Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

48 minutes ago, Charlies said:

“I said in an interview that I love Kinder Eggs,” the 25-year-old tells me, leaning forward in a seat high up in the stands of the empty stadium, two days before the match against Burnley. “Then in the first game, we play at home, they throw Kinder Eggs at the pitch – ‘Bruno, for you! For you!’” He has an infectious, goofy laugh. “I feel very, very good here. I feel Geordie. I love what the fans have done for me.”

Hearing him talk about his family, you can see why a player like Bruno – who wears his heart on his sleeve, who chases every ball, who signed when they were shit – is the first name chanted on the terraces, for simply being there, in the middle.

“My manager in Brazil said to me: life is too short, the career of football goes quickly, so every game is a final,” Guimarães says, his first answer not to include a laugh. “I’ll remember this forever.”

:smitten:

Edited by PauloGeordio

If his release clause is about £100m then that is a big worry. Clubs will easily pay that if he has another good season. It’ll be good for our FFP but I thought if it was gonna be there it’d be higher.