sunderland in the EFL

Big River

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

The fact that Leicester are too with 36 out of 39 points, despite losing most of their best players, tells you everything you need to know about the standard of the championship currently.

Bit harsh, they sold Maddison, Barnes and Castange but the free transfers were all rubbish and they have replaced them very well for a profit as well as keeping a core of players good enough for lower PL level. Their current side would probably beat the useless shower that went down

I must glance at RTG most days. Stopped reading most of the nonsense on there - now it's mainly because there's a daily "football on TV" thread, which is quite handy.

Anyway, tonight most are claiming they'll be watching Leeds Vs Stoke, nothing, or Man City tonight, and not us.

Whilst I'm sure that's true, just wonder how many pages their inevitable NUFC Vs Dortmund thread clocks up?

Just now, Abacus said:

I must glance at RTG most days. Stopped reading most of the nonsense on there - now it's mainly because there's a daily "football on TV" thread, which is quite handy.

Anyway, tonight most are claiming they'll be watching Leeds Vs Stoke, nothing, or Man City tonight, and not us.

Whilst I'm sure that's true, just wonder how many pages their inevitable NUFC Vs Dortmund thread clocks up?

https://m.liveonsat.com/

Don't even need to go on for the football on TV thread now.

2 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Human rights experts saying they will watch City doesnt make their position very convincing

1 hour ago, Fezzle said:

Bit harsh, they sold Maddison, Barnes and Castange but the free transfers were all rubbish and they have replaced them very well for a profit as well as keeping a core of players good enough for lower PL level. Their current side would probably beat the useless shower that went down

Tielemans, Evan's and Söyüncü. Personally don't think it's harsh, I just think the standard of the championship is shocking 

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

Tielemans, Evan's and Söyüncü. Personally don't think it's harsh, I just think the standard of the championship is shocking 

Tielemans was woeful all season and the other two barely played 20 games between them in between looking rubbish or injured. Soyuncu was a comedy figure for many there

2 hours ago, Abacus said:

Well to give you an idea of how much interest they have in our match tonight, the NUFC v PSG  match thread on there was 92 pages strong until it was hidden away in the parsnip section.

They'll all be glued to our game tonight, however much they protest otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Well to give you an idea of how much interest they have in our match tonight, the NUFC v PSG  match thread on there was 92 pages strong until it was hidden away in the parsnip section.

They'll all be glued to our game tonight, however much they protest otherwise.

The same 4 mackems are watching in my local again tonight, have a table booked. For reference they dont come in to watch any of their games including last night....

5 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Tielemans was woeful all season and the other two barely played 20 games between them in between looking rubbish or injured. Soyuncu was a comedy figure for many there

Both are better than what they have now. You're obviously entitled to your opinion though, but I'll stick with my original point

3 hours ago, Scoot said:

They said "we'd give them a game" and said pretty similar about AC Milsn too.

When Bon Accord played Arbroath in 1885, nobody can deny they 'gave them a game'. The records show the match was played.

Got beat 36-0 mind.

Edited by Chris_R

8 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They're a clear 3rd best in the North-East if we're going back 30 years like. Even just the last 5-6 alone. 

40 even. Going back that far Boro have more points in the top division, have won a cup and played in Europe twice *, played in more cup finals, not set foot in the 3rd tier and had bigger name players.

All the mackems have over them is attendances which in turn they'll say doesn't count for anything with us. Luckily they'd concede Boro were a bigger club than them just so they can be a bigger club than us even though not a single element of that makes sense to anybody else.

Edited by Jonas

6 hours ago, Abacus said:

Their morals won't allow them watch Man City they hate state owned clubs. In fact before the takeover they wanted us to beat them when we played. Now they shout for the draw so two state owned teams lose points.

25 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

Their morals won't allow them watch Man City they hate state owned clubs. In fact before the takeover they wanted us to beat them when we played. Now they shout for the draw so two state owned teams lose points.

Sure do have principles on that board.

Fairly certain that when we played PSG they didn't watch that game, fantasise about playing them, or want them to win either ... oh.

2 hours ago, The Fountain said:

I think that’s why they didn’t celebrate when Man City won the title, when the Mackems played Man Utd at the SOS.  Principles. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I think that’s why they didn’t celebrate when Man City won the title, when the Mackems played Man Utd at the SOS.  Principles. 

They were also gutted when we drew City in the league cup, they didn't get happy in the slightest

9 hours ago, Dancing Brave said:

:2funny::2funny::2funny:

Hilarious yet desperate riding on the coat tails,epic lack of self awareness. One of them saw a German registered bus in an SR post code area, I can sense a new bond forming.