Realistic Transfer Targets (2024/25)

joeyt

30 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

He certainly does although I doubt we'll be in for him. 

Are Leeds in bother now financially?

(Apparently) Leeds need to sell £76m of players this summer, with them owing £190m to other clubs in total. 

For a championship club, that's a noose.

Posted (edited)

They had a mid-table budget last season in the Premier League and allowed a newly-promoted League 1 club to pip them. Only themselves to blame for massively underperforming.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They had a mid-table budget last season in the Premier League and allowed a newly-promoted League 1 club to pip them. Only themselves to blame for massively underperforming.

They're the first club to get 90+ points and not get promoted. Shows how brilliant Ipswich and McKenna did

1 hour ago, frankpingel said:

He certainly does although I doubt we'll be in for him. 

We've been linked consistently with him since I think last summer, so wouldn't be too surprised to see it happen.

Woke up feeling really excited about this transfer window. Whilst lots of disappointment last season, none of which is worth rehashing, I do think a potential positive outcome is the glaring necessity to stretch the PSR limits, move out the nonessential, unreliable, or past peak players, and give ourselves a chance of building on the improvements made in the last 2.5 seasons. 
I hope we do get some business done early, including outgoings and perhaps save an unexpected big signing until the 11th hour. 

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Woke up feeling really excited about this transfer window. Whilst lots of disappointment last season, none of which is worth rehashing, I do think a potential positive outcome is the glaring necessity to stretch the PSR limits, move out the nonessential, unreliable, or past peak players, and give ourselves a chance of building on the improvements made in the last 2.5 seasons. 
I hope we do get some business done early, including outgoings and perhaps save an unexpected big signing until the 11th hour. 

We have done that since they bought us

7 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Other than free transfers, I wouldn’t expect any early business tbh. The whole PSR deadline and the euros will make most clubs do business later imo.

While we're hoovering up PL free defenders, Ben Johnson from West Ham maybe? Good age, can play both full-back positions, would allow us to make some cash on Trippier for FFP reason and provide cover for Tino and Hall.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

While we're hoovering up PL free defenders, Ben Johnson from West Ham maybe? Good age, can play both full-back positions, would allow us to make some cash on Trippier for FFP reason and provide cover for Tino and Hall.

He feels like one of those destined for the Championship or someone like Everton. Alot of years at West Ham and has never held his spot down for a prolonged period of time. Still only 24 but I think there's better out there even for free.

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If it wasn't for FFP I wouldn't even be considering it. Just probably going to be the last chance to make anything on Trippier and would be some sort of cover aside from Krafth. 

Honestly it looks like his legs have gone - will never forget what he did for the club, but top clubs are ruthless. Take him out to pasture in Saudi Arabia, let him get a sizable pay day, and move forward with Tino, and collect ~8-10 million in the process for PSR.

2 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Honestly it looks like his legs have gone - will never forget what he did for the club, but top clubs are ruthless. Take him out to pasture in Saudi Arabia, let him get a sizable pay day, and move forward with Tino, and collect ~8-10 million in the process for PSR.

There's no doubt he had a lengthy patch of lost form, for whatever reason, then got fucking injured. He's only just come back, is in the England squad and you're coming out with that drivel 

👀

It will be interesting to see how Southgate uses him this summer. Perhaps his performances for England might change a few minds one way or another. If he starts at LB and smashes it then who knows, but I could also easily see him dropping a stinker in the first group game and not being seen again.

Selling him might mean having to get another RB in, so it's not always so simple. 

6 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

There's no doubt he had a lengthy patch of lost form, for whatever reason, then got fucking injured. He's only just come back, is in the England squad and you're coming out with that drivel 

👀

It was Trippier or Lewis Hall, so that's not a great point of argument. He can still pass in the final third, but facing his own net, and defending on the ball, and off the ball, he's been nothing short of a disaster all season long. He'll be 34 in September, and no one defeats father time.

4 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

It will be interesting to see how Southgate uses him this summer. Perhaps his performances for England might change a few minds one way or another. If he starts at LB and smashes it then who knows, but I could also easily see him dropping a stinker in the first group game and not being seen again.

Selling him might mean having to get another RB in, so it's not always so simple. 

Given the PSR landscape and our limitations within it I can understood people musing about comings and goings but to suggest "his legs have gone" is both hilarious and embarrassing in equal measure

1 minute ago, Novocastrian said:

If Leeds are having a fire sale would anyone consider Meslier? He’s been one of the most highly rated young keepers for a few seasons.

Not for me, looks awful every time I see him.