Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

24 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I think he's been good as well, but I'd argue in games where we needed him to absolutely destroy the opposition (esp lower sides) he hasn't really done that. Yesterday reminded me of him last season pre World Cup and the end of his first season with us when he was just cooking all over. 

That's because they target him. Good managers have a Bruno G plan when they face us. They man-mark him. And deliberately target him for roughhousing and to knick it from him. No sensible manager would give him so much space to operate like they did yesterday.

This is one of my frustrations with Eddie. Decent teams and managers have plans to stop Bruno G, which greatly mitigates his threat. Howe hasn't done much tactically to free him back up as far s I can tell.

I can only think Heckingbottom thought to himself..  their at home.. we've lost 3 out of the last 4.. if they went at us they could beat us. But we're much better than them. And all the other teams had a plan to stop Bruno and all of our other strengths. They didn't let us do whatever we wanted. Paul.

Edited by The College Dropout

I think the devil will be in the details as usual, I would assume that because Bruno so obviously wants to stay and loves the club, his representatives would be looking after his career, as they should, and insisting on giving him a potential way out without him looking like he's angling for an exit. The questions are - 1. Does the clause only apply in certain situations - i.e. not in Europe, only to CL clubs, only to foreign clubs, etc? 2. How much is it, really? It's not the worst idea to outline specific criteria for an exit, even if they're likely never to occur. Just clarifies everything for all involved.

Also, fucking great news to sign him up no matter what. He gets the club and I love the way he cares so deeply, even if it sometimes gets him into trouble.

15 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

That's because they target him. Good managers have a Bruno G plan when they face us. They man-mark him. And deliberately target him for roughhousing and to knick it from him. No sensible manager would give him so much space to operate like they did yesterday.

This is one of my frustrations with Eddie. Decent teams and managers have plans to stop Bruno G, which greatly mitigates his threat. Howe hasn't done much tactically to free him back up as far s I can tell.

I can only think Heckingbottom thought to himself..  their at home.. we've lost 3 out of the last 4.. if they went at us they could beat us. But we're much better than them. And all the other teams had a plan to stop Bruno and all of our other strengths. They didn't let us do whatever we wanted. Paul.

Again, fair points. Of course they would do all that, but its the simple stuff he wasn't doing much of - he thrives in the 50/50s and being engaged and having to fight his way out and play a ball - that's the very reason why he's so press resistant and so highly rated. It's the duels that he generally wins and then what he does after. All of which has seen him sky rocket to the very top and become a key Brazil national player. You don't just get that type of praise and recognition beating teams that allow you the freedom of the pitch. 

Im assuming once Tonali gets up to speed and Willock is in there being super press-resistant, then Bruno will get a bit more time and space. 

I think the way we played the ball through the middle yesterday was fantastic though. Lovely little around the corner lay offs in narrow spaces. Would give anyone time on the ball. Just got to do it against better opponents. Doing it against lesser opponents is an important 1st step though.

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

How knackered does Bruno look there!? Normally fatigue disappears with the joy of scoring, wouldn’t be surprised if he was on the bench tomorrow. 

I think Howe will start tonali, Murphy, livramento, hall and possibly lascelles and Miley

11 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He shouldn't play tomorrow. Stay at home.

Pope. Botman. Schar. Trippier. Burn. Bruno. Gordon. Should all be at home.

At home? I'm 99% sure that Eddie wants to progress so we'll see a relatively strong side, and if anything, those players will still be on the bench.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

At home? I'm 99% sure that Eddie wants to progress so we'll see a relatively strong side, and if anything, those players will still be on the bench.

They've played a lot of football man. Longstaff just back from injury. Bruno G has played every minute in this intense period. He needs a week break.

The defenders on the bench is ok. 

City are going to play the boys.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

They've played a lot of football man. Longstaff just back from injury. Bruno G has played every minute in this intense period. He needs a week break.

The defenders on the bench is ok. 

City are going to play the boys.

Are they though, or is it just a ploy from Pep? It absolutely won't be the kids.

8 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Are they though, or is it just a ploy from Pep? It absolutely won't be the kids.

They've got so many injuries and now suspensions. Last 2 seasons 3rd round teams below.

KDB out. Rodri out. Bilva likely out. Kovacic & Stones might miss out too.

Think Ortega, Ake, Gomez, Lewis, Akanji start in defence.

Screenshot2023-09-26at10_25_30.thumb.png.0015ff2e0d9f4f228ccf474e6e1ef290.pngScreenshot2023-09-26at10_28_25.thumb.png.d31e0d46c69842cbe635da19c9c00fe5.png

Edited by The College Dropout

3 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Is there a lag with Twatter links? They used to embed straight away. Now it’s only when I’m back in the thread I notice that they’ve embedded ! 

That's cos I'm editing your posts with a Twitter link as opposed to an X one!