Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

He had the odd poor game in his tenure but I liked how solid we were under him. And as the squad got better we played better stuff. Brucey always forgets that when he bangs on about finishing positions. Rafas teams were championship level players playing well above there level. 

Yep. No doubt in my mind if rafa continued where he left off that team was never going to be where Bruce had us 90% of the season 

1 hour ago, Paully said:

Steve Bruce: 🗣 “I would think that the teams I’ve managed in the Premier League - and I’m going to get slaughtered for this - but they were in the bottom half. 

"I remember going to China and watching ten or twelve games of the season before when Rafa was in charge, who they all idolised.

“And he finished 12th or 13th and he’d gone about it this way so I thought ‘I ain't gonna change much here’. He defends deep, we had lost Mitrovic up the pitch and we need a centre forward and some more players in.

“But this is the way he has gone about it and been awful to watch. I hold my hand up and saw we weren’t great to watch, but how do I keep Newcastle United in the Premier League? That’s the brief.”

(via/Up Front with Simon Jordan)

[emoji38] mad how he’s oblivious to the fact Rafa to scrimp and scrape every transfer window. Literally had to give relegated WBA our striker Gayle so we could borrow Rondon off them. 

Ashley, for whatever reason, gave Bruce a bucket load of wedge in comparison. Not once did Bruce have to offload a player to fund a transfer window like Benitez (and all other previous managers before him) did under Ashley. 

Bruce hails his achievements of matching Rafas points tally or finishing in the same position or whatever it was. But he always glosses over the fact he had to spunk big cash on Joelinton, ASM and Wilson to achieve what Benitez achieved with Atsu and Joselu and Gayle or Rondon. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

[emoji38] mad how he’s oblivious to the fact Rafa to scrimp and scrape every transfer window. Literally had to give relegated WBA our striker Gayle so we could borrow Rondon off them. 

Ashley, for whatever reason, gave Bruce a bucket load of wedge in comparison. Not once did Bruce have to offload a player to fund a transfer window like Benitez (and all other previous managers before him) did under Ashley. 

Bruce hails his achievements of matching Rafas points tally or finishing in the same position or whatever it was. But he always glosses over the fact he had to spunk big cash on Joelinton, ASM and Wilson to achieve what Benitez achieved with Atsu and Real Madrid's Joselu and Gayle or Rondon. 

Tidied

On 23/09/2023 at 08:38, RS said:

Ah man, not the “decent bloke” response. He was a useless, greedy cunt who didn’t give any other fuck other than taking the money. 

This is was what boils my piss about Bruce, much more so than his managerial abiliities. We've had managers here in the past (Ardilles, McFaul, Roeder etc.) who simply weren't good enough, or were managing in very difficult circumstances, and I bear them no grudges at all.

Bruce on the other hand, is a shameless slug, who will throw anyone or anything under the bus to protect his reputation......his players, other managers, his own fanbase, he doesn't really care. His constant attacks on a decent man and far superior manager like Benitez were absolutely disgusting, but he got away with the gaslighting to some extent, because of his mates in the press and in the game, ably backed up by his idiot son and mouth-breathers among our support. Rafa got the club and the fans got him....and I think more than anything, this stuck in his craw and he couldn't help but show his other side. His rewrting of history since, especially about Howe, just sums the despicable cunt up to a tee.

A dinosaur and a fraud, I despise the bloke. RIght up there with Souness for me.

Edited by UncleBingo

12 hours ago, Fezzle said:

To be fair a lot of our fans say that too. It's bizarre as we scored plenty the second half of that season with some cracking wins

Because, not just in football, people are lazy and lack independent thought, they hear something enough then it must be true.

25 minutes ago, Begbie said:

Who was worse, him or John Carver?

Carver was a hopeless one dimensional type who was clearly out of his depth but Bruce for me is a completely repulsive individual, as well as absolutely clueless coach. The bloke sickens me to my stomach, I can barely look at him

19 hours ago, Paully said:

Steve Bruce: 🗣 “I would think that the teams I’ve managed in the Premier League - and I’m going to get slaughtered for this - but they were in the bottom half. 

"I remember going to China and watching ten or twelve games of the season before when Rafa was in charge, who they all idolised.

“And he finished 12th or 13th and he’d gone about it this way so I thought ‘I ain't gonna change much here’. He defends deep, we had lost Mitrovic up the pitch and we need a centre forward and some more players in.

“But this is the way he has gone about it and been awful to watch. I hold my hand up and saw we weren’t great to watch, but how do I keep Newcastle United in the Premier League? That’s the brief.”

(via/Up Front with Simon Jordan)

Mitrovic, the one who was loaned out 18 months and sold 12 months prior to Bruce rocking up? Funny he fails to mention you had actually lost Rondon - the player of the season who Ashley refused to fork out for despite being desperate to stay and who was probably our most well rounded striker since Shearer besides Ba.

What a fucking slug he is.

I wouldn't say that Carver is even a manager tbh, he's a coach who's somehow landed the managerial post at both Toronto and a Cyrpriot team and walked into Newcastle because Ashley.

Bruce our worst ever manager, Pardew my most hated and Carver for all intents and purposes is a good coach but just isn't cut out for management.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, nufcjb said:

I can't believe this absolute leech got himself some airtime (and surely a paycheque) in the Beckham Netflix series and his first few words were about " a pair of balls"....

Bumping this thread on the day we play at home in the Champions League for the first time in 20 years...

Sending Off Red Card GIF by Football Australia