Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

Has the club not offered any travel packages for this fixture?

I got something about a station to ground shuttle bus service but that was it. Weird the way it's been handled, opening a bit of new stand but away from the rest of the fans and with the opposition fans in between. Can only assume that Luton didn't want to have to open more seats than the main stand if they could help it. Based on the stand capacity being about 4.5k (I think I read) looks like we'll account for about 2k and there will be a lot of empty seats where the hashtag fans are.

1 hour ago, Miercoles said:

Yeah I'm wondering if they're waiting until the last minute to announce streams in the hopes that more people will attend the match.

Not planning to fly out from California for this one myself, though.

Pffft, fairweather fans...

15 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I got something about a station to ground shuttle bus service but that was it. Weird the way it's been handled, opening a bit of new stand but away from the rest of the fans and with the opposition fans in between. Can only assume that Luton didn't want to have to open more seats than the main stand if they could help it. Based on the stand capacity being about 4.5k (I think I read) looks like we'll account for about 2k and there will be a lot of empty seats where the hashtag fans are.

Missed opportunity I feel. Club could’ve tested the waters with one or two coaches at a sensible price.

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Missed opportunity I feel. Club could’ve tested the waters with one or two coaches at a sensible price.

Aye, would tend to agree. Amanda Staveley has got a lot to say about the women's team and seems to be there for the games more often than not, it's a shame they couldn't do something particularly given the difficulty of the location and the fact that the trains are off (I think). Maybe Luton told them they didn't want a big event.

1 hour ago, OpenC said:

Aye, would tend to agree. Amanda Staveley has got a lot to say about the women's team and seems to be there for the games more often than not, it's a shame they couldn't do something particularly given the difficulty of the location and the fact that the trains are off (I think). Maybe Luton told them they didn't want a big event.

I asked the same question the other week because my mam wants to go but she isn't confident enough to drive so would need someone to go with her, and she asked if there were official busses as she would've bought a ticket without hesitation.

She's putting the guilt trip on me to drive her down now [emoji38]

13 hours ago, OpenC said:

FA Player is what the Manchester United was on. Had a cast option but could I fuck get it to cast.

Yeah mine wouldnt either, the player kept logging off but have it on iptv anyway s will definitely watch

22 hours ago, NE27 said:

I asked the same question the other week because my mam wants to go but she isn't confident enough to drive so would need someone to go with her, and she asked if there were official busses as she would've bought a ticket without hesitation.

She's putting the guilt trip on me to drive her down now [emoji38]

Drive her down mate, enjoy it.

My mam and my stepdad can’t do it anymore, and my dad has no interest in football.

Nice one :) shame that as usual the telly gantry appears to be in the same stand as the fans so it will create the illusion of there being nobody there

50 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Nice one :) shame that as usual the telly gantry appears to be in the same stand as the fans so it will create the illusion of there being nobody there

Yep. Whoever is promoting this game has given very little thought to if that is the case. Along with location and transport.

10 hours ago, LFEE said:

Yep. Whoever is promoting this game has given very little thought to if that is the case. Along with location and transport.

In all fairness, I don’t think they expected such a large following from our team. Ordinarily a generic 10k capacity stadium would have been decent for a women’s game consisting of teams from the 3rd division.

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

In all fairness, I don’t think they expected such a large following from our team. Ordinarily a generic 10k capacity stadium would have been decent for a women’s game consisting of teams from the 3rd division.

Where are Hashtag based out of interest?

37 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Where are Hashtag based out of interest?

Think they’re currently playing home games at Aveley FC