More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, ManDoon said:

You don’t like Nunez?

Nah, not you man. Nunez is the sort we should be after, although I do think he has done too well this year now like others have said, and so I think there'll be too much competition from more established clubs.

It's the Zaha talk that has completely befuddled me.

8 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

He’d be a starter here though. Where else would he start? He’s a possibility 

Think this would be one of the few advantages we'd be able to push. Teams like us, West Ham, Villa would be able to promise him starts. But we're now the only ones of that bunch who could realistically promise a sustained push towards CL. Just may not be as immediately close as West Ham. 

Assuming Chelsea do get shot of Lukaku he would likely start there. I actually think he'd get in at City, but that assuming they ever do decide to go back to playing with a 9, rather than just eventually playing a GK, De Bryune, then 9 tricky wide-players. 

I honestly think you could find at least 20 better wingers in France that would be better quality players for a fraction of the price, in comparison to Zaha.

We literally got ASM from there as a throwaway from Nice. I've seen people saying we should spend £75 million on Raphina, but again he came in from France for around what we paid for ASM.

The lack of imagination is astonishing man.  

id be content with this going into next season ;) Might cost a coin or two too much :lol: 

Striker

ASM.                       Pino 

Paqueta

Bruno.     Phillips 

Targett  Badiashile Bremer Trippier

GK

45 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Pineapple head can stay where he is imo. 

One of the English teachers at blaydon comp was known as pineapple heed. He used to her quite upset about it. Probably a really nice fella on reflection. Just had to deal with barely civilised kids. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Hard disagree here. I do think we need imports but the likes of Sagna, Nasri, Cliche, Barry, Milner, Tevez, Lescott, Adebayor all helped get City to 4th and made other teams in the division weaker as a consequence. 

Aguero and co. join when they finish 5th and get them to 3rd then champions. Aguero, Silva and Toure don’t join a team in our position.  

I think the best strategy is to take the best hungry talent from the division that will join to take us to 5-7 and into Europe. As a core at least. And supplement with the best talent from Europe we can get.  

Zaha would be our best player and can play left or right. Suddenly we are a massive problem on the counter.  

I don’t think we have a solid core of British players. I don’t think any of them get much time in the top half of the PL except Trippier & Wilson.  

Would not go near Zaha, he’s exactly the type of player we don’t need.

41 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

One of the English teachers at blaydon comp was known as pineapple heed. He used to her quite upset about it. Probably a really nice fella on reflection. Just had to deal with barely civilised kids. 

We had a PE teacher that we called Afghan on account of his resemblance to the hound. He didn't like us one bit.

2 hours ago, ManDoon said:

He’d be a starter here though. Where else would he start? He’s a possibility 

West Ham. Chelsea. City. Arsenal. Man U.

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

Zaha is a poor man’s ASM!

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

I honestly think you could find at least 20 better wingers in France that would be better quality players for a fraction of the price, in comparison to Zaha.

We literally got ASM from there as a throwaway from Nice. I've seen people saying we should spend £75 million on Raphina, but again he came in from France for around what we paid for ASM.

The lack of imagination is astonishing man.  

For reference Zaha has scored the same amount of goals this season as ASM has in his entire time at Newcastle. Raphinha's

I like ASM but he hasn't actually consistently shown, that he's one of the best players outside the top 7. Zaha's a significant upgrade.

The bolded - Arsenal thought the same thing and opted against Zaha to sign Nicolas Pepe for £72m who has flopped. Why take the risk? We don't need to worry about re-sale value, we just need to get into Europe asap so we can attract a higher calibre of player (and demand/justify better commercial deals).

I personally love Raphinha. He's the real deal. Adapted to the league and Northern England. Undeniably good enough to play for a team fighting for the top 4. Why spend £40m on an unknown quantity instead?

I'd take Raphinha over Pino this summer easily. I wouldn't want a 19-year-old kid from Spain having the responsibility of firing us up the league.

Raphina cost around £17 million from France. There are wingers we can still get from there for nowhere near £40 million, or the £72 million Arsenal foolishly paid for Pepe. Zaha is 30 and would still cost us a significant fee and wages. It's a bad deal.

You like Raphina so much, but you don't want the club to go and try and find such a player themselves like Leeds did, but want us instead to go and fork out £75 million for him. It's that kind of lazy approach that will do us in.

You say why spend on an unknown quantity? Well because, that's the way football works, if the club does the work behind the scenes on the player and are happy with their profile and valuation then make the deal. Paying over the odds for Zaha at his age is a bad idea, and there is absolutely no guarantee he'd be a success here either, as I don't think he's that good that you can expect that as a certainty.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yes please. He’s like a much much better Perez. He’d cost silly money you’d imagine. 

56 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Don't see why Bowen would want to leave in the summer, unless it's for a Champs League team. West Ham won't let him go easy either.

Yeah, can't see that one either.

A more realistic move for another English left footed winger that I really like is Dwight McNeil. Very underrated I think, and outside of Burnley's more rigid style he will be awesome. Whoever gets him from Burnley is going to get a steal there.

Edited by KaKa

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, can't see that one either.

A more realistic move for another English left footed winger that I really like is Dwight McNeil. Very underrated I think, and outside of Burnley's more rigid style he will be awesome. Whoever gets him from Burnley is going to get a steal there.

He’s absolutely shit