Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Yeah we know Edwards is a pessimistic scrote, but if that release is triggered, he's gone right? I know people will be saying it's up to the player, but I'm sure agents will influence and a club like City will sell him the dream with little need to convince. 

Pretty sure our entourage wouldn't have agreed the buyout, but, I guess they looked at 100m and thought if someone pays that our FFP ceiling is raised. 

I guess if it did happen, we have to accept this is the way we will need to progress and evolve until financial obstacles change.

Edited by mighty__mag

I’m no fan of Edwards but the moment you put a realistic release clause in a contract it’s bound to fuel speculation mind. 

Especially when two players of roughly the same level in the same position went for the same money as the clause. 

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Yeah we know Edwards is a pessimistic scrote, but if that release is triggered, he's gone right? I know people will be saying it's up to the player, but I'm sure agents will influence and a club like City will sell him the dream with little need to convince. 

Pretty sure our entourage wouldn't have agreed the buyout, but, I guess they looked at 100m and thought if someone pays that our FFP ceiling is raised. 

I guess if it did happen, we have to accept this is the way we will need to progress and evolve until financial obstacles change.

He is gone if it’s triggered by someone of creature stature than us. It’s just how things are and we can largely blame FFP and PSR for it. 

I can’t see Arsenal paying 100m for another midfielder when they need to spend that type of fee on a striker. City though are a different kettle of fish 

24 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Pretty sure any club would agree with the player and then trigger the clause.

I can´t see him going to another prem league club, it would be extremely short sighted on our behalf. A barcelona or madrid would not hurt so much and most brazilian players tend to see those as their dream destination...

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's a truism that any Newcastle player is going to leave if Real Madrid offer £100m. It's pointless thinking about it. 

The thought of seeing him lose the CL final in a Real Madrid shirt as we lift the trophy already saddens me a little.

49 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's a truism that any Newcastle player is going to leave if Real Madrid offer £100m. It's pointless thinking about it. 

Thats the same for any club in England. Same with Barcelona and Bayern. Maybe PSG for the $$ they offer in wages. 

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The rumours won’t go away because people like Luke need a job. 

Exactly. Rumors about Almiron getting sold won't generate many clicks. If it's likely that our star players will stay, how do they generate clicks? They make up their own stories.

Edited by Erikse

TBR Football understands that Newcastle United believe Bruno Guimaraes will snub interest to stay at Newcastle United this summer.

The Brazilian midfielder committed himself to the club with a new deal earlier this season which TBR understands made him the highest-paid player at the club.

I’ve seen a lot of interviews with him. He loves Newcastle. His wife is comfortable here. They have a young child. They just bought a house. He’s on good wages. He has close friends at the club. Doesn’t strike me as someone to uproot all of that for 50-100k more in wages and playing in the CL when he can play in the CL here and get another wage bump when he earns it. Of all our players he’s the one I see who wants to be a legend here and nowhere else. 

Real Madrid are the only club in the world that could change that but I seriously doubt he is their main target. They have got Joselu as their main striker and have been playing Bellingham there. Endrick is too raw to be started there. I think they miss out on Mbappe (because PSG and the whole nation of France are basically offering him the world to stay) and go big game hunting for a striker this summer.

Barcelona have no money lol. 

Can’t see him going to a top 4 side in the PL. City will likely get Paqueta. Arsenal just spent 100 on Rice. Liverpool isn’t getting him.

I think it’s all clickbait. If a club does put up the 100m then they still have to convince him to leave a place he loves and his family love. 

Another point is that I could see him leaving a club like ours IF we just got lucky and finished 4th in an anomalous season as a flash in the pan performance from a club.  That’s not what happened. We achieved that in season 2 of this massive project. Everyone involved with the club knows this is a long term project with backing from the richest owners in football. I’m sure Bruno recognizes that and it will entice him to stay. Winning here as apart of this project, being the foundational player in this squad would mean more than lifting 2-3 trophies a year at City. 

I think Enzo/Caicedo/Rice have numbed us to how much 100m is. For context those are all top 7 transfers in football history. Just a notch below Mbappe and Neymar who went around 200. Not to mention Enzo and Moises both haven’t looked the part for that price. 

Im not worried at all. Just hope we don’t make the same mistake with Isaks contract. No point putting a minimum fee release clause that’s basically market value for the player. A release clause for a player of this quality should be prohibitive. 200m for the privilege to negotiate with Isak and his agent. 

We are worrying because we have PTSD from the Ashley era. This is now a place players will leave reluctantly and with a large dose of FOMO on what’s to come next at this club. 

Edited by Sufi

3 hours ago, buzza said:

I can´t see him going to another prem league club, it would be extremely short sighted on our behalf. A barcelona or madrid would not hurt so much and most brazilian players tend to see those as their dream destination...

Buzza, Barcelona can't afford him, and Real Madrid don't need him.

Pep apparently thinks hes perfect for him, and it could be Bernardos last season with City.

I think he'll stay committed to Newcastle, and like everyone else here believe he loves the fans etc, but, and it's a big one, if the clause is met, which I think to get him it will have to be, then it is a whole different game.

If Newcastle wanted to keep him here no matter what, they would have negotiated that clause out of his contract, it's pretty obvious they see it as a marker that they could cope with, to finance future targets.

Edited by mighty__mag

The ball to Isak to set him through was brilliant. 

Thought he was one of the only ones who played well last night. He's having to do the job of at least two midfielders

Edited by joeyt

55 minutes ago, joeyt said:

The ball to Isak to set him through was brilliant. 

Thought he was one of the only ones who played well last night. He's having to do the job of at least two midfielders

Aye he must have been looking around at some of the players we had on the pitch last night thinking I can do way better than this .

7 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Aye he must have been looking around at some of the players we had on the pitch last night thinking I can do way better than this .

Yeah I had that thought. A bad night for the club.

21 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Or thinking I can’t wait for Joelinton, Tonali, Willock, Trippier, Botman and Pope to be back ?