Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We need a replacement if he goes, I have no faith in Krafth playing regularly for us.

I agree. No problem with Livramento as first choice but after that we'd be stuck with Krafth, Murphy or maybe a RCB who can fill in. 

Assuming we wouldn't get a huge fee for Trips I wonder what our budget would be for a replacement?

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We need a replacement if he goes, I have no faith in Krafth playing regularly for us.

I think I agree tbh. Krafth is fine as third choice, but Tino's injury record isn't the best and I wouldn't fancy a prolonged period of Krafth.

This is where it gets tricky, replacing Trippier. It's easy to convince the likes of Hall and Livramento to come when there's senior players ahead of them but a clear pathway to the team within 2-3 years. 

Trying to convince a young player here now to replace Trippier when the pathway is potentially blocked by Tino is hard, having to spend £40-60m to buy better than Tino and Trippier is a no-go, Krafth is probably the profile we'd be looking for anyway (experienced,cheap option). 

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

This is where it gets tricky, replacing Trippier. It's easy to convince the likes of Hall and Livramento to come when there's senior players ahead of them but a clear pathway to the team within 2-3 years. 

Trying to convince a young player here now to replace Trippier when the pathway is potentially blocked by Tino is hard, having to spend £40-60m to buy better than Tino and Trippier is a no-go, Krafth is probably the profile we'd be looking for anyway (experienced,cheap option). 

Or a young CB who can play RB maybe.

I wonder if Gordon and our new Right Mid will be wing backs ? Southgate tried it at the Euros but fucked that shit up and ended up with a flat back 5 with two holding mids.

Howe won't make that mistake 

I wish it would just get resolved at this point cos I hate drawn-out departures for players I really like. One of the reasons why I didn't connect with the England team this summer was the speculation around two of our players in the squad. Trippier and Gordon seemed like Schroedinger's Footballers at one point. Both belonging to Newcastle and not belonging to Newcastle simultaneously.