Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

Just watching MOTD and realised that the young goalie at Burnley, Trafford is not playing at the minute.

I know he looked shell-shocked half way through the season but he looked great in  the under 21's in the summer.

If Burnley go down they might need a few quid and he would make an excellent back up to Pope with a view to taking over in a season or two, he knows our young English lads which would help.

I think they paid about £15m for him, if we could get him for around that it would be money well spent and squad player type money.

Just now, MagMal said:

Just watching MOTD and realised that the young goalie at Burnley, Trafford is not playing at the minute.

I know he looked shell-shocked half way through the season but he looked great in  the under 21's in the summer.

If Burnley go down they might need a few quid and he would make an excellent back up to Pope with a view to taking over in a season or two, he knows our young English lads which would help.

I think they paid about £15m for him, if we could get him for around that it would be money well spent and squad player type money.

I'd take a punt like. Ramsdale, Pickford and one or two others had similar seasons in relegation fodder. That's if we're confident Pope's shoulder is okay and can go for another 2-3 years as number 1.

If not, I think we need someone proven who can go straight in. 

14 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'd take a punt like. Ramsdale, Pickford and one or two others had similar seasons in relegation fodder. That's if we're confident Pope's shoulder is okay and can go for another 2-3 years as number 1.

I would imagine we will know mid-friendlys in the summer if Pope's should is up to it, if not we might see a scramble towards the end of the transfer window for a more experienced keeper but all the other clubs will have bedded in their squad by then so could be a bit of a gamble and we might not get anyone decent.

With the two back up keepers on their way in the summer then this could be a problem position if Pope doesn't make a full recovery.

No doubt the club are already on it now that we have professionals in charge.

14 hours ago, joeyt said:

Thought Arblaster for Sheff Utd today looked a good prospect

Aye, club captain as well, he's only 20 

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Pretty sure Ramsdale and Pickford looked good for their teams during relegation seasons but Trafford has looked dreadful

2 hours ago, duo said:

Bowen?  He's such a Eddie player - him on the right :giggs:

Can't see him ever leaving West Ham to be honest what with the Danny Dyer connection etc. 

8 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Can't see him ever leaving West Ham to be honest what with the Danny Dyer connection etc. 

Think that might depend if they start sliding down the table in the next season or two.

They finish out of the top 8 this season and then next season I'm sure he'd consider moving on and the club will have to sell before he goes for free.

Bowen would be quality but after the season he's having he's probably at peak value right now so I very much doubt we could afford him.

From Wiki he was a Man U fan growing up. If they can shift some players this summer he'd be a cracking Antony upgrade for them.

Players from PL clubs:

ESM, Zinchenko, Ramsdale, Ramsey, McTominay, Bowen, Paqueta, Madueke, Colwill, Solanke, Kelly, Cunha, Neto, Hee-Chan, Van Hecke, Joao Pedro, Ferguson, Tosin, Palhinha, Robinson, Eze, Anderson, Olise, Branthwaite, Onana, Toney, Mbuemo, MGW, Murillo, Trafford.

A fair selection of players who might be on our radar. Some more realistic than others obviously and some more desirable than others.

If I were to pick 3 which suit our transfer strategy and seem semi realistic:

Morgan Gibbs-White 

Levi Colwill

Dominic Solanke

I can "see" these 3.

Colwill would be a dream. Even thought they’re selling their Cobham graduates, I think someone’s put it in their ear that Colwill will become a cornerstone player in their future. 

Watching Lyon v Monaco 

some decent talent on view -,Caqueret - Cherki - Y Fofana - Achliouche (bit of Cole Palmer about this guy)

so much good value in this league 

1 hour ago, STM said:

Players from PL clubs:

ESM, Zinchenko, Ramsdale, Ramsey, McTominay, Bowen, Paqueta, Madueke, Colwill, Solanke, Kelly, Cunha, Neto, Hee-Chan, Van Hecke, Joao Pedro, Ferguson, Tosin, Palhinha, Robinson, Eze, Anderson, Olise, Branthwaite, Onana, Toney, Mbuemo, MGW, Murillo, Trafford.

A fair selection of players who might be on our radar. Some more realistic than others obviously and some more desirable than others.

If I were to pick 3 which suit our transfer strategy and seem semi realistic:

Morgan Gibbs-White 

Levi Colwill

Dominic Solanke

I can "see" these 3.

Go get Mbuemo

3 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Watching Lyon v Monaco 

some decent talent on view -,Caqueret - Cherki - Y Fofana - Achliouche (bit of Cole Palmer about this guy)

so much good value in this league 

754C56CD-DF97-4453-928E-1B514A129812.jpeg

1 hour ago, Astroblack said:

Colwill would be a dream. Even thought they’re selling their Cobham graduates, I think someone’s put it in their ear that Colwill will become a cornerstone player in their future. 

The fact that Poch doesn't play him regularly (is he injured?), suggests that he's not necessarily seen as someone for the now, and given their FFP needs, surely there would be a deal to be done.

I honestly think he's the best young English CB (not stacked in that area). He'd be worth every penny the 45m we paid for Gordon and possibly more.

He can play CB and LB which should make him gold dust.

Edited by STM