sunderland in the EFL

Big River

They did, he had quite a decent pedigree as a French youth international and former Marseille product. 

The fact he's only played 79 minutes since joining doesn't suggest he's impressed much. I can't imagine the offer is substantial (1.5-2m perhaps) and there may be something due to Lille as a sell-on clause. This is kind of their model now, albeit on a smaller scale, but looking at their squad they look a bit thin heading into the season and with no replacement for Amad Diallo. 

11 hours ago, Viana said:

They did, he had quite a decent pedigree as a French youth international and former Marseille product. 

The fact he's only played 79 minutes since joining doesn't suggest he's impressed much. I can't imagine the offer is substantial (1.5-2m perhaps) and there may be something due to Lille as a sell-on clause. This is kind of their model now, albeit on a smaller scale, but looking at their squad they look a bit thin heading into the season and with no replacement for Amad Diallo. 

Seen absolutely nothing in him in his cameos to suggest he's any good to be fair, If we can get a million or two it's probably decent business.

Our squad is far from thin, If anything it's bloated with too many players in the same position.

2 hours ago, TeddySAFC said:

Seen absolutely nothing in him in his cameos to suggest he's any good to be fair, If we can get a million or two it's probably decent business.

Our squad is far from thin, If anything it's bloated with too many players in the same position.

will there be fewmin outrage if he goes to Qatar marra? 

9 minutes ago, sleazy said:

Wouldnt have thought so.

Orient unified a fractured dressing room. 

I don't get the impression Sunderland have that problem.

I’m not saying they’re gonna’ go on to have a great season, I’m just saying it’s a huge pre-season defeat to much lower league opposition which although inconsequential is nonetheless hilarious. 

13 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

I’m not saying they’re gonna’ go on to have a great season, I’m just saying it’s a huge pre-season defeat to much lower league opposition which although inconsequential is nonetheless hilarious. 

It was our second choice 11, 3 days out before the season starts, whilst we shouldn't be getting hammered with our second string, it's of no real relevance.

Edited by TeddySAFC

4 hours ago, TeddySAFC said:

You’re right in terms of CB and CM but you’re light in terms of strikers if nothing else.

27 minutes ago, Viana said:

You’re right in terms of CB and CM but you’re light in terms of strikers if nothing else.

Agree with that, desperate for a striker.

We have about 8 full backs and one fit striker.

25 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Agree with that, desperate for a striker.

We have about 8 full backs and one fit striker.

Yeah, on reflection thin is the wrong word in this context. It's more, I don't know if I see quality past the starting XI. Losing Amad was huge and I'm not sure if that quality has returned via other players. 

RTGs latest thread on us re the ticket ballots, at last for the first time in ages they have something genuine to have a bit of a dig at us.

Some of the first posts claimed it was being used as a cover to excuse empty seats. It defies belief that they could propagate such bollocks but it was repeated by a few and with zero distention.

However much they might loathe us, these sort of posts just make them look unhinged.

I honestly thought they might leave it to grow to try and needle us, clearly things haven't gone to plan.

Parsnipped now.

Probably busier than the thread about their own game against Hartlepool, but I will never know.