The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

3 minutes ago, LV said:

You don’t even think they’d try?

Like I said, naïve. 

No I don't because it will cost them millions in legal fees for a start. Never going to happen otherwise the takeover wouldn't have happened in the first place. There is only one person being naive here and it's certainly not me.  

Edited by et tu brute

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

I wouldn’t vote 10. Why would I be 100% certain of ASM scoring 10 goals?

I’d probably vote 2. Which allows for the slight possibility of it happening.

So in comparison, a 9 in this poll? (I obviously worded it the wrong way round :lol:)

1 minute ago, Karjala said:

And didn't.

But to say that we don't look capable of winning games is clearly bollocks though. Massive difference between us this season and Sheffield United last season for example, who yo until they played us didn't look close to winning a game. We're not getting battered like most teams would be after 0 wins from 14 games, we've been very close to winning a fair few games. 

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

No I don't because it will cost them millions in legal fees for a start. Never going to happen otherwise the takeover wouldn't have happened in the first place. There is only one person being naive here and it's certainly not me.  

100% they will try to stop it with another bite at the cherry.

100% 

Im not saying it will 100% succeed but they will try therefore relegation is a massive risk.

And if they can’t stop it they will try to hamstring as much revenue generation and spending by us as they can. 

It’s naïve to think otherwise. The evidence is literally there in front of you. The big 6 were spewing about not being informed of our takeover and now they’ve voted to curtail any sponsorship deals by related companies. The evidence is literally there. 

Guest neesy111

I'm absolutely sure Bruce and Ashley did some deal with the devil to make us stay up for 2 years despite having no organisation at all as a team.

6 minutes ago, midds said:

This relegation has been in the post for 2 years. Either spend £150m+ in Jan on 6 quality players or go down. This squad is rancid and Howe won't prevent it without a huge injection of cash. 

Said it in the match thread, but Bruce used up a decades worth of luck in his two full seasons here. We're a better team now compared to the majority of his time here, yet the results are way worse. 

Just as an example, that 2-2 draw away at Everton when we scored twice in injury time after the game had been done for about half an hour, that sort of luck is what we could do with at the moment, but we're on the other side of it now. 

1 minute ago, midds said:

This relegation has been in the post for 2 years. Either spend £150m+ in Jan on 6 quality players or go down. This squad is rancid and Howe won't prevent it without a huge injection of cash. 

Problem I think they will have is getting those quality players on permanent transfers, due to the position we will be in. Honestly think the loan market will be our most likely way of getting players in. I can also see a long transfer window as it will be a struggle attracting players of the quality required. 

7 minutes ago, LV said:

100% they will try to stop it with another bite at the cherry.

100% 

Im not saying it will 100% succeed but they will try therefore relegation is a massive risk.

And if they can’t stop it they will try to hamstring as much revenue generation and spending by us as they can. 

It’s naïve to think otherwise. The evidence is literally there in front of you. The big 6 were spewing about not being informed of our takeover and now they’ve voted to curtail any sponsorship deals by related companies. The evidence is literally there. 

100%, you're talking shit. And I will bookmark this post for when/if it happens. Never going to happen.

Just now, et tu brute said:

Problem I think they will have is getting those quality players on permanent transfers, due to the position we will be in. Honestly think the loan market will be our most likely way of getting players in. I can also see a long transfer window as it will be a struggle attracting players of the quality required. 

No way are we signing any quality permanent players. Its loans all the way in January as it should be. Imagine Coutinho on £200k per week in championship on permanent contract FFS.

Just now, et tu brute said:

100%, you're talking shit. And I will bookmark this post for when/if it happens. Never going to happen.

Triggered.

But yeah bookmark it by all means. I think most people will agree that they will try to prevent us coming back up if they can find a way.