sunderland

Big River

4 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

Yup - rivalry needs to be forgotten about with this. It's cheap point scoring and only emboldens the racists further.

Got to stand together - Newcastle, Sunderland, Boro, etc. :thup:

Too right. Time for the reasonable and nice majority to put aside local banter and stand together. Too many extremists conflate nice with soft. Can be a big mistake. 

2 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

☝️ my old PE teacher/coach in that picture. Sadly, not Johan Cruyff (Richie Pitt). 

If you ever bring yourself to watch the '73 Cup Final, your old PE teacher did a right old reducer of a tackle on Alan Clarke in the opening minutes. Would be a straight red card these days.

9 minutes ago, bigfella said:

If you ever bring yourself to watch the '73 Cup Final, your old PE teacher did a right old reducer of a tackle on Alan Clarke in the opening minutes. Would be a straight red card these days.

He was a nice man. Took us on a tour of Joker Park (not a Sunderland fan amongst us…) and to England u15 internationals. Oh! And organised a penalty shoot out against some Sunderland players… Shaun Elliot did not comply with nee blasties rule! 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

So apparently they got a 2 2 draw yesterday against one of the favourites for the champions league, good season ahead for these lads.

On 04/08/2024 at 15:55, Ben said:

So apparently they got a 2 2 draw yesterday against one of the favourites for the champions league, good season ahead for these lads.

Wonder if the Champions League is really good again, after last year when they would have beaten most of the teams in it, particularly PSG and Milan

Reading through Swiss Ramble's review of their 2022/23 finances. This made me chuckle:

Another reason for the growth was a significant increase in headcount from 273 to 319, though 40 of this came in lower paid administration/operations. Note. The employees section in the accounts does not add up properly, so a black mark for the auditors there.

It is absolutely wild reading the accounts of a Championship / L1 club after mostly looking at PL clubs. Their amortisation charge for the year was £2.7m, which is like a couple months of Isak.

1 hour ago, Sid said:

Leanne's removals on Facebook is some sight today, mocking these knackers is the way forward.

How stupid do you have to be to engage in one of the most negatively newsworthy events, that is recorded and posted online forever by multiple sources, and not realise that it might affect your business?

6 minutes ago, KennyUtd said:

Screenshot_20240809_120639_Chrome.jpg

They are so precious, what on earth would we do without them?

I'm just off to the RVI (again) as I need FAR stronger stitches in my sides this time, I'm there almost every day these days.

Edited by manorpark

So let me get this straight, he is happy for us not to counter demo any facist march, let our city get smashed up, not because it would be the right thing to do due to us being vehemently against any kind of racisms, but because we’re owned by Saudis? 

words fail. 

SMB at it's riveting best 

Anyone been over to the club store this morning? I want a large home shirt but don’t want a wasted trip if out of stock.

I was in 2 days ago and had shitloads of home and away in

Edited by Choppy Chop Chop
Its

2 hours ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

SMB at it's riveting best 

Makes you rethink that letterbocks in Viz is all from genuine correspondents.