Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

He doesn't drink so it'll be food that's his downfall.

I thought he came back from the summer a bit pudgy.. the club will sort that in coming weeks but his form mainly is down to not finding the balance with Tonali yet. One of them needs to sit.

35 minutes ago, wormy said:

Didn't his first newborn coincide with even better form? If anything we need to make sure he continues with production line-efficiency.

Definitely not. He peaked in August/September time in 2022. Wee'un and the Palace penalty miss is the point at which the curve went in the opposite direction. Chelsea (h) he wasn't great and then it was the World Cup.

Still, I don't think his performances have been bad this calendar year by any means, he just hasn't sparkled as much as he did in his opening spell. I also genuinely think there's a sense that people have got used to/have stopped noticing his general quality; his baseline is still very high.

I thought he was excellent against Liverpool for instance until that maddening pass which led to their winner.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Definitely not. He peaked in August/September time in 2022. Wee'un and the Palace penalty miss is the point at which the curve went in the opposite direction. Chelsea (h) he wasn't great and then it was the World Cup.

Still, I don't think his performances have been bad this calendar year by any means, he just hasn't sparkled as much as he did in his opening spell. I also genuinely think there's a sense that people have got used to/have stopped noticing his general quality; his baseline is still very high.

I thought he was excellent against Liverpool for instance until that maddening pass which led to their winner.

Fair. Don't know why I imagined he had a few barnstormers not long after the first's arrival.

23 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

He doesn't drink so it'll be food that's his downfall.

I thought he came back from the summer a bit pudgy.. the club will sort that in coming weeks but his form mainly is down to not finding the balance with Tonali yet. One of them needs to sit.

They should both sit and allow our full backs to go further up 

Just needs a bit of a tactical switch around - both have the potential to be incredible together 

With Bruno having a second child and needing to be sold more than ever, Tonali being deeply unhappy and Howe failing to bring Miley in for Joelinton, we're in full blown crisis mode. The second manager can't be parachuted in to help Howe soon enough.

19 minutes ago, Mikky said:

They should both sit and allow our full backs to go further up 

Just needs a bit of a tactical switch around - both have the potential to be incredible together 

Yeah, the amount of quality there is there, surely it's just a case of finding the right tactical blend and then we'll be away.

I thought the three of them were going to be unbeatable after Villa. :lol: Easy to forget that was only three games ago; the way they helped each other out defensively and worked together in an attacking sense was majestic. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Yeah, the amount of quality there is there, surely it's just a case of finding the right tactical blend and then we'll be away.

I thought the three of them were going to be unbeatable after Villa. :lol: Easy to forget that was only two games ago; the way they helped each other out defensively and worked together in an attacking sense was majestic. 

With what we have the easy solution is a double pivot - Trippier needs to go further forward as does Hall (eventually) meaning Tonali sits a bit more to the left - making it a 3 at the back when defending and when in possession - Having Burn at LB means we can’t fully utilise the double pivot as he barely gets forward - even Trippier goes forward less 

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I thought the three of them were going to be unbeatable after Villa. :lol: Easy to forget that was only two games ago; the way they helped each other out defensively and worked together in an attacking sense was majestic. 

Is it the Liverpool game that you've erased from your memory?;)

Edited by Erikse

34 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Would maybe argue that his best performance last season could have been Leicester away after the restart, tbh. He was fantastic.

Love the guy and he's clearly one of, if not our best player but the back end of last season and the beginning of this one he just hasn't got going. There's been a few moments where he's looked his old self but there's far too many mistakes popping into his game.

Now, it's not all down to him as sometimes the positioning of other players doesn't allow him an outball forcing him to turn over the play. I just hope he gets back to fitness again soon and starts showing the form he is capable of, he's still the same player that dragged us up by our boot straps and guided us to comfortable safety and the following season dragged us to the top end of the table.