Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Why? He was spot on. Targett on his way in and we’ve turned our attentions to Ekikite after being told Nketiah isn’t available.

He was the first to mention targettt was he not ?

19 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Also hope giving the BS about Race against time, there's fucking 14 hours, that's plenty of time to get it done once you've already had a bid accepted. 

I'm sure there's been a few cases in the past where deals have been agreed, contracts exchanged etc but medicals haven't been done till the day after the deadline.

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Why? He was spot on. Targett on his way in and we’ve turned our attentions to Ekikite after being told Nketiah isn’t available.

I think Nketiah was available but we've decided to spend on Ekitike instead. Info on Nketiah came via a pretty wright on source.

Every highlight video makes him look very average. Very scrappy goals. Lanky. 
I just dont see what all the fuss is about. He may turn out to be amazing, but highlights videos are making him look like Peter Crouch

Just now, arnonel said:

I just dont see what all the fuss is about. He may turn out to be amazing, but highlights videos are making him look like Peter Crouch

I'd take a peak Peter Crouch level striker like. 

3 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Amazingly, there's more to assessing the quality of a footballer than watching a YouTube compilation.

Edited by Ash

2 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Let’s trust professional scouts and not 5 mins on YouTube :lol:

I watched Ekitike aginst Bastia this weekend. I don't think he is the "new Mbappé" at all, he's nowhere near as fast and technical, but he definietly stands out in a poor Reims side. This is a gamble.

2 minutes ago, arnonel said:

I’m not feeling it with him either, from the admittedly very little I’ve seen of him.
I’ll trust in Howe & Co though. Probably one for the future. 

I know fuck all about the lanky boy. But scoring goals in an extremely physical league is nothing to look passed. Especially since he is seemingly very fresh in the league too.  But these stats kinda make me a little bit excited.

bGzOQBo.png

4 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

He looks good in this one:

That's more like it! When he has highlights like that, why put together a compilation of scrappy deflected goals, scuffed penalties and run where he just bundles through players, like the one above?! Baffling!

I think it depends on the expectations, kind of reminds me a bit of the Joelinton situation - brought in to score goals and thus judged on that with a hefty price tag.

I think Ekitike looks very skillful, and can provide something different for us. However, if we are bringing him in as a goalscorer, I think we may be disappointed.