Newcastle United 0 - 4 Manchester City (19/12/2021)

Yorkie

Guest neesy111
Just now, KaKa said:

In a way I am glad at how badly exposed these defenders have been in the lead up to January.

I genuinely think we need a minimum of four new defenders next month. None of the bunch we have right now should be anymore than backups the remainder of the season.

This CB pairing is literally the worst.

27 minutes ago, KaKa said:

So watching this game you think our defence and structure has looked disorganised?

I think we are setup very well and look a solid unit, but we just lack quality good enough against these better teams particularly.

I'm seeing improvements and they will continue to come.

I didn't say we weren't improving in our general play. But our defence is awful and sadly it isn't improving since he arrived. It is 0-3 at the point of me typing this, and will probably be more before the final whistle.

Just now, hakka said:

How the fuck did we stay up last two seasons. These players have seriously regressed to the point where it looks like majority of them should never play at this level again.

We got lucky with COVID. Without that short period where the players were training themselves we would have been screwed.

Just now, KaKa said:

In a way I am glad at how badly exposed these defenders have been in the lead up to January.

I genuinely think we need a minimum of four new defenders next month. None of the bunch we have right now should be anymore than backups the remainder of the season.

4 defenders, a goalkeeper, a proper midfielder and another forward as Wilson is due an injury soon 

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Nah. If Dubravka is yelling agree, but a defender got to fire that away.

That's the thing I don't know. What was the communication. I'd prefer the keeper just take charge there which would include letting Clark know to get out of the way.

2 minutes ago, hakka said:

How the fuck did we stay up last two seasons. These players have seriously regressed to the point where it looks like majority of them should never play at this level again.

Sheer luck. We were fucking abysmal tbh. 

Just now, andyman said:

Our defenders shouldn't need a babysitter in goal. They need to do their jobs. They're grown up, they're being paid too much and they have a responsibility to show some respect for our fans by doing their absoute best.

The problem is that fucking Clark makes it look like he is going to head it, and ofc Dubs will think he is going to head it, then he pulls out so Dubs is stranded and a goal against it is. If people cant see this, they cant have played any football.

Our squad showing he much we overrated them under Bruce. Under Rafa and Howe it’s a ‘Championship squad’. Under Bruce some were saying it was midtable material (and it was in the end). We overachieved so it’s no surprise Bruce had his support. 

Edited by St. Maximin

Guest neesy111
Just now, SUPERTOON said:

We look worse defending now than ever before, was always the risk given how bad Howes Bournemouth side defended as well.

We defended like this earlier in the season under Bruce.

Spurs at home was probably the worst I've seen.

1 minute ago, worthy said:

The problem is that fucking Clark makes it look like he is going to head it, and ofc Dubs will think he is going to head it, then he pulls out so Dubs is stranded and a goal against it is. If people cant see this, they cant have played any football.

I think that might be a fair interpretation, I only played midfield for half a season when I was 10 so I resemble your last remark.

Much of our squad as allowed a losing mentality to become ingrained - led by our captain. Needs a proper clean-out regardless of staying up or not.

You could also argue there is also a lack of real professionalism at the club.

Edited by Big Geordie

Just now, Klaus said:

I didn't say we weren't improving in our general play. But our defence is awful and sadly it isn't improving since he arrived. It is 0-3 at the point of me typing this, and will probably be more before the final whistle.

I think with the way the team is going to be playing now the defence was always going to suffer more against the better teams especially. They have become lazy and ineffective, as they have grown used to sitting deep and having the whole team camped out in the box with them to defend against teams.

I think Howe has just about figured out the midfield now, which is going to help things a lot. Once we start facing the teams in and around mid to lower table we'll really begin to see a lot better performances and results.

3 minutes ago, worthy said:

That is exactly what I am trying to say as well, mate. Clark is a real big problem for us.