More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

wants say 250k a week they will do so.

Im in the minority on here thinking we wont break the low-mid 100ks this summer then, I guess time will tell. I just feel its not about what we CAN pay players, its what we will pay players.. not a case on if we can afford it, its a case of keeping the squad harmony intact. 

1 minute ago, Nine said:

Im in the minority on here thinking we wont break the low-mid 100ks this summer then, I guess time will tell. I just feel its not about what we CAN pay players, its what we will pay players.. not a case on if we can afford it, its a case of keeping the squad harmony intact. 

It will be structured I’m sure, but if they wanted a key player they can be flexible, but I’m sure the plan is to work within a progressive structure ideally.

@Nine :lol:

Am I dreaming if I think we will offer more than 120k/week? Yeah right… We won’t splash the cash around on anything and everything for the sake of it. However if the right top quality player is available with the right mentality and just ticks the boxes in most ways then we will offer more than 120k/week, without a shadow of doubt. If that’s what it takes to get the deal done.

Edited by Ikon

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

@Nine :lol:

Am I dreaming if I think we will offer more than 120k/week? Yeah right… We won’t splash the cash around on anything and everything for the sake of it. However if the right top quality player is available with the right mentality and just ticks the boxes in most ways then we will offer more than 120k/week, without a shadow of doubt. 

I agree with that to an extent, a push towards mid 100ks maybe at most. But as I said before - players on 200k or more this summer? No way. 

Im happy to be wrong like 

Edited by Nine

1 minute ago, Nine said:

I agree with that to an extent, a push towards mid 100ks maybe at most. But as I said before - players on 200k this summer? No way. 

So… you did move the goalposts then, like said.  

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

I agree with that to an extent, a push towards mid 100ks maybe. But as I said before - players on 200k this summer? No way. 

I don’t think they’ll need to. I bet they have their target list (fluid as it will be) Our soon to be DOF is only an email/ phone call away 😏

basically we can IF we choose to 😎

Edited by PauloGeordio

Guest HTT II

Just say Rashford come available and was wanting 200k, do you think the club would say nah, our max is 120k as we don’t want to upset the likes of Murphy on 40k or Shelvey on 80k? You have to remember the better and more important players the club signs, the bigger the exposure and commercial opportunities also come with that. 

The idea we're not going to go much above a wage structure set by Mike Ashley is baffling. With regards to Bruno, we've no idea what his salary is or what he received as a signing-on fee; there may also be other ways to pay someone, for example family members.  But lets not kid ourselves, a Brazilian international isn't going to come to Newcastle when relegation was a real threat unless he's getting very well paid. He knows he would have had other clubs to choose from this summer.

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

So… you did move the goalposts then, like said.  

[emoji38] Concrete 120k, not a penny more. That guy completely missed the point anyway and got flustered about numbers, I think he had to scratch Mbappe off of his wishlist. 

Edited by Nine

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

[emoji38] Concrete 120k, not a penny more. That guy completely missed the point anyway and got flustered about numbers, I think he had to scratch Mbappe off of his wishlist. 

I doubt he had Mbappe on his list. Personally I can see us offer whatever if we feel the player is worth it. I don’t mean 200k+ Now already. 

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Just say Rashford come available and was wanting 200k, do you think the club would say nah, our max is 120k as we don’t want to upset the likes of Murphy on 40k or Shelvey on 80k? You have to remember the better and more important players the club signs, the bigger the exposure and commercial opportunities also come with that. 

I would not want Rashford anywhere near the club but if he did come then I'd want his salary highly performance related.

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

This summer 200k is to much imo, dressing rooms can be fragile especially when it comes to money and ego. 

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, macphisto said:

I would not want Rashford anywhere near the club but if he did come then I'd want his salary highly performance related.

I’d have him here in a heartbeat myself!

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, Nine said:

This summer 200k is to much imo, dressing rooms can be fragile especially when it comes to money and ego. 

A lot of our players will know they are unlikely to get anywhere near what they are on elsewhere and I’m sure the club can enforce stipulations where players cannot discuss their contracts/wages etc. Huge discrepancies in salaries are common at most clubs and in lots of other industries. Messi on whatever he was on at Barca compared to say anyone else at the club…

Just now, HTT II said:

I’d have him here in a heartbeat myself!

His work ethic this season is what I find most concerning. Players can be out of form but he's just not trying which is a real concern for a local lad who came through the ranks. 

8 minutes ago, HTT II said:

the club can enforce stipulations where players cannot discuss their contracts/wages etc. Huge discrepancies in salaries are common at most clubs and in lots of other industries. Messi on whatever he was on at Barca compared to say anyone else at the club…

Yeah im aware this is common practise in football, players obviously will get an idea of what other players make at the club though. I think the Messi Barca comparison is a bit different to where we are right now lol, just out of interest and for the sake of it - hypothetically say we get offered Benzema this summer but he'd want 350k pw, do you think we'd say yes?

Edited by Nine

21 minutes ago, Nine said:

Back up your bullshit with more bullshit. Fooling no one. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, Nine said:

Yeah im aware this is common practise in football, players obviously will get an idea of what other players make at the club though. I think the Messi Barca comparison is a bit different to where we are right now lol, just out of interest and for the sake of it - hypothetically say we get offered Benzema this summer but he'd want 350k pw, do you think we'd say yes?

Without a doubt, yes we would!

What was the name of that academy lad they bought off us who was meant to be a good prospect? We’ll have him back if he’s pushed on, other than that absolutely no one. Horrific squad of players 

Guest HTT II

RE Rashford @macphisto Aye it’s alarming but he’s suffered with injuries over the past year or so which he’s played on with and he’s not alone in how poor he’s been at Man Utd. I think he’s having a crisis of confidence and in a bit of a rut, a move would do him the word of good. Rashford here would be a huge coup and good for our club’s profile, image and ability to maximise sponsorship opportunities. I’d have Saka over him, mind…

Edited by HTT II

Just now, Nine said:

[emoji38][emoji38] 

You could have just said, yeah I went bit a low after being conditioned by ashley for years and I'd have agreed with you in full. However you double downed, moved the target and blamed others interpretation.

Anyway. An Adjusted goalpost later, I do agree with you and your sentiment.