Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

18 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

There’s a lot of anger directed at a lad who joined PSG, which is a once in a lifetime opportunity for most players. I don’t know why we have any feelings about him :lol:

Admittedly I don’t follow this story closely, so apologies if he’s known to be a massive wrong un. 

Then you should read the first few pages of this thread. I will never forget that photo.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

There’s a lot of anger directed at a lad who joined PSG, which is a once in a lifetime opportunity for most players. I don’t know why we have any feelings about him :lol:

Admittedly I don’t follow this story closely, so apologies if he’s known to be a massive wrong un. 

I do find it funny when we're talking about Arsenal fans having a bit of a loony online presence, the hatred/bitterness a lot seem to have for a kid who turned us down 2 years ago for his local club. :lol:

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Eddie seemed very keen on him at the time so I still think there might be a player in there. I was pretty disappointed when it didn't happen, but couldn't have turned out much better in hindsight with Isak arriving eventually instead.

18 minutes ago, TRon said:

Eddie seemed very keen on him at the time so I still think there might be a player in there. I was pretty disappointed when it didn't happen, but couldn't have turned out much better in hindsight with Isak arriving eventually instead.

Ekitike, Pedro and Isak - quite rangy types of players who could theoretically play multiple roles across the frontline. Would have loved two of three but BHA’s price for Pedro will be extortion and Wor Hugo seems to have an agent/attitude problem. 

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I do sometimes wonder if other clubs end up so bitter over such inconsequential matters. :lol: Even more so an 18 year old who's likely being massively guided by agents/family. We probably weren't even a second thought to him once the 'saga' was over.

51 minutes ago, Alan Pardew said:

Why are you calling him “Nile Ranger”?

Is the lad a criminal?

Well Hugo also wasn't lucky enough to hail from the highly educated catchment area of Southampton so it's probable ain't it, Al?

On 30/04/2024 at 18:02, wormy said:

Well Hugo also wasn't lucky enough to hail from the highly educated catchment area of Southampton so it's probable ain't it, Al?

Some good players come through from that area absolutely yes. 

I used the nile ranger reference but it was more about the talent he had but he wasn't professional enough to make a go of it. Thought he'd made it soon as he got in pardews side. Then just pissed it up the wall. 

17 minutes ago, andycap said:

I used the nile ranger reference but it was more about the talent he had but he wasn't professional enough to make a go of it. Thought he'd made it soon as he got in pardews side. Then just pissed it up the wall. 

To be fair to Ekitike, he's still playing in the Bundesliga, he's not fallen off the face of the earth like Ranger. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with someone like Borussia Dortmund, Inter, that sort of club in 2 years. 

Posted (edited)
On 30/04/2024 at 10:32, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Its very odd. :lol: Like any young french lad doesn't dream of playing for PSG.

Comparing him to Nile Ranger ffs..

It's like getting turned down by a lass and calling her ugly afterwards

Edited by Menace