sunderland in the EFL

Big River

1 minute ago, madras said:

Bollocks with the tramp stuff man. Stokoe won an FA Cup for us and played 261 games. Born in Mickley so quite possibly an NUFC fan.

A North East great.

He was a mag but that’s the only image I’ll remember of him.

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Bet it would be if it wasn't Sunderland.

Possibly but I doubt they would think Bob Moncur lifting the Fairs Cup was an iconic moment.

Part of rivalry for me despise the cunts and always will.

Edited by Whitley mag

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Possibly but I doubt they would think Bob Moncur lifting the Fairs Cup was an iconic moment.

Part of rivalry for me despise the cunts and always will.

No man, its the iconography of the moment, the shock, the clothing. If he'd worn a suit and ran on its not the same, if Charlie George doesn't lie there waiting to be picked up its not the same, if a load of kids in parkas don't run on the pitch when Ronnie Radford scores its not the same, if we beat Burnley at Hillsbrough and that background of the kop end isn't like that, it's not the same and football and our memories are less for it.

4 minutes ago, madras said:

No man, it’s the iconography of the moment, the shock, the clothing. If he'd worn a suit and ran on its not the same, if Charlie George doesn't lie there waiting to be picked up its not the same, if a load of kids in parkas don't run on the pitch when Ronnie Radford scores its not the same, if we beat Burnley at Hillsbrough and that background of the kop end isn't like that, it's not the same and football and our memories are less for it.

Precisely he looked like a tramp who the fuck doesn’t wear a suit for the cup final scruffy mackem cunt.

11 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Precisely he looked like a tramp who the fuck doesn’t wear a suit for the cup final scruffy mackem cunt.

He looked like the future, the tracksuit manager......it worked, they won, 50yrs since in which we've basically dominated them and you haven't got over it.

Edited by madras

5 hours ago, madras said:

Bollocks with the tramp stuff man. Stokoe won an FA Cup for us and played 261 games. Born in Mickley so quite possibly an NUFC fan.

A North East great.

Bob Stokoe was 100% a mag.  Boyhood fan.

They’ve got a statue of a Newcastle fan outside their ground, and we’ve got a stand named after a boyhood Sunderland fan.  Odd how it works out. 

49 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Christ man that’s Bob Stokoe you’re talking about. 

I’m quite aware of who he is and he’s on a par with Bobby Charlton and Dennis Tueart as far as I’m concerned.

Jackie Milburn on the other hand salt of the earth.

7 hours ago, madras said:

He looked like the future, the tracksuit manager......it worked, they won, 50yrs since in which we've basically dominated them and you haven't got over it.

Watch the game again.  They were absolutely battered.  Jammy bastards!

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Bob Stokoe was 100% a mag.  Boyhood fan.

They’ve got a statue of a Newcastle fan outside their ground, and we’ve got a stand named after a boyhood Sunderland fan.  Odd how it works out. 

Billy Leazes?

4 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

I’m quite aware of who he is and he’s on a par with Bobby Charlton and Dennis Tueart as far as I’m concerned.

Jackie Milburn on the other hand salt of the earth.

What’s Tueart done? We released him as a school boy and he twice thought he’d signed for us. Can’t fault him for winning the Cup for Sunderland or scoring the winner in the LCF against us.

Both Stokoe and Tueart are black and white. Bobby Charlton on the other hand is a miserable Manc and England legend. Don’t think he could find Ashington on a map these days.

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

What’s Tueart done? We released him as a school boy and he twice thought he’d signed for us. Can’t fault him for winning the Cup for Sunderland or scoring the winner in the LCF against us.

Both Stokoe and Tueart are black and white. Bobby Charlton on the other hand is a miserable Manc and England legend. Don’t think he could find Ashington on a map these days.

:thup: