sunderland in the EFL

Big River

2 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Seen this earlier ? 

Screenshot_20240114_160304_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.202090021e8c681755123df58fd912fd.jpg

But i thought it was us that always wanted managers sacked. I thought it was us that would want Howe Out as soon as things got a bit tough?

I think they had convinced themselves that they were going to attract one of Europe's best & brightest managerial talents. To go from that to Beale was always going to be a tough pill to swallow. Obviously he is a bit rubbish too which doesn’t help but he's about the level of a middling Championship team.

Don't know how they manage it but they always seem to be either just inside or just outside the playoffs, despite being totally shite most of the time. Weird league, must be about 12 teams in "contention" for the playoffs, they're actually only about 4 points from dropping as low as 14th

On 13/01/2024 at 01:10, Erikse said:

Is it just me, or does that guy look a little bit like Steve Bruce?

872f9170-b083-11ee-939d-1917fa480e5a.jpg.thumb.webp.e3fddbca6899800ffe06b8902d8d5f80.webp

Well look, there are plenty of pot bellied men out there. I can't hit up all the Greggs in Newcastle as I'm a family man you know. Gotta make time for the family, because I'm a family man. A family man.

Can I get three Greggs to go, please.

Edited by Joe1984

To be fair, almost none of them wanted him in the first place so it's not like they've turned on him. They were trying to hound him out before he was in.

1 hour ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Don't know how they manage it but they always seem to be either just inside or just outside the playoffs, despite being totally shite most of the time. Weird league, must be about 12 teams in "contention" for the playoffs, they're actually only about 4 points from dropping as low as 14th

They've lost more games at this stage of the season than we lost under Ossie in our worst ever season and lay 23rd in the league.

Obviously they've won a few more but promotion being on with that level of defeats seems a mockery.

Edited by Jonas

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

But i thought it was us that always wanted managers sacked. I thought it was us that would want Howe Out as soon as things got a bit tough?

Beale is their 4th manager since Eddie's been here, yet we hound them out ?

image.thumb.png.5c3f64d82df2f9f3477920c9c1d25dbd.png

Top 4 are all like 1/250 to make the top 6, so realistically there are 2 spots available. Bookies have WBA odds on to make the playoffs, and have Sunderland, Middlesbrough, and Coventry in a little pack, all around the same odds. Hull, Watford, and Norwich a little further back, and then the rest massive long shots, so hopefully WBA, Coventry and Boro maintain or pick up (in the latters case) in the coming weeks.

Big match for Sunderland at home to Hull on Friday. I guess Hull's odds would be similar to Sunderland at full time if they were to win.

Edited by Paullow

Ha, mind that is for a top 2 finish and not promotion, as otherwise I'd definitely be having a few quid on the red and white Brazil [emoji38]

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/promotion

You can get 16/1 for them to be promoted at Bet365, which is a lot higher than their modal price of 9 or 10/1 pretty much everywhere else, so could be worth an 'insurance' bet for those who like to do that.

3 hours ago, Paullow said:

Ha, mind that is for a top 2 finish and not promotion, as otherwise I'd definitely be having a few quid on the red and white Brazil [emoji38]

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/promotion

You can get 16/1 for them to be promoted at Bet365, which is a lot higher than their modal price of 9 or 10/1 pretty much everywhere else, so could be worth an 'insurance' bet for those who like to do that.

Pilko will be all over that ...... the weirdo!

8 minutes ago, Elric said:

The thread "Joelintons (sic) Home Broken Into" on RTG sums most of them up like, vile little cunts. 

Horrible human beings so consumed by their bitterness towards NUFC that empathy is non existent.

If ever a thread sums up RTG it’s that one. A handful of sane people trying to counter the raving loony masses. 

Edited by Nucasol

1 hour ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

Newcastle chairman Al-Rumayyan faces $74m lawsuit for 'carrying out' malicious instructions of Bin Salman
Posted without comment

RTG Could be a record busting thread unless they parsnip it 

11 pages already.

Just seen in the local rag that Season 3 of their comedy show hits Netflix in February. Obviously will never reach the heights of the others without the downward spiral and comical owers but still plenty delusion on show i imagine