sunderland in the EFL

Big River

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Don’t know what it’s like now but there used to be 1 bus an hour that passed through Washington to Sunderland, the 638, meanwhile there’d be 1 every 15 minutes to Heworth Metro and more routes and X buses to Eldon Sq. 

Before that there’d be regular buses to Worswick St (191, 192 spring to mind). Washington had far more links to Newcastle than it ever did to Sunderland. As said it was just farmland east of say Barmston up past where Nissan is now. Strangely, Sunderland Airport was Washington side of the A19 and they built a training hall with a few pitches opposite the bus depot at Concord.

Remains the case that its far easier and far more regular to get to Newcastle.

Last time I was over there I had to get a bus to Shiney Row and the X1 to Newcastle from there to Washington and that was from Park Lane.

Newcastle to Washington is half an hour on the X1 (every 10-15') and prior to that was 194/294's every 10' transfare to Heworth and a 189 through the estates to Newcastle.

Even the old away game clipper went through Washington from Newcastle.

All testament to what a mackem fortress it is and has been obviously.

Edited by Jonas

24 minutes ago, Sima said:

He said the other day that he wasn’t really arsed about football anymore yet he’s posted about 100 times in that thread since.

You’re fooling no one, knacker.

Aye a noticed that, now he's got a following judging by tonight's comments. A few now claiming they would of been gutted if we had of won something 2/3 year ago but now it doesn't matter as it's all blood money. I'll be honest  if roles were reversed I'd be fuckin devastated they were in our position . They can't even type a 30 word message without contradicting themselves or letting the mask slip, it's fuckin embarrassing that grown blokes can't just admit they're gutted that we're doing well. 

4 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Remains the case that its far easier and far more regular to get to Newcastle.

Last time I was over there I had to get a bus to Shiney Row and the X1 to Newcastle from there to Washington and that was from Park Lane.

Newcastle to Washington is half an hour on the X1 (every 10-15') and prior to that was 194/294's every 10' transfare to Heworth and a 189 through the estates to Newcastle.

Even the old away game clipper went through Washington from Newcastle.

All testament to what a mackem fortress it is and has been obviously.

The clipper!  Ye were posh if you got the clipper to away games a remember, magpie travel or them Armstrong galley buses with piss stinking seats was my limit😆

They used to say we'd bought the league in the 90s.

I remember early excuses in 95 'how much money have you's spent?! its obscene'

After we beat them in the last game at Roker Sheds it was 'you're team cost X amout more than hours'

"fair do's, you were the better team, have more money because you have more fans filling to put money into the club, and thus rightfully are miles ahead of us, after all, we averaged 17,000 last season and you had more than that on the season ticket waiting list, we know our place" wasn't forthcoming

5 minutes ago, John tolan said:

The clipper!  Ye were posh if you got the clipper to away games a remember, magpie travel or them Armstrong galley buses with piss stinking seats was my limit😆

Had the seat on the right in front of the toilet going to Coventry on an Armstrong Galley once. My heart sunk every time I seen someone coming up the aisle with a magazine

Edited by Jonas

Fuck the lot of them. They’re not bothered about anything we do or say or who we buy or who’s injured etc etc but they’ll post endlessly about it all on ready to groom. So if/when we do win something I take it they’ll not be bothered at all while we party non stop…cos ‘it doesn’t really count marra’ but they’ll  waste loads of nervous energy by battering ‘FTM’ out at every opportunity and be utterly outraged by something they really couldn’t give a flying fuck about. I wouldn’t even debate it with them, a simple fuck off would suffice. 

