The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

4 minutes ago, Decky said:

Aye course I am. I wish I was as deluded as you, life would be a lot easier. 

Deluded is thinking it's certain or impossible. Realistic is thinking it's very likely but not a certainty. If the doomers in here were Watford fans they'd all have us going on massive winning streaks after January.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

3 minutes ago, 1892er said:

Call it defeatism or reactionary, pathetic or whatever, I'm just curious on how people think we are going to do something that no other team has managed to do since the early 90s to avoid relegation? Genuine question?

Relentless new manager, fantastic new signings and a change of luck.

1 minute ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I was making the point that people massively overestimated Fulham, people had them winning loads, while underestimated us. Cos people in here always wank themselves over being the most pessimistic in the hope that at some point they'll be right and can say 'see, I was right, it was *certain*'

I’m just arguing with everyone mate. Even those who agree with me. I’m just pleased to be passionate about the club again.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Can you not explain the odds then?

Why does nobody else think we’re certain for relegation like you said they would? 

Have a cup of tea and calm down. Come back on here in a couple of weeks and you’ll not need to get so worked up.

The odds are probably giving us the chance that we'll throw money about in January but I think it'll be too late then. Our games following Burnley and into the transfer window are probably the worst run of games you could ask for with the exception of Chelsea not being in there. I don't see how this group of players are going to picking points up in that run in based on the previous 14 games, they're just not good enough. We'll just have to wait and see, I obviously hope I'm wrong. 

I don't mean to be spreading misery, I think going all doomy in here is more collective therapy and trying to come to terms with it. I do think somes optimism is kinda mad but I do hope they are right. I am not trying to rub anyones face in it and I am not trying to prove i am right, I have been wrong plenty of times before. It's December tomorrow and we have 7 points and have yet to win a game. I don't know how anyone thinks this is fine mind but hey ho. 

Funny how worked up people get in this thread. Either way until the end of the season it's just opinions. Some have 1, some have 10 as usual the truth is somewhere in between but the thread is always going to be reactionary. The whole forum is when a game is on and after it. 

3 minutes ago, 1892er said:

Call it defeatism or reactionary, pathetic or whatever, I'm just curious on how people think we are going to something that no other team has managed to do since the early 90s to avoid relegation? Genuine question?

Our previous manager was actively trying to get sacked and out new one has had some rotten luck and we're the richest club in the world. Nothing about our situation has ever happened before. 

It's not like we're not even looking like winning games as well, we've been very close a fair few times this season. 

It's going to be very, very tough, but we're far from done. 

Just now, Decky said:

The odds are probably giving us the chance that we'll throw money about in January but I think it'll be too late then. Our games following Burnley and into the transfer window are probably the worst run of games you could ask for with the exception of Chelsea not being in there. I don't see how this group of players are going to picking points up in that run in based on the previous 14 games, they're just not good enough. We'll just have to wait and see, I obviously hope I'm wrong. 

Everyone has to play everyone twice.

We also have a really decent run of games from the New Year onward.

12 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

That was before we played 2 newly promoted teams at home and getting only two points. 7 points from 14 games, 0 wins, 30 goals conceded and no sign whatsoever that this defence is going to stop conceding goals.

Edited by et tu brute

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Can you not explain the odds then?

Why does nobody else think we’re certain for relegation like you said they would? 

Have a cup of tea and calm down. Come back on here in a couple of weeks and you’ll not need to get so worked up.

We’re 2nd favourites for relegation in a league where 3 teams go down. What are the odds actually proving here? That we’ll finish higher than Norwich?

Just now, Shearergol said:

We’re 2nd favourites for relegation in a league where 3 teams go down. What are the odds actually proving here? That we’ll finish higher than Norwich?

The comment Decky made was everyone would have us as absolute certainties to go down.

Clearly not. Otherwise we’d be 1/5 or 1/10 or something.

We’re one of the favourites to go down, but it’s quite clear to most people that we’ve got every chance of survival.

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Funny how worked up people get in this thread. Either way until the end of the season it's just opinions. Some have 1, some have 10 as usual the truth is somewhere in between but the thread is always going to be reactionary. The whole forum is when a game is on and after it. 

True, but no one has voted 0 and sworn blind that there is absolutely no chance of being relegated.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

The comment Decky made was everyone would have us as absolute certainties to go down.

Clearly not. Otherwise we’d be 1/5 or 1/10 or something.

We’re one of the favourites to go down, but it’s quite clear to most people that we’ve got every chance of survival.

I’d say we’ve got an extremely slim chance of staying up, especially when Leeds score this penalty. I’m at a 9.

7. Cos it's not even December. 

Sunderland were 7 points adrift that season with 6 games left, most of them nightmare fixtures. We're 6 off with 24 games left, a new manager, a new positivity, everyone pulling in the same direction, and money to spend in January. 

We might go down, we might not. The only thing that's certain is that nowt is certain yet. 

Anyone saying 10 or whatever is daft / hysterical / a lifelong inhabitant of Planet Soft Cunt. You'd think a lifetime supporting this basket case club might toughen you up a bit. 

Just now, Decky said:

Leeds penalty in stoppage time ffs. 

Doesn't matter, we just need to focus on ourselves. 24 games left.  I've seen plenty in the last 2 home games even with this side whilst it goes from a couple of hours training a week to actual premier league level training that we will be fine.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I’d say we’ve got an extremely slim chance of staying up, especially when Leeds score this penalty. I’m at a 9.

That’s fine. But it’s not reflective of what the lay person thinks.

Which is completely against the point Decky made, which was what we were talking about.

I’d say we will possibly go down, but we’ve still got every chance. A very long way to go yet.