Mitchel Bakker

55 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Don't know loads about him, but I think I'd rather see us go after Rogerio, he's a very no thrills, tidy left back.

I saw a video of him, he looked pretty good mind. Powerful, and very decent at bringing the ball out.

4 hours ago, Thiago said:

This has been such an odd deal. I'd like us to sign him FWIW and I thought when there was talk of them wanting to replacement it would happen. Not sure what changed. 

Seems like they were ready to do the deal, but haven't been able to get a replacement in. 

2 hours ago, morpeth mag said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see him at nufc in the summer; Targett is just on loan.

Was thinking the same. This will be the kind of transfer we’ll be back in for in the summer when we stay up. Probably even have personal terms pretty much sorted with players like Botman/Carlos/Bakker/etc. 

27 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

I imagine we'll focus on signing Targett permanently if he does okay. 

Maybe as a squad player, I'd like to think we will be aiming higher if we really want to take things up a level. There's a reason Villa signed Digne. 

Considering we don't have a DOF or any type of rated scouts. must admit I've been pretty impressed with the type of players we've been trying to recruit, even if not that successful in this window.

Not sure we were actually convinced with Bakker. Seemed from all reports the deal was there to do but we stalled and tried for Gosens, went back but then ended up jumping on Targett when he came available. Probably preferring the PL experience for now at least.

Bakker looks decent, tall but quick and strong. Decievingly good dribble on him too.