9 hours ago, midds said:

Exceptionally convenient that any success we may have, any trophies or titles will 'mean nothing' to them and won't actually count. This is rather handy and a nice little forcefield they've created for themselves just in case. They know it's coming and are already coming up with reasons to ignore it like the fucking children. Like toddlers putting their fingers in their ears and lalalalala-ing loudly so they don't have to even acknowledge it :lol:

If somehow we did clinch a CL spot, can all refrain from making face's at them,they divvint like it and tend to go ape shit. they even threw their poppy display at the Cardiff goalie when he started making faces:gm's dummy:

Where was their sports washing excuse when they were literally cheering Man City winning their 1st title under their owners? You know when Man Utd had played Sunderland at the SOL, got beaten by Man Utd, and still cheered when Man City won.

10 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Where was their sports washing excuse when they were literally cheering Man City winning their 1st title under their owners? You know when Man Utd had played Sunderland at the SOL, got beaten by Man Utd, and still cheered when Man City won.

Could do with liking this more than once , can pull the thread now 👏👏👏

Canny funny how they are so adamant Howe would take the England job.

Can’t they get it through their heads that national team management is now a second-tier gig?  I’m not worried about Howe going to England in the slightest.  Or anywhere else for that matter.

We've spend £200m on repairing the damage the previous owner did over 12 years. Most of that was money we had or was owed through him bleeding the club dry. They same the same amount to get relegated so badly, they had to plummet 2 leagues. 

Saudi money hasn't even kicked in. Just wait till it does, no amount of lying to themselves is going to fix that. Very dark times ahead for the marras.

12 hours ago, midds said:

Exceptionally convenient that any success we may have, any trophies or titles will 'mean nothing' to them and won't actually count. This is rather handy and a nice little forcefield they've created for themselves just in case. They know it's coming and are already coming up with reasons to ignore it like the fucking children. Like toddlers putting their fingers in their ears and lalalalala-ing loudly so they don't have to even acknowledge it :lol:

If somehow we did clinch a CL spot, can all refrain from making face's at them,they divvint like it and tend to go ape shit. they even threw their poppy display at the Cardiff goalie when he started making faces:gm's dummy:

Can you imagine if the shoe was on the other foot?  
While sunderland were 3rd in the premiership with a structure in place that was going to mean challenging for Europe and trophies and we were lower-mid second division with no form or hope of challenging for anything?

Would we have played the fake humanitarian card as well?  Could you seriously suddenly decide that from 7th October 2021 human rights in Saudi Arabia were more consuming than your own football club?

For example a question must be asked of sunderland fans is how can you be so pro-human rights in KSA but boo a gesture of human right support in your own country?

I don’t think we could embarrass ourselves by being so obviously fake but they seem to think they’re genuinely getting away with it. 

Edited by RS

2 minutes ago, RS said:

Can you imagine if the shoe was on the other foot?  
While sunderland were 3rd in the premiership with a structure in place that was going to mean challenging for Europe and trophies and we were lower-mid second division with no form or hope of challenging for anything?

Would we have played the fake humanitarian card as well?  Could you seriously suddenly decide that from 7th October 2021 human rights in Saudi Arabia were more consuming than your own football club?

For example a question must be asked of sunderland fans is how can you be so pro-human rights in KSA but boo a gesture of human right support in your own country?

I don’t think could embarrass ourselves by being so obviously fake but they seem to think they’re genuinely getting away with it. 

2 options. Ignore them or walk away from football. Both equally as hard and why they've gone the 3rd route with their vaux outrage.

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

2 options. Ignore them or walk away from football. Both equally as hard and why they've gone the 3rd route with their vaux outrage.

Have to say I would walk away, I had anyway . Last league game I seen at SJP was the second 0-3 against the makems , didn't even make it till half time. Swore I would never go back while that piece of rancid shit was at the club (Luton aside in the cup I kept to it) . Now me son has managed to swap last week's cup tickets for Leeds on New year's Eve and a can't fuckin wait ! 

Just the 7 pages over there the day. Ganging up on a fellow fan cos he's called them hypocrites,tick said the Quinn display was shite,tick  jealous of the mags,tick  now he's a 'mag'. Dangerbairn has joined in now the man whose always got to have the last word. Tits the lot of them, fair play to the honest ones though