Bolton vs Newcastle United - Post Match Thoughts

BlufPurdi

Solano played at least the last game with a groin injury. He needs rest, unfortunately for us our defence is a whole lot shitter without him

Agree 100%about Solano we missed him badly, but your wrong with Ramage, he has been awesome lately and he wasn't even at fault for the goal today Pav was, as he also had a number of nervy moments. If  Given's not fit i'd definately start with Krul next game.

Bet Krul was fucked off bigtime. :lol:

Krul isn't match fit - he got called back from having time off because of Given's injury, (remember that Krul hasn't played since he got injured.)

Bet he was still fucked off mind.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I fucking hate Bolton btw. Cheating scum. Allardyce can fuck off and eat another doughnut, the fat fuck. I hope they get relegated as soon as possible and fuck right off.

Totally agree. I'd fucking love it if they got relegated and bought Ramage

I'm not really blaming Roeder for the starting line-up, i don't disagree with it, and i'm pleased in some ways that he took Dyer off. We were unlikely to win the game anyway, and Everton is the more important one. Save Nobby/Duff/Emre/Dyer etc for that one and blood some youngsters here today.

Thought it was bizarre taking Milner off, though.

Krul isn't match fit - he got called back from having time off because of Given's injury, (remember that Krul hasn't played since he got injured.)

How?

Clueless, tbh.

I'm not really blaming Roeder for the starting line-up, i don't disagree with it, and i'm pleased in some ways that he took Dyer off. We were unlikely to win the game anyway, and Everton is the more important one. Save Nobby/Duff/Emre/Dyer etc for that one and blood some youngsters here today.

Thought it was bizarre taking Milner off, though.

Unless Dyer's injured. Century said he looked uncomfortable when he was taken off.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Result aside i am pleased with the way the game went today. For once we have gone to a place with a game plan and seen it work for the 1st 30 minutes until a mistake has cost us our momentum. When was the last time you could remember us going to a place like Bolton pre Roeder and outplaying the opposition. For this Roeder should be congratulated, because he has outwitted big Sam with far less ammunition at his disposal.

Like it or not we were playing with only 1 out of 5 of our would be starting line up, Pav aside with the average age of 20, against an attack of Diouf, Davies and Anelka who have caused untold problems to other defences far more experienced than our own. This is an excellent learning curve for the lads and one that they should take heart from

We need Shay and Nobby back against everton, their presence should not be underestimated.

We always knew this was going to be a difficult 3 games

Guest Saint Andy

that ramage shite picture is typical kneejerk reactionary bollocks I've come to expect from some posters here. the fact pav and ramage had a communication breakdown on their first proper game playing is not surprising. I'm not happy about it, but the fact is that Ramage has been playing well, and getting better, so don't hang him for one mistake.

How?

Clueless, tbh.

Oh for fucks sake. Is there really any need for that? Honest to God. :roll:

Sorry, if you can't indulge in a little bit of light, ironic humour than that is your problem. Jesus Christ. As much as i hate the childish phrase, 'take a chill pill' - seriously mate... do so.

I bet he was a bit annoyed because he was recalled from his family and christmas celebrations to sit on a bench, watch a 38-year-old fail to perform, and watch his team lose. I think young Krul might just be a bit down.

Fucking hell. :roll:

Good news is... i don't think we move up or down. Just the bottom comes a bit closer to us.

Could be wrong - but i think we stay 11th.

thats not good news tbh..

The good news is that we haven't slipped.

How?

Clueless, tbh.

Oh for fucks sake. Is there really any need for that? Honest to God. :roll:

Sorry, if you can't indulge in a little bit of light, ironic humour than that is your problem. Jesus Christ. As much as i hate the childish phrase, 'take a chill pill' - seriously mate... do so.

I bet he was a bit annoyed because he was recalled from his family and christmas celebrations to sit on a bench, watch a 38-year-old fail to perform, and watch his team lose. I think young Krul might just be a bit down.

Fucking hell. :roll:

It's his job though. He can be annoyed and down all he wants, it's what he's paid for.

(Not saying you've said anything against this, just thought I'd make a general statement).

Good news is... i don't think we move up or down. Just the bottom comes a bit closer to us.

Could be wrong - but i think we stay 11th.

thats not good news tbh..

The good news is that we haven't slipped.

Thats means we are setting ourselves to fall harder IF we lose against Everton and united..

that ramage shite picture is typical kneejerk reactionary bollocks I've come to expect from some posters here. the fact pav and ramage had a communication breakdown on their first proper game playing is not surprising. I'm not happy about it, but the fact is that Ramage has been playing well, and getting better, so don't hang him for one mistake.

He has been playing well this season but today he had a shite game! Was at fault for both goals. Headed it past Pav for the first and didn't do enough to stop Anelka scoring the winner. Then when we needed the ball up attack he kept skying balls into the air and out for Bolton throw ins under no pressure.

:lol: :lol:

When will you people actually understand that AS9 is on a wind-up? (even if he's not admitting it)

Guest elbee909

If we win a game, then we're going to win the league.  Lose and we're the next Leeds, relegation, all our players are shite, the fans are shite, everything, SHITE.

Bollocks to the lot of it, I'm going to have some booze.

Here's a thought. We went into the game without  Ameobi, Babayaro, Bernard, Bramble, Carr, Harper, Moore, N'Zogbia, Given and Owen. Which is to say our first and third choice strikers, two left backs, one right back, two centrebacks, two goal keepers and a left winger, plus we rested another left winger and a right winger (albeit one we've been using at right back).

Had Bolton had the same issues and stuck with their usual 4-3-3 we'd have been playing against...

GK  : Chris Howarth

Def : Blazej Augustin

Def : A YTS Lad 

Mid : Ivan Campo

Mid : Gary Speed

Mid : Quinton Fortune

Fwd : Kevin Davies

Fwd : Hendrik Pedersen

Fwd : Ricardo Vaz Te

Although I guess they'd have dropped Campo to centre back and stuck someone else in midfield. Still, you get the idea. I got the squad details from Soccerbase, which lists them as having 27 pros, but only six defenders, although I think Campo and Gardner can play at the back.

ps : Blazej Augustin! what a fantastic name. Almost as good as Linvoy Primus...

Here's a thought. We went into the game without  Ameobi, Babayaro, Bernard, Bramble, Carr, Harper, Moore, N'Zogbia, Given and Owen. Which is to say our first and third choice strikers, two left backs, one right back, two centrebacks, two goal keepers and a left winger, plus we rested another left winger and a right winger (albeit one we've been using at right back).

I beg to differ.

Sibierski is not worse than Ameobi.

Martins is not worse than Owen.

Hutington is better than both Bernard and Babayaro.

Taylor is better than Moore.

Ramage is steadier than Bramble.

Edgar is not worse than Carr, worse than Solano though.

N'Zogbia is better than Milner on the left.

Both Given and Harper are better than Srnicek.

So in fact the team we are playing are near to our full strength. And the starting 11 against Spurs could be said to be our best 11.