Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

12 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I'm guessing those opposed to the Wood deal still haven't heard of him.

The ironic thing is, before we were linked, I doubt anyone had heard of him, but all of a sudden, he’s better than a 1-3 recognised, experienced PL striker, he’s no use to us right now as a future star back out on loan, in the under 23s or plunged in at the deep end as a mega money must start producing immediately type young kid.

I think many fans have forgotten all their senses. Wood is yes underwhelming and at 25m for his age is an eye opener, but forget about the fee, we needed a CF due to Wilson’s injury and he HAS contributed to 4 points gained since signing.

Furthermore, should we go down, he will tear it up in the Championship you feel. Look objectively to Wood’s signing, it doesn’t mean we’ve wasted 25m on him and therefore that money is spent so we missed out on this French kid, again PRIORITIES!

Imagine we signed this French kid and go down and he fucking bombs in the Championship, what then? Again this isn’t fantasy football. Talent like this kid which let’s face it is neither here nor there right now, is a problem that doesn’t belong to us right now, if we stay up, I’m sure we will be in the race for such talents across the board for a long time to come. It’s not like he’s the next Wayne Rooney FFS! Get a grip people, using this fantasy ideal of a young up and coming signing to beat the signing of Wood with is fucking down right plain dumb, sorry!

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, JonBez comesock said:

Malcolm Allen was fantastic , one of the best touches at the club 

He was playing with one Knee 

Great player - hugely underrated 

Happy memories, him and Alex Mathie!

Edited by HTT II

10 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I'm guessing those opposed to the Wood deal still haven't heard of him.

I remember him since I saw him in every game he played for Newcastle and he didn't cost anywhere near 25 million for a start. 

15 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’d never heard of him, he was in reality shite, but he did a job and was in the end, a worthy signing at the time, in the ‘process’ we trust, or not…

He wasn't shite at all he scored 7 goals in 12 games and suffered a serious ankle injury which finished his career.

Just now, et tu brute said:

I remember him since I saw him in every game he played for Newcastle and he didn't cost anywhere near 25 million for a start. 

He wasn't shite at all he scored 7 goals in 12 games and suffered a serious ankle injury which finished his career.

I meant shite as in he come from nowhere, was a nobody, but that’s KK for you. I adored the player personally, he would have scored 15 + for us that season if fit starting every game or most games. 

8 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I meant shite as in he come from nowhere, was a nobody, but that’s KK for you. I adored the player personally, he would have scored 15 + for us that season if fit starting every game or most games. 

I've got a vague memory of Mathie against Sheff Wed.

Googled it before posting, it's this

Edited by relámpago blanco

What a game, what a cameo, it felt even the most random and not so good player under KK could do something magical and contribute and most did. 

Edited by HTT II

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

That was the game we had to wear away at home because of the strips clashing.  I remember an away game against them something similar had to happen.

The green kit? Cole last minute of 90, Walker had him in his pocket all game, but Cole, swivel and bang, Andy Andy Cole, he gets the ball and scores a goal, Andy Andy Cole!

I was in the Leazes behind that Mathie goal. No way did he mean it quite like that, but it was still an amazing goal.

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

The green kit? Cole last minute of 90, Walker had him in his pocket all game, but Cole, swivel and bang, Andy Andy Cole, he gets the ball and scores a goal, Andy Andy Cole!

Loved the Andy Cole song. The first time I recall it was at the Leicester 7-1 game in the last match of the promotion season, and it just felt like the whole ground sang that song solidly for about half the match.

Doubt I'll ever experience an atmosphere quite like that ever again, the ground was absolutely bouncing that day.

Honestly, he was my first Toon idol, hero, whatever, I cried when he left and hated KK my absolute all-time hero now, for all of a few days, I adored Cole, and that song, those days, that era, those times, the best ever! If we get close to that even if we go one further and win a trophy. Nothing will eclipse that era for me, ever!

4 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Loved him me, remember when he scored the record breaking goal against Villa at home, the Cole song was electric all around the ground for an age.

Aye that smile, him and Clark two great pals living the dream polar opposites racially and culturally, it all felt wonderful and forever, sadly it wasn’t to last!

Just now, et tu brute said:

Loved him me, remember when he scored the record breaking goal against Villa at home, the Cole song was electric all around the ground for an age.

Ha yes, that's true. Such anticipation knowing the record was his for the taking and pandemonium when he scored it. That was vs Villa, 5-1. I remember I always used to have a daft bet with my mate before kickoff who would score first, and that day I said Bracewell, who I hadn't scored all season. He laughed and said "If Bracewell scores first I'll give you £100" which to us as poor students was an absolute fortune back then. Needless to say he smashed a thunderbastard in from 20+ yards. :lol: