More transfer rumours

midds

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Which Everton players do we want?

I’d take Pickford (I know…), DCL and Richarlison!

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

What was the name of that academy lad they bought off us who was meant to be a good prospect? We’ll have him back if he’s pushed on, other than that absolutely no one. Horrific squad of players 

The fact you can't remember should tell you everything.

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

What was the name of that academy lad they bought off us who was meant to be a good prospect? We’ll have him back if he’s pushed on, other than that absolutely no one. Horrific squad of players 

Gibson ?

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

You could have just said, yeah I went bit a low after being conditioned by ashley for years and I'd have agreed with you in full. However you double downed, moved the target and blamed others interpretation.

Anyway. An Adjusted goalpost later, I do agree with you and your sentiment. 

Nah thats not my thinking at all, nothing to do with the way Ashley ran the club. Im looking at how Howes tried to change the culture around the place since he came in and the amazing job hes done with it, hes got the team and fans feeling united for the first time in a long time all credit to him. The best way to fuck that up in the dressing room would be to bring in players on big wages, Bruno is on just over 100k pw if the reports on that are correct so I'd say somewhere around 120k this summer will our limit. I never moved goalposts I only said 200k as an out of reach example [emoji38]

Like I said im happy to be wrong, maybe Eddie and co think we can push the boat out already because of the great work hes done so far with the players he might feel that its doable which would be a big step forward. We'll see soon enough.

Edited by Nine

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Thought they sent him back for being a cunt? 

Looks like his career has massively stalled, went from Championship loan to League one loan and only five games this season. Hopefully Tory Frank can get him fired up again by fining him 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Looks like his career has massively stalled, went from Championship loan to League one loan and only five games this season. Hopefully Tory Frank can get him fired up again by fining him 

Thats a shame, I remember a couple years ago he was meant to be a big prospect. Wonder what went wrong there? Has he had injury issues? 

1 minute ago, Nine said:

Thats a shame, I remember a couple years ago he was meant to be a big prospect. Wonder what went wrong there? Has he had injury issues? 

The way he left, the way he's carried on when on loan I'd say he's just a massive cunt.

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

RE Rashford @macphisto Aye it’s alarming but he’s suffered with injuries over the past year or so which he’s played on with and he’s not alone in how poor he’s been at Man Utd. I think he’s having a crisis of confidence and in a bit of a rut, a move would do him the word of good. Rashford here would be a huge coup and good for our club’s profile, image and ability to maximise sponsorship opportunities. I’d have Saka over him, mind…

I hear what you're saying but he should still be putting in more of a shift in my opinion. I don't mind him being poor but it's more the lack of effort I find a concern. Look at Joelinton before Howe or further back Shearer, under Gullit, they still put in a shift even if they were out of form/out of position/problems with a manager. 

Genuine question, can you think of any players in the past, similar to Rashford, who were seen as a top young player, had a big dip, and then went on to be a top player? I'm not trying to be clever asking that question, I just can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, macphisto said:

I hear what you're saying but he should still be putting in more of a shift in my opinion. I don't mind him being poor but it's more the lack of effort I find a concern. Look at Joelinton before Howe or further back Shearer, under Gullit, they still put in a shift even if they were out of form/out of position/problems with a manager. 

Genuine question, can you think of any players in the past, similar to Rashford, who were seen as a top young player, had a big dip, and then went on to be a top player? I'm not trying to be clever asking that question, I just can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Shearer downed tools towards the end under Gullit and I've seen too many Toon players do the same only to do better under a different manager. Anelka after leaving Real Madrid?

He's not alone in lack of effort in that side though it is difficult i guess when no-one else is trying either. He would be a risk but he had been outstanding previously so it's a gamble that could pay of and i wouldn't be unhappy. And yes saka is better

44 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Thought they sent him back for being a cunt? 

Quick search seems to indicate that ending the loan was considered due to injuries but he was on the bench for them just this Tuesday.

Crazier things have happened but at 21 years old, after three years of loans where he's dropped from the Championship to League 1, I dare say he's not a 'what if' we should be worried about. 

I agree with what @Nineis saying about the wage structure. Especially as EH is doing the planning for the summer with SN. Our owners well aware of the problems Everton have caused themselves and are determined to progress at steady and more strategic rate.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I agree with what @Nineis saying about the wage structure. Especially as EH is doing the planning for the summer with SN. Our owners well aware of the problems Everton have caused themselves and are determined to progress at steady and more strategic rate.

Yes, to some extent he has a point. But we will be offering more than 120k/week if the right player is available and that’s what it takes. Without a doubt. Will we offer 250+? No probably not. 

Edited by Ikon

I’m not sure Jamaal Lascelles will be up in arms if a genuine potential world class player comes in and they are on double his salary. These footballers aren’t that mindless when it comes to this stuff. We’ve a pretty low wage structure to begin with - the ratio to turnover is higher than most because our commercial income under Ashley was abysmal. 

Edited by Kanji

7 hours ago, macphisto said:

Possibly Andy Cole. After a blistering start with us he was a joke for Man United his first couple years there (why does Cantona wear his collar up, its dirty from carrying Cole all season), cavalcade of Sunday league misses, Man U hack Steve Curry acknowledging on the back page they'd "snap your hands off for their money back". Guess he came good in the end.

Maybe McCoist.

Way more go the other way though.

Edited by Wolfcastle