sunderland appoint a new head coach

Big River

15 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I liked the 'imagine waiting years to be successful then it not counting' or something, ignored by all but whichever one didn't post it 

Yeah, I loved that one.  So if (when) we win the league, the top slot will appear empty.  Like the BBC refusing to acknowledge ‘Relax’ going No. 1.  Mad bastards. 

This non-start to the season and potential derail can all be pin-pointed to one moment - the board trying to oust Mowbray days after leading them to an unexpected play-off position. At the time the fans were nearly all behind TM, and excited about the future. Over the summer targets have gone elsewhere, and no sign of a resolution to their only real striker on the books. TM feeling backed by the fans whilst betrayed by the board has pushed as much as he can publicly for a new striker, but the fans aren't s united behind him now and believe he needs to shut it and craic on. Which is fair enough. That's life up north, you do the best with what you've got, so TM bleating every 5 mins and being sulky isn't washing now.

With 3 losses before we've even kicked a ball, then a royal humping of a very fancied team in Villa, its all going to come to a head. TM isn't massively back by the fans now, but he;s made his bed, he's going to keep going with this line as he's either going to be sacked soon because the board will have had enough of him whinging, or later on, when he cant get the team to function due to lack of goals. He's really got nothing to lose. Paid up in full for a few weeks work or over a few months. Either way, he doesn't make it to next season.

Sunderland always find a way to blow their own wheels clean off, and it's been the board this time after a pretty much perfect season for them last time out. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

I maintain that anyone who doesn’t want this version of NUFC to play this version of the mackems is risk averse to the point of paralysis.

It would be a dream come true to get them in the 3rd round of the FA cup. Home or away, I'd play the strongest team possible, even if we had a CL game 3 days later.

53 minutes ago, Beth said:

It would be a dream come true to get them in the 3rd round of the FA cup. Home or away, I'd play the strongest team possible, even if we had a CL game 3 days later.

I’d be more concerned with one of their cloggers being ‘well up for it’ and injuring one of our key players.

Hard pass for me.  Let them rot. 

Sometimes I think the Ronnie Radford goal gets played too much

Times like this not enough.

I wouldn't want to play a non-league team away in the cup but I'd be delighted with Real Madrid.

2 hours ago, Jonas said:

Sometimes I think the Ronnie Radford goal gets played too much

Times like this not enough.

I wouldn't want to play a non-league team away in the cup but I'd be delighted with Real Madrid.

You'd think we went out of the cup to third division sides two years in a row the way some of us go on ...

The thing they like to cling to now is that no-one will ever win "6 in a row" (forgot there's a trophy or honour for that) on a level playing field again. 

They completely forget the fact that Ellis Short had to overspend to keep Sunderland from circling the toilet bowl for as long as they did, while Ashley was under-spending here to make it a "level playing field". 

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’d be more concerned with one of their cloggers being ‘well up for it’ and injuring one of our key players.

Hard pass for me.  Let them rot. 

I'm the same. They can't touch us on ability and it woukd be a cricket scaore but one of their hatchet men could go down in mackem folklore by putting Bruno, Tonali, Isak out for the season regardless of the result.

As someone said earlier they are getting to the stage where I check their score in the same way as I would Hartlepool when at one point I'd always keep a keen interest hopining theyd lose. I didn't realise they'd lost on Saturday until yesterday although tbf I was away for the weekend but even then I still managed to watch our game and knew all the Prem results. I suppose as our upward trajectory continues and the longer they stay in lower league oblivion the more the old rivallry will diminish, certainly from our side.

45 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

I'm the same. They can't touch us on ability and it woukd be a cricket scaore but one of their hatchet men could go down in mackem folklore by putting Bruno, Tonali, Isak out for the season regardless of the result.

Seems the sort of thing that Clattermole’s heir apparent Luke O’Nein would be up for. Fuck all talent but a clogger and badgekisser supreme.

Out of interest, what’s the longest period we’ve had without playing each other - not counting World Wars and the like? If we don’t draw them in the cup it’ll be 8 years by the end of this season.