Zinchenko

Bissouma

Raul Jimenez

Dennis

Sarr

Gallagher

Tony

Diaz (Blackburn)

(Disclaimer: just throwing these names out there as options, by no means suggesting Tarkowski over Botman for example)

From this list Rafinha and Gallagher are the players I'd go, specially Gallegher,  like Sarr too. If Rafinha is not possible I'd go for Antony.

I quite like Zouma as a defender too, but after he kicked that cat I imagine he's being cancelled. 

Outside the EPL if I were  Howe i'd go for Gianluca Mancini as a CB and CDM (plays both) or to Florian Grillitsch as a CDM and i'd also check Altay Bayindir to replace Dubravka as well.

Lodi as a LB would be a dream, having Bruno and Lodi on the same team would mean you'd have 2 amazing players who know each other well on the pitch and are best friends too your squad, so the probability of both playing amazingly well would only increase.

Other players I'd look into are Ceballos, Josep Aidoo (CB from Vigo),  Tino Livramento (promissing RB, playing for Southampton), and Adeyemi from Salzburg.    Caio Henrique (LB)  and Calum Chambers would be recomendations too, but they were just transfered. 

Edited by JNK

Think there is great room for improvement if we stay up in the summer and will definitely be exciting. Got a list of players I’d like us to sign or think we should go after, not saying any will happen but would be nice if they did.

GK - Oblak I liked that shout from someone earlier.

Livakovic he’s been touted as a top young prospect for years but stayed at Zagreb could be a good opportunity to persuade him to move and fight it out with Dubs.

CB - Would still love for us to go after Diego Carlos and Botman in the summer nothing much needs said on them. Would like to see another possible one like Tarkowski but not much need if we get the above 2.

Would quite like to invest in youth here with Levi Colwill from Chelsea being a purchase that he could be a Lamptey already made Prem player in Chelsea reserves.

Another is Ronnie Edwards from Peterborough who’s started 17 games in the championship for them at 18.

RB and LB - Calvin Ramsay from Aberdeen is 18 and really excelling for a poor Aberdeen team this season he’s there shining light one for the future to take over from Trips…

Renan Lodi would be a great acquisition at left back played in Simeones team and will be pretty similar to Trips with the fight and dig, helps Bruno settle too. Wouldn’t mind going back in to look at Bakker or Targett permanently.

CM - Crucial part of the team so another superstar is needed. Fabian from Napoli playing at the top level in football left sided of the 3 slots in perfectly and good going forward.

Florian Grillitsch, can play in multiple positions but best at DM out of contract in the summer, also like Boubacar Kamara or Tolisso for here.
Another attacking midfielder is Lucas Pacqueta pretty self explanatory he’s an excellent player and will link

up with Bruno, can also play further forward and out wide.

Arsen Zakharyan tremendous Russian talent at 18 and could be a real find, 17 games and 4 goals for Dinamo Moscow this season.

Wide Areas - Brennan Johnson and Chris Willock. Both having tremendous Champ seasons and would make the step up on current form, either one of those would be great and HG, I’d side with Johnson on age but Willock has Joe here too.

Jesse Lingard well known and available for free in the summer.

Christopher Nkunku my top target for the summer simples can play anywhere from CM to ST and Wide.

ST - Jonathan David flying for Lille this season and second half of last season, amazing for Canada too, he’d be my number 1.

Darwin Nunez another top striker but not as great league and more of a risk for the money involved.

Osimhen really good player and we’ve already been linked but maybe too expensive for the fees being touted same for Isak.

Ekitike would be nice but better options out there he’d be one of my last targets.

Others may include, Jordan Veretout, Faustino Anjorin, Patrick Schick, Maxence Lacroix, Cole Palmer, Amadou Haidara, Ben Brereton and there’s a few exciting prospects at Derby that could be nicked off them. I’d like a lot of 16-19 year olds from domestic or foreign to be invested in and make us a real force for the seasons to come and these players possibly make the step up.

I think we'll see 4-3-3 next year.

