Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

1 hour ago, wyn davies said:

The clause may £100m but that is the starting price I believe, so that's the minimum bid we are willing to take and if PSG offered £110m and Madrid came in at £130m then the £100m is meaningless, someone no doubt will put me right.

Why would anyone offer more than the release clause?

Also, the amount of time if took for this contract to be resolved means that perhaps Bruno said if we are not on CL, I want to go or have the option... and we said only if... x y z...

The club aren't stupid and neither is Bruno and if we are not in CL for 2 years then I wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave - he loves us but he loves football more and wants to play at the highest level. 

Also if Liverpool bid for him I would call them absolute hypocrites and I'm unsure if the fanbase would actually accept him because he came to play for an "oil club". He must know this. 

If it's Man City, RM, Barcelona, Bayern then fine... we are not there yet. But he knows he's adored here... you don't get this kind of love anywhere else. 

5 hours ago, Barnes23 said:

I agree. We aren't setting out to be Brighton, if there has to be a release clause it should at least be just shy of a "fuck off" price. 

As long as our turnover remains where it is, we have no choice but to ‘be Brighton’.  Selling for large profit makes up for those shortfalls 

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

As long as our turnover remains where it is, we have no choice but to ‘be Brighton’.  Selling for large profit makes up for those shortfalls 

I'll bet you'll find a huge jump in our turnover.

4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Why would anyone offer more than the release clause?

I know you can’t see this but Chelsea paid over Enzo Fernandez’s release clause. 

The fee, which was £6m higher than Fernandez's release clause, would have been paid across three instalments in equal measures. Such a technique would have allowed the Blues to record the fee across separate financial years however that formula did not proceed.

7 hours ago, SteV said:

For context, there’s been 11 transfers in history over £100m.

3 of them have been this year, the game is changing to the point where this kind of money is being easily spent by the top clubs. 

Edited by Decky

9 minutes ago, Decky said:

3 of them have been this year, the game is changing to the point where this kind of money is being easily spent by the top clubs. 

Not sure about ‘easily’ like.

Ignoring what Chelsea do but because they’re being run by idiots at present, the players that are going for that amount of money are incredible.

Even Rice, who you might not say is ‘incredible’, has clearly made Arsenal, who finished second, a better team when he plays.

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

Not sure about ‘easily’ like.

Ignoring what Chelsea do but because they’re being run by idiots at present, the players that are going for that amount of money are incredible.

Even Rice, who you might not say is ‘incredible’, has clearly made Arsenal, who finished second, a better team when he plays.

What I mean by easily is that if a top club wants him they'll pay it because its not a figure they'd be sweating over. Chelsea, City, Real and PSG would all pay it without thinking twice if they really wanted him, as we have seen with previous transfers. Liverpool also put a £100m bid in for Caicedo so they aren't afraid to spend it. I think if we're to put a release clause on one of our best players then it has to be something so big that its unlikely anyone would trigger it, but this figure is easily attainable for the top clubs. We'll have to wait and see if there's any truth in it anyway. 

22 minutes ago, Decky said:

Real Madrid and Man Utd have never spent that on one footballer.  PSG did twice during their crazy spending days - which are now at an end.  Barcelona have once, but their finances are fucked.  Italian clubs don’t have that sort of money. 

If it wasn’t for Chelsea’s insanity, they’d be rarer than hens teeth.  Rice is a superb footballer - and is English, so there is a premium.  If Bruno went for £100m that would be serious money. 

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I don't agree that selling players who have the potential to be the icons of the team over the next 5-10 years is a necessary part of our journey. Difficult to assess from the outside for anyone on a financial level, though. 

Nor is our current position in the game or overall trajectory and ambition comparable to Brighton, really, as much their approach has maximised their potential and rightfully won a lot of plaudits. 

Edited by Barnes23

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Real Madrid and Man Utd have never spent that on one footballer.  PSG did twice during their crazy spending days - which are now at an end.  Barcelona have once, but their finances are fucked.  Italian clubs don’t have that sort of money. 

If it wasn’t for Chelsea’s insanity, they’d be rarer than hens teeth.  Rice is a superb footballer - and is English, so there is a premium.  If Bruno went for £100m that would be serious money. 

20 years ago £40m was an incredible fee, now no one bats an eyelid at it. Theres more money in football than there's ever been and £70m, £80m and even £100m are going to start to become more common. 

1 minute ago, Barnes23 said:

I don't agree that selling players who have the potential to be the icons of the team over the next 5-10 years is a necessary part of our journey. Difficult to assess from the outside for anyone on a financial level, though. 

Nor is our current position in the game or overall trajectory and ambition comparable to Brighton, really, as much their approach has maximised their potential and rightfully won a lot of plaudits. 

Don’t think it matters, personally.  The sale of players will go back into the club for more players.  Not arsed about a player becoming an icon if it’s for the good of the club.

I agree that where we’re heading is incomparable to Brighton - but it’ll take several years to catch up with the big boys, and until then selling players is likely a requirement.  Every club does it if the money is right. 

1 minute ago, Decky said:

20 years ago £40m was an incredible fee, now no one bats an eyelid at it. Theres more money in football than there's ever been and £70m, £80m and even £100m are going to start to become more common. 

You’re right, but £100m isn’t likely to be Bruno’s current value in the market.  The handful of clubs able to pay aren’t at all likely to pay that figure for him - it’s much worry about nowt. 

1 hour ago, Decky said:

Depends on the player. Few eyelids were battered when we signed both Barnes & Gordan. Certainly more common place though.

Does anyone actually know if Bruno does have a 100m release clause or it it simply speculation?

But even if he did I'd hazard a guess it would be specifically for Real Madrid to trigger it (think that's his dream club...is it?)

I mean, can you imagine someone triggering it who are  not fancied by him. Surely he can turn that down, so something must be specific in the contract, assuming the rumours are legit.