More transfer rumours

midds

36 minutes ago, macphisto said:

We see football slightly differently as in my view most of the players above were either never originally tipped as being that great when they were young (Lingard, Huth), their drop in form wasn't anything like Rashford (Cole, Modric) or they didn't exactly hit the heights when they recovered their form (Shaw, Lingard again, Zaha). 

I'm not sure why the filters you're applying need to be that specific in order to be valid?

Having said that, Zaha and Shaw especially definitely did hit the heights of before their dip in form and easily surpassed it. Zaha went from potential future star at Palace, to perceived flop at Man United, to realising his potential without going to a huge club back at Palace. Shaw went from a great left back at Southampton, to out of favour, labelled overweight, and in then in poor form at Man United, to regaining his form at Man United and then with England to the extent that he was imo the best player at Euro 2021. 

I'm so excited to finally have a summer transfer window I can truly look forward to. I know we're going to be in the Premier League, I know we're being managed by a proper manager who gets the best out of players, I know we play an attractive brand of football. And I know we have the budget and ambition to sign the best.possible targets.

I can't remember the last time I felt like this about our club. It's incredible considering how much we've been through over the years. I just want to appreciate it.

39 minutes ago, macphisto said:

He hasn't got a great attitude on the pitch where he hasn't put in the hard work. The Man U fans on their forum would certainly disagree too. 

Games I've seen, all things considered (*) , he's looked ok imho. 

As for researching the views of a set of fans that will be in absolute denial of the club's trajectory with added dashes of entitlement, I'll pass. 

* injury, intermittent starts, club in perpetual turmoil devoid of managerial stability & ideology etc etc etc

2 hours ago, ManDoon said:

I’d take Gallagher for sure 

He can fuck off after his cuntery last week.

I'll add to the "Rashford would be class" crowd, btw.

Edited by Sima

Howe could definitely improve Rashford and get him playing his best football again but I do think we can get better value for money abroad. Also can't help but get Everton vibes from signing Rashford; player at a big 6 club out of form and polarises big 6 club's fanbase bought for a huge wedge. :/

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Be very surprised if Rashford ever left Man United.

Plus the way they messed us about for Lingard, I doubt they’d be interested in negotiating a deal with us.

Maybe it's just my general mood about things surrounding the club where I'm finding a positive spin on most things but I'm hopeful us being so defiant could come back to help us. The club stood its ground whilst getting reinforcements at a cost they deemed acceptable for a turnaround from relegation favourites to top ten challengers in half a season. Hopefully that tells them that they can fuck us around all they like but our board will still look to get the job done, so they might as well just take our money like any other club.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Howe could definitely improve Rashford and get him playing his best football again but I do think we can get better value for money abroad. Also can't help but get Everton vibes from signing Rashford; player at a big 6 club out of form and polarises big 6 club's fanbase bought for a huge wedge. :/

I think we’d all rather look to Europe for similar talent, could probably get 2 for 1.

1 minute ago, wormy said:

Maybe it's just my general mood about things surrounding the club where I'm finding a positive spin on most things but I'm hopeful us being so defiant could come back to help us. The club stood its ground whilst getting reinforcements at a cost they deemed acceptable for a turnaround from relegation favourites to top ten challengers in half a season. Hopefully that tells them that they can fuck us around all they like but our board will still look to get the job done, so they might as well just take our money like any other club.

Agree in usual circumstances but Man United’s decision-making structure seems totally broken. 

Sometimes there’s just nothing we can do.

I doubt our board are particularly enthused to negotiate with them again as well.

1 hour ago, RodneyCisse said:

I think we’d all rather look to Europe for similar talent, could probably get 2 for 1.

I agree. I like Rashford, just not sure he's got the killer instinct for a forward, seems to go through crises of confidence most seasons. I just feel we could get the finished article from abroad for the same money.

20 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

People keep saying there's better value abroad than getting the likes of Rashford or Zaha.. where? who?

When we signed St Max for under 20 million, Zaha would probably have cost 50 mill minimum. There’s always better value abroad it’s just finding them, that’s where Nickson earns his coin.

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

More interested in school dinners then scoring goals, very noble but his games gone to shit since.

There's absolutely zero evidence the two things are connected though.

He was rightfully highly praised for his work regarding school dinners.

22 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

People keep saying there's better value abroad than getting the likes of Rashford or Zaha.. where? who?

How much would Rashford go for to start with? 50m? 75m? You could go and get practically anyone other than top elite tier players for that money. Someone younger, more potential, had a better season, more end product etc. There are loads of players out there. As per usual, there’s still a definite English home grown tax you have to pay. Look at Bruno for 40m. If he was English, you’d easily be looking at 60-70 or more. The foreign market simply provides better value, for sure. 

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

When we signed St Max for under 20 million, Zaha would probably have cost 50 mill minimum. There’s always better value abroad it’s just finding them, that’s where Nickson earns his coin.

Zaha has 25 G/A in the last 2 seasons. 
ASM has 16 G/A in the last 2 seasons. 

One is a level above the other. 

I would agree but one of them was managed by a congealed blob of butter for a substantial amount of that

(but yes he has not jumped up in level since so fair :/)

Edited by Tiresias

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Zaha has 25 G/A in the last 2 seasons. 
ASM has 16 G/A in the last 2 seasons. 

One is a level above the other. 

30 million plus difference I don’t think so.

Edited by Whitley mag

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

There's absolutely zero evidence the two things are connected though.

He was rightfully highly praised for his work regarding school dinners.

Exactly. Load of bollox to give Daily Mail readers something else to wank over. 

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Hodgson is almost as bad as Bruce and more defensive.  

I think that's harsh on Hodgson, he's far more likeable and isn't hated by every fan of clubs he's been at. His time has been and gone, he shouldn't have taken the Watford job but he can retire with dignity having actually achieved succes in places unlike cabbage head. 

Edited by Mazzy

52 minutes ago, Manxst said:

How much would Rashford go for to start with? 50m? 75m? You could go and get practically anyone other than top elite tier players for that money. Someone younger, more potential, had a better season, more end product etc. There are loads of players out there. As per usual, there’s still a definite English home grown tax you have to pay. Look at Bruno for 40m. If he was English, you’d easily be looking at 60-70 or more. The foreign market simply provides better value, for sure. 

£150m for Declan Rice or Bruno for £40m