Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

With a fully fit squad we would be at the bare minimum, clear in 4th. If ffp/PSR is really an issue I would rather have a financial reset and clear out the Dummetts, Ritchie's, Targetts, Dubravkas who are a level below and replace them with out of contract players and keep the core of the squad for next season without spending a fortune. Surely next season can't be as bad injury wise. The thought of selling Trippier is in my mind ridiculous. With a front 6 of Bruno, Tonali, joelinton, Gordon, isak and Barnes leaves great cover and the best front six in the league in my opinion. That would mean adequate defensive cover and a younger keeper required. We don't need major spending

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

Right up those mistakes he was absolutely sensational. Intercepting, assists, great passing and tackling. Creating chances. 

Yep. Dortmund home game, a massive part of their (very effective) gameplan was 'shut Trippier down'. Man Utd was one of his, if not the, best performances in a Newcastle shirt. 

11 minutes ago, TRC said:

Still not back?

If he's not back tomorrow then just save him for Brighton, Man U and Brentford.

If he’s not back tomorrow, sell him. 

5 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

If he’s not back tomorrow, sell him. 

Same with Pope, can't get fit before Callum Wilson? Very poor.

7 minutes ago, TRC said:

I do like how people started touting we should sell him because someone spotted him at the airport.

Come on now, it's not only that, it's also that 3 or 4 week bad spell he had.

Yes he's arguably one of our greatest ever signings, and hadn't put a foot wrong before that bad spell which wasn't as bad as people made out to be, with him subsequently recovering and playing at the high standard he has for the past two years, however in comparison, Frimpong is now a Bundesliga winner. 

On 16/04/2024 at 01:27, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

With a fully fit squad we would be at the bare minimum, clear in 4th. If ffp/PSR is really an issue I would rather have a financial reset and clear out the Dummetts, Ritchie's, Targetts, Dubravkas who are a level below and replace them with out of contract players and keep the core of the squad for next season without spending a fortune. Surely next season can't be as bad injury wise. The thought of selling Trippier is in my mind ridiculous. With a front 6 of Bruno, Tonali, joelinton, Gordon, isak and Barnes leaves great cover and the best front six in the league in my opinion. That would mean adequate defensive cover and a younger keeper required. We don't need major spending

We don't necessarily need to target out of contract players, because they can demand more on wages, what we need to do is be brave in the market at 18/20yrs level, we need more signings like Minteh at 6m and get them at the right loan club, then let them break into our first team squad slowly, lots of sides have demonstrated that this season, and although Ten Hag is a whopper, he's done well blooding youth, Klopp is similar, he tests his talent, we've never been brave, other than Carroll, we were sort of forced, but it did work out.

Those cloggers you mention, need to be replaced by young talent. Safer future bet and helps our ffp