Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

What's happened to Forest - they started the season quite well and were actually quite attacking, although terrible defensively. They gave West Ham, Everton, Spurs, Bournemouth and Fulham good games, even to the extent where they were unlucky to lose or draw some of those. 

But it seems they're just trying to survive, by not playing their own game and just defend defend defend. They've become a non entity - why buy all those players in that case? They've got a decent XI but the game plan is terrible right now. 

3 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Was a penalty to the Mackems looked a stonewaller to me?? 

Ref waved play on and Blackburn go straight up and score. I'd be raging if that was us! Oh dear :lol: :lol: :lol:

Our lad from Sunday isn’t it?

2 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Was a penalty to the Mackems looked a stonewaller to me?? 

Ref waved play on and Blackburn go straight up and score. I'd be raging if that was us! Oh dear :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aye, he took the man at the same time as getting a tiny touch on the ball, was a definite pen like. One that would have been given to the big PL clubs

6 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

What's happened to Forest - they started the season quite well and were actually quite attacking, although terrible defensively. They gave West Ham, Everton, Spurs, Bournemouth and Fulham good games, even to the extent where they were unlucky to lose or draw some of those. 

But it seems they're just trying to survive, by not playing their own game and just defend defend defend. They've become a non entity - why buy all those players in that case? They've got a decent XI but the game plan is terrible right now. 

They were conceding loads of shots, so they've gone more conservative.

No way they can go attacking here, they'd get picked apart.  

Norwich were attacking a few years back and people got excited early on, but it was pretty clear that their style of play was just begging to go back down.  If you're crap, like Norwich and Notts Forest, you've just gotta accept that you need to be really pragmatic and that means getting men behind the ball and limiting the space and time in the center of your final third.