Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

One of the most electrifying men in sports entertainment. 

37 G/A this season. 21. I think he has another gear in him too. 

There's two ways to look at this, it could've either been 60 G/A if he could actually finish or 10 G/A if he didn't have Benzema. 

45 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I whine on and on about trying to step away from football, but every time the Arsenal game comes around I get a million texts/FB messages etc. From both sides. I want to not care, but please can you fuck them up this week?

No one believed you'd really walk away from your team tbh, you were just disillusioned, now the good times are threatening to come back round you'll be glued to every game from now to the end of the season. CL under Conte? Ooooh! :love:

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

No one believed you'd really walk away from your team tbh, you were just disillusioned, now the good times are threatening to come back round you'll be glued to every game from now to the end of the season. CL under Conte? Ooooh! :love:

:lol: Nope, have to be strong. Didn’t watch the game. Trouble is, so many people just think of me as the Spurs guy.

10 hours ago, Flip said:

There's two ways to look at this, it could've either been 60 G/A if he could actually finish or 10 G/A if he didn't have Benzema. 

Biggest difference is Ancelotti making him feel like a main man. Have you watched him much this year?

Honestly, his finishing has been much better. A number of left footed goals too.

He's come a long way.

17 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Biggest difference is Ancelotti making him feel like a main man. Have you watched him much this year?

Honestly, his finishing has been much better. A number of left footed goals too.

He's come a long way.

Yeah, tried to watch all their games. Might be just that I’m more in love with Antony and Raphinha. I mean Vini is clearly a very good player, but he doesn’t create anything with his vision and his finishing/last bit of decision making isn’t very good. Like @ManDoon put it, he’s very erratic and that might be why I don’t necessarily love him. His speed and dribbling does cause trouble like.

16 minutes ago, Flip said:

Yeah, tried to watch all their games. Might be just that I’m more in love with Antony and Raphinha. I mean Vini is clearly a very good player, but he doesn’t create anything with his vision and his finishing/last bit of decision making isn’t very good. Like @ManDoon put it, he’s very erratic and that might be why I don’t necessarily love him. His speed and dribbling does cause trouble like.

Even though they play the same position (different flanks) I consider Vini Jr. a forward and Raphinha a playmaker/midfielder.

When he's coming in from that left, Vini is inevitable. He can't be locked down for a full 90 minutes at this point. He can play 1 touch football to create opportunities in tight spaces, beat his man (or two) and shoot and pass/cross with his right or left. I think he shows more variety in his game than a Mo Salah and if he can continue to improve, he'll be better than Mo. I assume he'll be moved to the right next season, will be interesting to see how he fits in with being #3.

I think his finishing has improved (I don't think his problem was finishing per se, just his composure and confidence). Left footed goals, dinks, he's perfected his Henry open the body and push into the far post. I don't think it's fair to say his finishing or his decision making is not very good based on his performances this season. Agree it's not in his game to create with vision at the moment.

11 hours ago, Flip said:

You could say that about loads of players though. Would Son have the same G/A without Kane? Would Antonio without Bowen?

It’s hardly groundbreaking that playing alongside top talent allows other top talent to score and assist goals.

If Luton make it up, is their ground enough up to standards to be used in the Prem? I love it but it looks like a total shithole and some of those seats seem like they have insanely easy access to the pitch. :lol: 

Edited by cubaricho

Kick off times aren't ideal today. First of all, what's 4.45pm about for the FA Cup final? It just looks so random, but also the big Sheff U vs Forest playoff match starts at 3pm, so that won't finish until around 4.55pm, so a little bit of crossover there, and allows no build up for the cup final if you were wanting to watch both live.

17 hours ago, cubaricho said:

If Luton make it up, is their ground enough up to standards to be used in the Prem? I love it but it looks like a total shithole and some of those seats seem like they have insanely easy access to the pitch. :lol: 

I read a couple of weeks ago that they are making ground improvements to make it compliant with Premier League rules.