sunderland in the EFL

Big River

10 minutes ago, Sima said:

They way they try to say loads walked away when Di Canio was appointed manager.

Funny, all I remember is them calling the Durham Miners worse than shite and saying good riddance to David Milliband (who was a non-exec member of the board at the time) for raising concerns.

History will show their average crowd rose by 600 whilst Di Canio was there however.

4 hours ago, manorpark said:

Yes, in fact mainly only "administratively" via the very artificial merged borough.

When I worked in Washington in the 1990s, judging by the number of shirts worn, it seemed to be about 80 percent a Newcastle United town.

Didn't know of one person that regularly (10 games a year or so) went to their games at either school I was at.

Got the free ticket offers in our weekly news though, just had to go to reception to pick them up if you were interested.

Be a real shame when they lose such a passionate stronghold

2 hours ago, Rod said:

Strange.  Because as you approach Springwell village, just past the incinerator/recycling plant, there is a sign that says "welcome to sunderland".  Then underneath it says "twinned with ......... somewhere in France I think.

That is why I say "really" a part of Gateshead, we all know that it has administratively become part of the Sunderland Metropolitan Borough. My earlier post (a few up from here) illustrates how the strange Tyne & Wear' 1974 situations happened.

49 minutes ago, manorpark said:

That is why I say "really" a part of Gateshead, we all know that it has administratively become part of the Sunderland Metropolitan Borough. My earlier post (a few up from here) illustrates how the strange Tyne & Wear' 1974 situations happened.

I was working in Washington in 1974 and they were devastated when they found out they were going to be part of sunlun.

6 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

I was working in Washington in 1974 and they were devastated when they found out they were going to be part of sunlun.

Yes, Washington had absolutely NO natural links with Sunderland. Their links were in Gateshead and (of course) to the City of Newcastle.

Football preferences have also always followed that natural pattern.

3 hours ago, manorpark said:

It is definitely really a part of Gateshead, always has been!

It is....there's 4 ways out of it....3 take you into Gateshead, the other takes you into nothing but farmland until hitting Sunderland itself

4 hours ago, frankpingel said:

Springwell Village is definitely Sunderland Council. 

Ive a friend who lives in SV and it’s controlled by SC. Think it crosses into Gateshead at Galloping Green Road which is basically Eighton Banks.

As for Birtley it’s all Gateshead and the cut off point is the roundabout at Barley Mow.

8 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Ive a friend who lives in SV and it’s controlled by SC. Think it crosses into Gateshead at Galloping Green Road which is basically Eighton Banks.

As for Birtley it’s all Gateshead and the cut off point is the roundabout at Barley Mow.

The BOC came under Birtley,Chester le Street.

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

Yeah this is right...a lot of Birtley is Dh3 post code but under Gateshead council

Used to work of Drum Industrial Estate, that's the dividing line I think as it caused chaos on the sat navs trying to find us with the DH postcode. The roads leading to it must be in Gateshead and the premises themselves tipping into Durham.

Edited by Jonas

Courtesy of John Cooper Clark…..the Hicksville anthem

The fucking pies are fucking old

The fucking chips are fucking cold

The fucking beer is fucking flat

The fucking flats have fucking rats

The fucking clocks are fucking wrong

The fucking days are fucking long

It fucking gets you fucking down

Evidently Chickentown 

🤔🤗

I see they have a new thread on there called 'The Mags' (probably be merged soon as usual), where they are going from anything we win having no meaning to them, to trying to justify why we won't get too 4 this season. Plenty of mental gymnastics going on with the broken fuckers to add to their 'comfy blanket'. This is only still at the start also :lol:

Don’t know what it’s like now but there used to be 1 bus an hour that passed through Washington to Sunderland, the 638, meanwhile there’d be 1 every 15 minutes to Heworth Metro and more routes and X buses to Eldon Sq. 

Before that there’d be regular buses to Worswick St (191, 192 spring to mind). Washington had far more links to Newcastle than it ever did to Sunderland. As said it was just farmland east of say Barmston up past where Nissan is now. Strangely, Sunderland Airport was Washington side of the A19 and they built a training hall with a few pitches opposite the bus depot at Concord.

20 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I see they have a new thread on there called 'The Mags' (probably be merged soon as usual), where they are going from anything we win having no meaning to them, to trying to justify why we won't get too 4 this season. Plenty of mental gymnastics going on with the broken fuckers to add to their 'comfy blanket'. This is only still at the start also :lol:

Love the concept that just 12 months on from being certainties to be relegated, us finishing 5th this year would be some kind of 'win' for them.

Guess what, seat shitters? It's a pretty big win for us too. :lol:

Exceptionally convenient that any success we may have, any trophies or titles will 'mean nothing' to them and won't actually count. This is rather handy and a nice little forcefield they've created for themselves just in case. They know it's coming and are already coming up with reasons to ignore it like the fucking children. Like toddlers putting their fingers in their ears and lalalalala-ing loudly so they don't have to even acknowledge it :lol:

19 minutes ago, midds said:

Exceptionally convenient that any success we may have, any trophies or titles will 'mean nothing' to them and won't actually count. This is rather handy and a nice little forcefield they've created for themselves just in case. They know it's coming and are already coming up with reasons to ignore it like the fucking children. Like toddlers putting their fingers in their ears and lalalalala-ing loudly so they don't have to even acknowledge it :lol:

I assume this means they won't even post about it if it happens?

1 hour ago, midds said:

That'll be that soft shite roker makem your talking about. Had a nervous breakdown at half time when our kids were drawing 0-0 against their 1st team, his mask drops all the time in match threads. Tit

1 hour ago, midds said:

We know that's not really the case though........ and so do they ;D