I think we'll definitely be in for Botman.  I'd love to see Kamara.  I quite like Targett.  He's not flashy but is steady and balances offense/defense well.  We'll need a CF as well.  It also looks like they'll be looking at keepers too.

GK

Trippier       Lascelles     Botman  Targett

Kamara

Guimaraes     Willock

Fraser                                       ASM

CF

Krafth, Clark, Schar, Dummett, Hayden, Ritchie, Miggy, Darlow, Dubs will all be gone, maybe more.  Can't turn over the whole roster in two windows.

That would leave Woodman, Gillespie, Manquillo, Burn, Lewis, Longstaff, Shelvey, Murphy, Wilson, Wood, another CB, another wide player and some kids.

8 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

I think we'll see 4-3-3 next year.

I think we'll definitely be in for Botman.  I'd love to see Kamara.  I quite like Targett.  He's not flashy but is steady and balances offense/defense well.  We'll need a CF as well.  It also looks like they'll be looking at keepers too.

GK

Trippier       Lascelles     Botman  Targett

Kamara

Guimaraes     Willock

Fraser                                       ASM

CF

Krafth, Clark, Schar, Dummett, Hayden, Ritchie, Miggy, Darlow, Dubs will all be gone, maybe more.  Can't turn over the whole roster in two windows.

That would leave Woodman, Gillespie, Manquillo, Burn, Lewis, Longstaff, Shelvey, Murphy, Wilson, Wood, another CB, another wide player and some kids.

I’m hoping those in bold aren’t anywhere near the first-team and ideally we will move them on!

Just now, gazza ladra said:

Absolutely. Also I don't think Targett is Howe's long term choice. We'll buy an attacking LB in the summer.

Again I’d be happy if we went into next season with him as our starting LB, and I agree I think Howe would like a more attacking LB, but it’s encouraging that he has maybe identified that may not be the best for ASM long-term who for me needs a defensive full-back behind him. Unless we can find another Trippier for the left who can do both!

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

Again I’d be happy if we went into next season with him as our starting LB, and I agree I think Howe would like a more attacking LB, but it’s encouraging that he has maybe identified that may not be the best for ASM long-term who for me needs a defensive full-back behind him. Unless we can find another Trippier for the left who can do both!

Renan Lodi simples 

I'd love for us to try and get Brereten Diaz and Brennan Johnson if Blackburn and Forest fails to gain promotion this season. They are young and exciting prospects, have decent pace for some sexy Bruno through balls but doesn't seem to be speed merchants in that they have ability on the ball as well.

7 hours ago, Conjo said:

I'd love for us to try and get Brereten Diaz and Brennan Johnson if Blackburn and Forest fails to gain promotion this season. They are young and exciting prospects, have decent pace for some sexy Bruno through balls but doesn't seem to be speed merchants in that they have ability on the ball as well.

I've watched alot of Brennan Johnson due in part to living so close to Lincoln (where he was on loan for a season). There is no doubt he is talented, has pace and an eye for goal but I don't see us going for untested top level players. Brereton Diaz is more of an option because of how well he has done but on that same level surely Mitro would be a good buy as well. We know being decent or even outstanding in the Championship doesn't mean jack shit in the Premier League. 

20 hours ago, STM said:

Here's one... would you take Pickford? :lol:

100% yes. He’s still a good keeper, his Press Conference where he puts the stick he gets from the fans as ‘local banter’ would literally kill that lot who hate us. Majority of our fans wouldn’t be happy but I’d love it.

7 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I've watched alot of Brennan Johnson due in part to living so close to Lincoln (where he was on loan for a season). There is no doubt he is talented, has pace and an eye for goal but I don't see us going for untested top level players. Brereton Diaz is more of an option because of how well he has done but on that same level surely Mitro would be a good buy as well. We know being decent or even outstanding in the Championship doesn't mean jack shit in the Premier League. 

I sort of see what you mean. But Mitrovic is slow, 5 years older and has already had a few seasons in the prem where he has struggled. I think he is playing in a better team and all.  

