Bolton vs Newcastle United - Post Match Thoughts

BlufPurdi

Guest Alan Shearer 9

how SURPRISING yet again you have NOTHING to contribute involving the football and yet again make your trademark jokes that we know you for. Truly a GOON if I ever saw one. On the subject of the game, I thought we were shit, especially Peter Ramage, he was really shit.

Guest Invicta_Toon

how SURPRISING yet again you have NOTHING to contribute involving the football and yet again make your trademark jokes that we know you for. Truly a GOON if I ever saw one. On the subject of the game, I thought we were shit, especially Peter Ramage, he was really shit.

never  bluebigeek.gif

Guest KeithKettleborough

We were doing fine until a few minutes before the own goal. It was then that the lack of communication netween Pav and the defenders started. Seemed to be a completely messy few minutes culminating in the own goal. The push had  a part to play but Ramage didnt seem to realise it was done with hands and never complained or even appealed. Can't imagine an appeal would have made much difference in spite of what Shearer said as the ref must not have seen it.

Second half we didnt show and Dyer disappeared from the game after the first half hour, dont think the lad is fit yet to be honest.

What was more annoying was the throw in which they scored the winner from. I cant understand why Taylor wasnt covering Davies as he is by far the strongest and biggest of our players. I doubt with him there Davies would have been so dominant in that situation and manage to easily bully the defender and win the ball.

Again mystified as to why Milner was the one to be sacrificed when we used our subs. Just like Nobby was Bobbys sacrificial lamb, then Milner seems to be Roeders.

Not too bothered. Amazing as it must seem, losing matches actually does happen from time to time. And it would just be a truly horrible reflection on our collective intelligence as fans if we took one bad day to mean that our boys are shite again.

Going to a tough away fixture with a fourth-choice keeper in goal and a defense line with two reservists and no players over 24, something bad was bound to happen. If there was ever a game that we should've expected the worst from, this was probably it.

What I'm more worried about right now is our "new" injury crisis, which is arguably scarier than our old one. With Given, Harper, and Krul still unconfirmed for both Everton and Manure, and Nobby apparently swept off into the twilight zone once again, it seems we'll be forced to face the most testing time of the year with a uber-makeshift defense that can't be termed as anything more than a disaster waiting to happen. Not to mention that Dyer and Emre both seem to be playing slightly injured as well.

We're pretty much one unlucky training ground incident for Butt from going 5-0 down to Manure at home.

Guest Brazilianbob

A draw would have been a good result here and we somehow bossed them for the opening periods, until the defensive mistakes (which were always going to be an issue when you play such a makeshift back 5.)

I'm not too disheartened at all, let's just hope we've got some players back for Everton otherwise we might be looking at much of the same.

Agreed.

I'm going to avoid this thread from now on because I know it's just going to devolve into a lot of kneejerk reactions, bickering, wind-ups and people biting.

That's nothing new, if you check out every thread on this forum you will see that each topic eventually decends into childish name calling.

Did well considering the experience of the back four, but we should've done better. Had Given played, we'd taken all three points.

Really disappointed in the selection-- Emre showed why we need him. Butt and Parker were ok, but the team needs Emre to control and distribute the ball.

Over all, though disappointed, I am encouraged. Bolton are shit and they're vying for the Champions League right now. No reason we can't catch them. There is a signifcant gap between Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool and (maybe) Arsenal and the rest of the league.... no reason NUFC can't by pass the other pretenders.

Not that we've got a good team; just Tottenham, Everton, Bolton, and the rest are crap.

What irritated me the most yesterday was Jeff Stelling (and i'm usually a fan of his) on Sky's Football Special.

We were 1-0 up and cruising, Brian McNally was praising us to the hilt. After an ad break, cue big Jeff with a big smile on his face,

"We've gotta go straight to the Reebok where i've a funny feeling they'll be dancing in the Bigg Market tonight"

"Yes!" i thought "it must be two-nil".

Cut to McNally who informed us it was still bloody 1-0.  :wullie: :wullie: :wullie:

I was livid!

What was more annoying was the throw in which they scored the winner from. I cant understand why Taylor wasnt covering Davies as he is by far the strongest and biggest of our players. I doubt with him there Davies would have been so dominant in that situation and manage to easily bully the defender and win the ball.

The plan on Davies seemed to be to double up, with one in front and one behind to stop the flick-on. Trouble was neither Edgar nor Taylor got anywhere near him. Taylor was about a yard away. I know Davies is very difficult to stop in that situation because he's got a back the size of a garage door, but he wasn't even put under pressure.

Hopefully both will learn from the experience, though if Bramble had been involved there'd be a five page thread devoted to opinions about how shit he is.

And incidentally, are you the real Keith Kettleborough?

What irritated me the most yesterday was Jeff Stelling (and i'm usually a fan of his) on Sky's Football Special.

We were 1-0 up and cruising, Brian McNally was praising us to the hilt. After an ad break, cue big Jeff with a big smile on his face,

"We've gotta go straight to the Reebok where i've a funny feeling they'll be dancing in the Bigg Market tonight"

"Yes!" i thought "it must be two-nil".

Cut to McNally who informed us it was still bloody 1-0.  :wullie: :wullie: :wullie:

I was livid!

:lol:

Guest KeithKettleborough

And incidentally, are you the real Keith Kettleborough?

I'm sure the answer is that he's not. bluebiggrin.gif

Hmmm that would be telling but I do have the initials KK  :winking:

Nah.............................. did see him play though a few times. Helped stave off relegation and was never sure if he was involved with England at one time, maybe in the squad.  These days he would look like Ketsy or Siebierski no doubt and probably a cult figure with Jim Iley. However as you can see, an ugly bugger even by 60's standards.