fine looking country road just a bit south of the stadium which is where I was considering abandoning mine :)

For the our game there in December @LFEE found some street parking about a 15 minute walk from the ground.

Not sure if he can remember exactly where it was?

32 minutes ago, Dr. TC said:

Car parking is something I hadn't considered. Save me doing my own research, what is the deal? 😅 We'll be driving on the day but I don't mind getting there plenty early.

Edit, overcoming my own laziness, there is useful information here: https://www.awaygames.co.uk/away-day-guides/luton-town-away/#1467752466853-8bcf3018-3343

I hadn't come up with a better solution than the Sainsbury one until I booked the hotel :) Hotel has parking but I can't check in until 2, hopefully I can leave my car earlier than that