Maybe he has improved and he will be a lot

better this time. Bur I think Brereton-Diaz is worth a punt. But I have a feeling they will be aiming higher if we stay up. 

21 hours ago, STM said:

Here's one... would you take Pickford? :lol:

No. Loses the plot too often, doesn’t inspire confidence with the defence and on set pieces and he seems to make howlers galore.

Pretty much always quality for England, mind. But I think the set up really suits him.  

12 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I sort of see what you mean. But Mitrovic is slow, 5 years older and has already had a few seasons in the prem where he has struggled. I think he is playing in a better team and all.  

Maybe he has improved and he will be a lot

better this time. Bur I think Brereton-Diaz is worth a punt. But I have a feeling they will be aiming higher if we stay up. 

I wasn't suggesting we bring in Mitro, he was just an example of  Championship players excelling at their correct level.

I do agree that we should almost certainly take a punt on a few lower league players from any country. Its less of a risk for us in reality as if we spend 30m on Diaz for example and he ends of being a bag of shit then he'll just hang around on the bench for a season or so and then someone like Everton or Cyrstal Palace will take him off our hands and we'll buy someone else. 

12 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

Read the Ayoze Perez thread, and I was struggling to think of a former player that I'd want back now. 

Merino seems to be the one. Contined to improve. Still only 25.

For 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 Merino is my ideal holder/DM. Can win headers which means Big Joe can get out of midfield (and the team), loves to free himself in tight spaces and make simple passes. He gives us Shelvey’s ability to switch play between fullbacks, with better running, and the ability to naturally get the ball into our dangerous left side of the team (Maxi<>Bruno).  

Please let it happen!

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

You want big Joe out of the team? He’s absolutely class 

Next year Big Joe can be on the bench. His best attributes are basically ball-winning. That’s fine in a team that can’t hold possession as it means we always need to retrieve the ball. But with a more capable team, I feel we only need 2 very good ball winners in the middle. Merino-Bruno would achieve that. Then we can have a more luxury progressive midfielder to join up with the attack taking on Willock’s role. Say Paqueta. 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

You want big Joe out of the team? He’s absolutely class 

The tackling stat that's been going around since the Everton game proves how valuable Joelinton is to us right now. I do think though that as with 90% of players here he is living on borrowed time. He'll outstay most because he has the ability to play in different positions and clearly has the passion for it but I don't see him being a guaranteed starter next season. 

Fair enough, personally I think there’s a place in the side for him for the next few years. He’s an enforcer and comes out with the ball in almost all his 50-50s, his distribution is also excellent. I think he’s got room to develop even more and although there are few signs of him improving in front of goal, he keeps getting a lot of opportunities and if he can get past a mental block I think he can start chipping in with more goals 

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

I wasn't suggesting we bring in Mitro, he was just an example of  Championship players excelling at their correct level.

I do agree that we should almost certainly take a punt on a few lower league players from any country. Its less of a risk for us in reality as if we spend 30m on Diaz for example and he ends of being a bag of shit then he'll just hang around on the bench for a season or so and then someone like Everton or Cyrstal Palace will take him off our hands and we'll buy someone else. 

I wasn’t suggesting that you were suggesting that :lol: merely looking at the differences between the players. I didn’t really think it was a fair like for like comparison. 

Striker is the key signing in the summer. If we are going to make a statement, the Nº9 is where it should be. Nuñez, Schick, Vlahovic, Haaland, Mbappe... We can dream for real!!:indi::footy:

A couple of wingers/wide forwards plus central defender/s and left back and we will improve dramatically.

28 minutes ago, buzza said:

Striker is the key signing in the summer. If we are going to make a statement, the Nº9 is where it should be. Nuñez, Schick, Vlahovic, Haaland, Mbappe... We can dream for real!!:indi::footy:

A couple of wingers/wide forwards plus central defender/s and left back and we will improve dramatically.

Starts with a couple of realistic names. Then someone that has just signed for Juve. Then just madness :lol: