sunderland in the EFL

Big River

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Almost, but not quite.  Football is lopsided and broken because of the PL, etc etc.  Yep, I agree.  But then he adds this:

'I genuinely would have been gutted after Saturday 10 years ago, but I shrugged, & put the Xmas Dec's in the garage'

So in 2014 he'd have been gutted.  The PL breakaway occurred 22 years before this, but somehow he missed that the 1992 breakaway was also about unfettered greed.  It is only now that football is broken.  Aye, alright Exile, you massive weapon :)

The fucking lunatic has conducted an almost daily crusade about the takeover since it occurred. Has he put his white flag up because no fucker was interested in his rabid rants. I'm still convinced he was never a mackem fan in the first place and was just using their forum to get attention with his mad ramblings, the daft twat.

6 hours ago, Mag3.14 said:

Question to those that frequent RTG - does that looney "Exile...." still post his bile on there?  Seems to have gone very quiet on twatter?  Would expected him to be in his element before and after the game.  Wonder if he's finally been committed ;D

Posts mostly under his Skylon account now.

I remember Hull were doing well in the Championship a few seasons ago pushing the Play-Offs, sold Bowen to West Ham, stayed up by the skin of their teeth. I doubt they'd collapse to that level but their promotion hopes might go if they sell Clarke.

Scrap that, I mis-remembered, they went down bottom of the league. :lol:

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Sima said:

Posts mostly under his Skylon account now.

Multiple accounts on the same forum is always the hallmark of someone who’s not quite the full deck. Some might even say a sociopath.

10 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Clarke is 24 this year - he's not that young; in fact he's approaching his prime - and still hasn't played a minute of top flight football, despite Spurs previously paying an eight-figure sum for him.

The lad might end up doing well in the PL, but he'd still be a punt.  I don't see anyone paying 20m+ for him.

Tonali is an Italian international who was playing in a CL semi final for them last year; Botman is a Dutch international CB who was also being chased by Maldini at AC; Gordon was subject to a 60m offer from Chelsea in 2022, and was player of the tournament at the U-21 Euros.

Jack Clarke has done well in the English second division.  There is a difference.

And i haven't once disputed that :lol:

18 hours ago, Sima said:

Because they're levels above what Jack Clarke is?

Yes, Hence why they are playing for a team in the CL.

Jack Clarke isn't that level, but I think he will be fine for a lower end PL side.

31 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

And i haven't once disputed that :lol:

Tbf Teddy you made mention of their fees as a point of comparison - those three players are considerably more valuable than Jack Clarke.  You’re right, I can easily see a Burnley or a Forest buying him - particularly as he’d be risk-free for a relegation. 

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Tbf Teddy you made mention of their fees as a point of comparison - those three players are considerably more valuable than Jack Clarke.  You’re right, I can easily see a Burnley or a Forest buying him - particularly as he’d be risk-free for a relegation. 

I've had this conversation with Teddy for quite a while.  A year ago he said something along the lines of about half a dozen of their young uns would be playing or be comfortable playing in the Premier League.  We are now down to Jack Clarke "possibly" going to Burnley.

1 minute ago, Rod said:

I've had this conversation with Teddy for quite a while.  A year ago he said something along the lines of about half a dozen of their young uns would be playing or be comfortable playing in the Premier League.  We are now down to Jack Clarke "possibly" going to Burnley.

There’s not a chance a decent PL club takes a gamble on Clarke - and he’d be worth £15-20m at an absolute push.  I suspect that the Mackems would accept a bid for less than that if it came in.  That would power the stadium generator for yonks

38 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I said from the start he's not worth 30M, I think he's worth about 15-20M.

I used the likes of Tonali / Gordon / Botman fees as an example because they went for double if not more than what he's worth, evidencing the fact they are better players than him at a similar age.

34 minutes ago, Rod said:

Not exactly a fair metric if your giving kids one window to make a move to the PL is it?

FWIW - Clarke is being heavily linked to West Ham, a team currently 6th.

Edited by TeddySAFC

8 hours ago, et tu brute said:

The fucking lunatic has conducted an almost daily crusade about the takeover since it occurred. Has he put his white flag up because no fucker was interested in his rabid rants. I'm still convinced he was never a mackem fan in the first place and was just using their forum to get attention with his mad ramblings, the daft twat.

Telling that even that post from him received one reply praising him on saying the circus but was all but ignored by everyone

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

There’s not a chance a decent PL club takes a gamble on Clarke - and he’d be worth £15-20m at an absolute push.  I suspect that the Mackems would accept a bid for less than that if it came in.  That would power the stadium generator for yonks

He looks a decent footballer, but the lack of pace will kill any top level interest in him. Tripper who's struggled against it over the last month or so had an easy time keeping Clarke in his pocket.

1 hour ago, TeddySAFC said:

Not exactly a fair metric if your giving kids one window to make a move to the PL is it?

Like I said a year ago, come back when these superstar young uns are actually playing in the Premier League.  I said it then and I'll say it again, I'll be waiting a while.

1 hour ago, TeddySAFC said:

He'd be signed as backup, with hope he can stand in for injuries, he's certainly not a starter in that team, or any at PL level. Think Ballard has a higher ceiling and probably the one who'll make it at top level. 

3 minutes ago, Sima said:

According to RTG, Ashley is an excellent businessman and we were lucky to have him so this is a huge positive for them.

No doubt the old grumpy twat will pop up with his world renowned financial expertise on Ashley.