Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

cunt's been caught on camera and named and shamed.

wonder if he'd have come out and apologised if there was no footage of the incident.

Doubt it, he shit his pants when cofronted.

Edited by Bally21

Find a lot of our fans just get pissed and don't really even remember half of the game, the away fans are generally great, sink a few beers and get in the mood to be vocal, personally I don't get involved in the singing and chants, but in the past at away games ( don't get to any now ) I've had a few and joined in.

Nowadays they're all absolutely steaming, in and out of the toilets in the pubs powdering their snouts, and more or less only there to show off to each other, bunch of Stone Island little wankers. 

Edited by mighty__mag

Fair play that the fan I owned it. It was the bare minimum but there are still a lot of people who would have just skulked off without a word. Hopefully decided to save himself some cash and improve his life by cutting down on the drink and drugs 

8 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

I’m with ON on this. Find it very difficult to understand why so many stayed under Ashley, prioritising their 2 hours on a Sat, sat on their hands and allowed people like Bruce and Carver to be appointed and sing the same nonsensical shit every game. We’re a weirdly shit eating yet fickle / overly emotional lot. 

“Support the team, not the regime”, followed by complete silence, most the time. Or the time we were supposed to protest Ashley and ended up just abusing Ayoze Perez.

Think Ronaldo’s post just highlights the contortions that people are forced to pull in order to hold the dual position that our fans who were still attending during the worst of the Ashley years are also fickle glory hunters. 

I have no problem with one of our players telling the fans not to panic. [emoji38] 2 weeks of intense football, with teenagers making their debutes, Emil Kraft and Paul Dummett ready to make their first league appearance in 18 months. It's sad its only take 2 years for people to forget how shite it was before Eddie Howe's arrival and players like Trippier who give a shit. 

Storm in a tea-cup stuff, which will be over egged by rivals and media. 1 fan said something 1 player didn't like, and a very mild mannered conversation happened in front of cameras. Both will regret it, but as a club we move on.

If anything, it highlights a few things:

* Club has grown very quickly thanks to all involved.

* We're still being held back from the former regime, and growth stopped by PL at every opportunity.

* We need more players. Quality like Tonali for £55m is great, but we're still being propped up by players we can't give away, especially when said £55m talent decides to risk his career.

* Clearly won't be in CL next season, even Europa level will be too much for the current squad x our high intensity play.

* Even our best players are suffering and can't maintain their high levels.

* Questions need asking about the drop off in training. Since then our injuries have gone through the roof. Might not be related and done for the right reasons, but have we swung too far the other way.

Two weeks now to evaluate and adjust. 1st thing i'd be doing is withdrawing Tripps & Wilson from England duties citing fatigue. I wouldn't be allowing Miggy to travel either. 

14 hours ago, Wandy said:

This is what you get when you make ticketing more accessible to any Tom, Dick or Harry, to the detriment of the hardcore of the fanbase. Expect to see more of these dickheads at matches as the club progresses. Just another reason to give the hierachy stick over the ticketing shambles.

Tourist, eh, coming over here spoiling our atmosphere 🤔Screenshot_20231112_104629_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.72c0ec22faa24993737b3e082ee6c67a.jpg

10 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Tourist, eh, coming over here spoiling our atmosphere 🤔Screenshot_20231112_104629_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.72c0ec22faa24993737b3e082ee6c67a.jpg

Yeah I saw that, fair play to him. Doesn’t make me think any different about the point I made though. The new ticketing policy will allow more newbie/fair weather dickheads and people who generally don’t give a shit about the club to get tickets ahead of those who have been going for decades through thick and thin. I’m well aware that the club need to grow the fanbase, and of course all are welcome but it shouldn’t be at the expense of those who have been propping the club up for years.

I don’t agree with the ticketing policy for away games now but it hasn’t helped anyone other than season ticket holders with low points (maybe friends of players/staff as well). Other than the 1000 they sold last year they’re still people who’ve been going for an extended period of time. It does seem a bit different but cutting down on people passing tickets on is what most wanted when it became harder to get tickets. It lacks some flexibility but other than that don’t think they could have done much else.

Don’t know the home system as well, seems baffling that loyalty isn’t taken into the equation there, but when you’ve got people saying they’re desperate to go and can’t now knocking back tickets because they’re not in the right area of ground maybe they don’t want to go as much as they say they do.

And the main reason the away ends have been shit is because we won half of our away games last season and we’ve won two this season. Both have been talked about as being good away ends.

Just realised this is the Trippier thread so apologies.

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

Yeah I saw that, fair play to him. Doesn’t make me think any different about the point I made though. The new ticketing policy will allow more newbie/fair weather dickheads and people who generally don’t give a shit about the club to get tickets ahead of those who have been going for decades through thick and thin. I’m well aware that the club need to grow the fanbase, and of course all are welcome but it shouldn’t be at the expense of those who have been propping the club up for years.

I don't think that's a fair comment, sounds more like your own frustrations about ticketing.

It's a bit contrary, been a fan 35+ years I've just accepted the way the new owners want to do things.

I don't think some random would get a ticket and start acting like that at an away game, you'd look out of your depth, and we know the fans that get to away games are usually long term fans due to points.

Feel it's more about what I said further up, about the actions fans take when they go to games, taking drugs and drinking, my 10yr old daughter is really anxious when we have groups around us swearing at the top of their voices, it's embarrassing, and the same for drunk parents taking their kids, the kids are copying them swearing now at games.

Give it time and things will improve for us all,these owners are listening, they will be looking into increasing capacity etc, things will benefit more people with time.

👍🏼

Edited by mighty__mag