sunderland

Big River

One of my mates immediately after the result went on a rant about how we all wanted pope in goal for the tournament instead of little Dino. I don't know anyone who wanted a keeper playing with one game in 4 months or anyone else sad enough to use that time to make a massive mackem point either. Sad cunt even kicked off when I said the pen he saved was right at him ha

20 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

One of my mates immediately after the result went on a rant about how we all wanted pope in goal for the tournament instead of little Dino. I don't know anyone who wanted a keeper playing with one game in 4 months or anyone else sad enough to use that time to make a massive mackem point either. Sad cunt even kicked off when I said the pen he saved was right at him ha

Pickford is class imo but seeing a lot of praise for him after last night, which I am not saying he doesn’t deserve for his England performances. However, last night he didn’t really do anything top class. He nearly got done off a corner as well. 

20 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

I didn't get anything about Pope but did get a picture of Pickford mocked up like a Cabinet appointment with "FTM" in the message.

Luckily someone else identified he was arsehole drunk and told him to stop drinking and have a lie down before I could call him a sad cunt.

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Pickford is class imo but seeing a lot of praise for him after last night, which I am not saying he doesn’t deserve for his England performances. However, last night he didn’t really do anything top class. He nearly got done off a corner as well. 

Yeah I'm actually a fan despite the jokes, he didn't have a great game which made the mackem thing a bit weird

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I don’t think he is class, but he does have a thing for saving penalties.

His overall performances are nowhere near the standard of keepers from the 90’s/00’s.

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I don’t think he is class, but he does have a thing for saving penalties.

His overall performances are nowhere near the standard of keepers from the 90’s/00’s.

Strange as anyone on this forum could have saved that terrible pen, harsh to say he's not a good keeper though. Presumably due to your hatred of Bradford cos the whole country loves sunlun over Newcastle 

I still think he’s an inbred mackem cunt.
Could have hoyed his cap on the ball for that pelanty save. 

34 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

There are definitely one or two on here :lol: A vocal minority though.

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Strange as anyone on this forum could have saved that terrible pen, harsh to say he's not a good keeper though. Presumably due to your hatred of Bradford cos the whole country loves sunlun over Newcastle 

Eh, what the fuck are you on about?

I’m not saying he’s not good, I’m just saying that he’s not class. I compared him to keepers from the 90’s/00’s because if they were around now, Pickford wouldn’t get a look in.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

There are definitely one or two on here :lol: A vocal minority though.

I'm going to assume they are on my ignore list :lol: the sane posters haven't said it thankfully

Just now, Stifler said:

I’m not saying he’s not good, I’m just saying that he’s not class. I compared him to keepers from the 90’s/00’s because if they were around now, Pickford wouldn’t get a look in.

Sorry I forgot you are immune to jokes

Pickford is ok, sober, but he's not great. 

Was reminiscing about the heady days of Shilton v Clemence when poor Joe Corrigan couldn't get a look in. 

Decided to go down an England keeper rabbit hole. Some interesting characters in the list. Especially when you get down to those with 1 cap. 

Bloke at 114 is absolutely class, btw 

http://www.englandfootballonline.com/TeamGkprs/GkprsMstApps.html

I've said it before as well, but I love the back and forth between our fans and Pickford, it's what's good about football. That aside he's an undeniably very good 'keeper, appears to have cut out the panto stuff a bit more, and honestly, when he's playing for England I love him, I think he's brilliant. 

Posted (edited)

It would never happen as well but I can guarantee that if he played for us the majority of our fans would 100% love him. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I've said it before as well, but I love the back and forth between our fans and Pickford, it's what's good about football. That aside he's an undeniably very good 'keeper, appears to have cut out the panto stuff a bit more, and honestly, when he's playing for England I love him, I think he's brilliant. 

As a person he's a complete cunt as I have seen. As a keeper am a big fan, also love the craic with our fans. Idiotic to say otherwise mind

15 minutes ago, Stifler said:

The goalkeeper role is different now though. The keepers back then were normally big units, good shot stoppers and no nonsense. 

I think he's matured quite a bit over the last couple of years, and he's a better keeper & person for it. Like KI, I think the fans would love him here. 

It's utterly desperate from them to cling on to him like they do. He played 31 times for them 8 years ago then left. It's just weird.

6 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

The goalkeeper role is different now though. The keepers back then were normally big units, good shot stoppers and no nonsense. 

It's hilarious to compare, seaman was one of our best and was as agile as those soccer aid wankers :lol:

Looking at Pickford stats at https://fbref.com/en/players/4806ec67/Jordan-Pickford they're actually surprisingly poor in some measures, at least for most of his Everton career.

His first five seasons with them (2017 - 2022) he only had one season where he conceded fewer goals than expected based on xG. And that year was only +1.3 over a season, so not a great year. Last 2 years have been much better mind with +3 and +4.4.

His crosses stopped % has always been below average as well. So basically his tiny T-Rex arms appear to have hampered him.

Decent sweeping distance though and obviously he's comfortable with the ball at his feet. Feels (just from stats) like he's improved a bit with experience over the last couple of year & probably in his prime now.

It is interesting though that England's longstanding No 1 with a big reputation, and who as a ball-playing keeper would seem to be quite a modern-style keeper has been playing in a bottom-half team for the last 5 years.