Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

44 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Looks like Liverpool are willing to sell Joe Gomez

Has he played much after his injury?  I wonder if he is struggling a bit, as I can hardly remember seeing him play this season.  

Looked rapid and quality for quite a while next to VVD.  But did seem like without him he, he was a bit more accident prone and understandably didn't look quite as good.  

I think we'd be better served if we can go more with loan with option to buy or just straight loan.  CB and holding CM were musts and we've made no progress at all.  I'd give Gomez a shout.

Still puzzled that attacking players (outside of Diego Carlos) have so much of our attention.

Should have moved on from Carlos 2 weeks ago.

22 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Has he played much after his injury?  I wonder if he is struggling a bit, as I can hardly remember seeing him play this season.  

Looked rapid and quality for quite a while next to VVD.  But did seem like without him he, he was a bit more accident prone and understandably didn't look quite as good.  

Been on the bench a bit and played in the Carabao. Guess with Matip and Konate stepping up he just hasn't been able to force his hand. Probably just needs a move for first team football as much as anything to get his game back on track.

Also, given that we are going a little Brazilian-crazy at the moment, and that Barbosa was quite heavily linked earlier on, I'd be very happy to take a punt on Gabigol. No-one else seems to be in the running, and if Zapata is a non-goer, why not take the chance.

Big Jow, Bruno-no-no-no, and Gabigol would be fantastically insane.

On 26/01/2022 at 08:55, Mikky said:

We buying Frankie this window or next?

him and Bruno - oh my 

I do worry about Frenkie. 

He was sensational at Ajax, but I worry he's gone the way of Pogba a bit. He's been at a poorly run club for so long that his game has fallen apart a bit. 

9 hours ago, Emotic said:

Also, given that we are going a little Brazilian-crazy at the moment, and that Barbosa was quite heavily linked earlier on, I'd be very happy to take a punt on Gabigol. No-one else seems to be in the running, and if Zapata is a non-goer, why not take the chance.

Big Jow, Bruno-no-no-no, and Gabigol would be fantastically insane.

Possibly building up to it. Think we'll have a big signing ready on deadline day who'll join us if we've brought several in already. He might be that player, sitting on the fence waiting to see what we do. 

2 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Liverpool looking to offload Origi and Minamino, would take them both. 

If they get Luis Diaz, Minamino will be for sale for sure. Origi has been available but he isn't bothered about leaving and they would only take a substantial bid. Might change. Would definitely be in for Origi ahead of Nketiah. 

Original, I feel, in the right set up, would absolutely shine as a starting player. He doesn’t suit LFC’s way of playing from the start with their high press and off the ball movement, he likes the ball into him preferably inside the box. He’s an unconventional player for them really in that sesne, but who can have an imapct off the bench as he has done time and time again for them, seems a really good character too. 

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Since we are about to conclude a deal for Bruno I reckon one for the future at Lyon is Rayan Cherki, still only 18 and I've seen him in the odd game here and there and he seems to have a bit of quality about him 

Fifa LEGEND

2 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Matheus Pereira, formerly West Brom and then ended up at Al-Hilal in the Saudi league in the summer.

Looked a great talent, wonder if our ownership can try and get him as an option either on loan or permanent. 

We'll definitely see some Saudi talent in our academy soon.